ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rock n' Roll lives Return to archive
14th October 2006 09:55 PM
mrhipfl It seems that a lot of people on this board think that music of today is crap, and that good rock n' roll music is dead. I'm making this thread to prove those people wrong, and I would like for all of you to join me. So let's reccommend some great bands of today in this thread, so that we can spread the music and learn of great current rock n' roll bands. To start, here's the Redwalls with "Thank you," Silvertide with, "Ain't coming home," and Outkast with "Idlewild blues."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gIJG5CWGrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKJQJ80gJVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3HmRwP8QJo
15th October 2006 07:35 AM
rollmops Agree with you. Rock and Roll is here to stay. There are thousand of unknown bands playing around the world that may not sell millions of cds but they are keeping that rock and roll thing alive. They are the essence of Rock. Everybody who doesn't understand that doesn't get what is rock and roll; a bunch of guys, a couple of chords, an attitude and something interesting to say. The massive appeal is not in the equation. It's called bussiness which is fine for the few bands who are able to make it. For me that type of recognition($$$$) is not important. Music is the heart of the matter.
Rock and roll,
Mops
15th October 2006 09:15 PM
PeerQueer Andre is a fantastic talent.

Great sense of style with considerable musical chops.

He's got a Hendrix/Prince thing going here - and that's a very good thing!

I agree, some really good music out there, though I will say it again - Dylan's band, based on the performance I saw the other night, is the tightest, smoothest band in music today. I was amazed. At times, jaw-dropping amazed, and that just don't happen!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)