ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Recording Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th October 2006 03:26 AM
KWarner Has this recording surfaced yet? I have seen some clips on YouTube which were cool, but no other audio/video of this show. Perhaps I am being impatient?
15th October 2006 08:03 AM
Bitch If anyone recorded SHE WAS HOT please post a link for it!
15th October 2006 09:18 AM
glencar I have it in my memory if that helps...
15th October 2006 02:41 PM
mechanimals Yeah, I only saw parts of the show. I was working at the stadium.
15th October 2006 02:57 PM
glencar youtube has limited amounts of some Chicago songs but SWH isn't among them.
16th October 2006 02:47 PM
Bitch Found it! SHE WAS HOT from Soldier Field!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNO93NfLBNc
16th October 2006 03:12 PM
jb That f-king sucked!!! I hope it was better if you were there.
16th October 2006 03:15 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
jb wrote:
That f-king sucked!!! I hope it was better if you were there.

Believe me....It rocked!!! That recording did not do it justice!!
16th October 2006 03:17 PM
Joey " I have it in my memory if that helps... "

16th October 2006 03:18 PM
MikeyC613 I thought it sounded pretty good, I liked Charlie's little hi-hat hits during the chorus breaks to keep the beat going. I haven't seen Keith step up and rip a Chuck Berry solo that well in a while. Reminded me of Voodoo Keith.

This brings me to the conclusion that Keith really is just bored to death up there playing the same 8-10 songs every night. Maybe his sloppy/non guitar playing is an F-You to Mick. He seemed pretty into this one. A nice solo for a guy recovering from a "stroke".
16th October 2006 03:33 PM
mrhipfl I thought it sounded fine too. It's hard to tell from a cheap recording like that, though. Keith looks fine to me, looked normal on YGMR, too. He does look at his guitar a lot though, but if it helps him concentrate, I'm all for it.
16th October 2006 03:40 PM
Saint Sway Keith is playing pretty well for a guy who suffered a massive stroke that was brought on by consuming deadly amounts of heroin/coke speedballs

[Edited by Saint Sway]
16th October 2006 03:42 PM
Altamont
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Keith is playing pretty well for a guy who suffered a massive stroke that was brought on by consuming deadly amounts of heroin/coke speedballs

[Edited by Saint Sway]

don't forget the burden of his peg leg!!
16th October 2006 03:43 PM
Nellcote Pretty confident better recordings will surface.
Mid 80's well requested live track makes it's debut, fine with me. Closest you'll get any true Chuck Berry licks during this tour...
16th October 2006 03:54 PM
Poplar
quote:
Altamont wrote:
don't forget the burden of his peg leg!!

...and the fact that his major internal organs were extracted just before Gilette. read that in another thread, so yeah - it's true.
16th October 2006 03:55 PM
Soldatti IMO, it's a great version. Great Keith riffs.
16th October 2006 04:01 PM
jb I really must be picky..I mean to me, that was unmitigated crap....
16th October 2006 04:11 PM
Mel Belli If Keith learns the chord changes, it's a winner!
16th October 2006 04:12 PM
robpop
quote:
jb wrote:
I really must be picky..I mean to me, that was unmitigated crap....

That really did suck. I hope it was just a bad recording. I also hope that was some drunks singing nearby and not the actual backing singers. This song turned me on to the Stones in the eighties, while I was in JR high.
[Edited by robpop]
16th October 2006 04:13 PM
MikeyC613 Charlie is actually using only one actual drumstick, he is playing the Tom Tom pounds with the pegleg
16th October 2006 04:15 PM
luxury1 Well, the recording kinda sucks, jb. I liked the guitar parts I could hear--Mick seemed a nervous mess on it, jumping from part to part, the backups attempting to follow his lead. Charlie was bangin' hard!!

And then there is the surprise ending! I remember hearing a version of Street Fighting Man from years back, the band struggling to conclude the thing, and Mick announcing at the finis, "christ, I thought that would NEVER end." Funny stuff. Gotta love this band...
16th October 2006 04:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
Charlie is actually using only one actual drumstick, he is playing the Tom Tom pounds with the pegleg

LOL! No wonder Keith was wobbly!
16th October 2006 04:56 PM
SweetVirginia
Look at that 30-degree wind blowing their clothes.

BRRRRR....

I hope they keep it around for AC.

16th October 2006 05:00 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

16th October 2006 05:20 PM
deuce Not bad, but not great. Keith seems like he just doesn't know the song. It seems like he would have played these same licks no matter what song was being performed. As someone pointed out on IORR, it seems like the same stock Chuck Berry licks are all he has left in him anymore. Mick does seem a bit nervous and you can hear where he can't hit some of those higher notes. I'm not one to bitch a whole lot about the band, and this wasn't HORRIBLE - but it can be improved.
16th October 2006 05:31 PM
Saint Sway its cool.

I'll happily take a crappy version of them playing a rare tune like She Was Hot with out of place Chuck Berry licks than have to endure another crappy version of a war horse like Satisfaction with out of place Chuck Berry licks
16th October 2006 05:32 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Believe me....It rocked!!! That recording did not do it justice!!

The quality of recording on youtube is bad,i can´t hear it..
16th October 2006 05:36 PM
tumbling dice
but Keith was playing and weaving with Ronnie.I want to see it from the Scorcese film about the tour.
16th October 2006 05:45 PM
Saint Sway Ronnie has mastered the "Ancient art of waving"
16th October 2006 05:53 PM
Jumacfly Awful vocal performance by Mick!!
the high notes are not for him anymore..I hope they won t play Emotional Rescue in AC!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)