ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BABS meet&greet 50K Return to archive
14th October 2006 10:56 AM
mojoman http://pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7346
14th October 2006 11:05 AM
SweetVirginia
Oh, boy. Wait 'till JB hears about this!

"Barbra Streisand has indeed offered $50,000 meet-and-greets during her 20-city tour, with the money going to charity. Streisand will provide meet-and-greets where guests get "exclusive access," a group photo and four autographed souvenirs."

14th October 2006 11:17 AM
mojoman cohl should do this with the stones!!!
15th October 2006 02:56 AM
keefjunkie cohl should eat shit!
16th October 2006 10:55 AM
jb This is really a fantastic idea..and don't blame Cohl, it goes to charity!!! I won't pay 50k to greet Babs, but in all honesty, if they offered a real meet and greet with the Stones, I would pay the 50k ...and this I am very serious about. I love Babs, but the 50k goes to paying for my sons Bar Mitzvah ...but for the Stones, it would be a dream come true and I would definitely pay it....it would be a great way for me to end this wonderful ride...
[Edited by jb]
16th October 2006 11:13 AM
Jumping Jack Cohl has reached the limit when even JB says enough is enough, LOL!!!

What do your sources say about the Beacon?

Did you order you Halloween T-shirt, the one that's a trick not a treat, the one that says:

I Wanted Beacon Tickets But All I Got Was This Fuc*ing T-shirt!
16th October 2006 11:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Cohl has reached the limit when even JB says enough is enough, LOL!!!

What do your sources say about the Beacon?

Did you order you Halloween T-shirt, the one that's a trick not a treat, the one that says:

I Wanted Beacon Tickets But All I Got Was This Fuc*ing T-shirt!

fantastic post!!!
16th October 2006 11:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
mojoman wrote:
cohl should do this with the stones!!!

Give it time. If they somehow manage another tour after this one, I bet you that he will.

You know as well as I do that on the last couple of tours there have been countless dweebs who have bought over priced special VIP fan packages under the mistaken impression that because theyve paid so much it presumably means that they'll get to meet the band too.
[Edited by Gazza]
16th October 2006 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Give it time. If they somehow manage another tour after this one, I bet you that he will.

You know as well as I do that on the last couple of tours there have been countless dweebs who have bought over priced special VIP fan packages under the mistaken impression that because theyve paid so much it presumably means that they'll get to meet the band too.
[Edited by Gazza]

The "meet and greet" diversion?
16th October 2006 11:32 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Cohl? Was he ever a pimp????
16th October 2006 11:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

The "meet and greet" diversion?

Yeah. I know people who have jumped at some of these packages because the words "VIP" and "access" are mentioned and they put two and two together and get five. They invariably end up complaining later they all they got was a laminate and a few peanuts. In fact, few of them complain publicly because they know it makes them look fucking stupid for being taken in in the first place, so theres still enough sheep who'll proudly announce "oh it was expensive but it was worth it.."

One thing Cohl seems to be a master of is spinning a promotion which is guaranteed to extract money out of the terminally stupid. Such as

1) advertising 'hot seats' for a couple of hundred dollars above the already inflated prices and which are no better than the ones beside them (but hey, you get a 'free gift' of a laminate or something)

2) advertisIng 'on stage seats' which should be called 'above stage standing' and which are little better than the behind stage seats which were the CHEAPEST tickets ($40) on the No Security tour - and you dont even get to see the opening act! And then they double/triple the prices for the next leg of the tour for those who missed out first time. Inspired!!

3) announcing that the $100 rs.com membership will give you a first shot at tickets, including $50 club shows, which they then decide not to play - so you 'settle' for using the membership (which you ONLY bought to get a chance of theatre shows) for easily available arena and stadium gigs. Plus, they have so many other pre and post sale offers for said shows to render fan club membership utterly pointless.

As far as being a huckster is concerned, PT Barnum and Colonel Tom Parker have nothing on him.
16th October 2006 12:01 PM
jb In the words of P.T. Barnum....well , you know...
[Edited by jb]
16th October 2006 12:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >As far as being a huckster is concerned, PT Barnum and Colonel Tom Parker have nothing on him.<

He may be a huckster. But he's our huckster.

16th October 2006 12:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
In the words of P.T. Barnum....well , you know...

yeah..."it's only rock 'n' roll...." or somethin' like that...LMAO
16th October 2006 12:35 PM
Saint Sway Excellent points Gazza.

Please add:

4) Legacy membership. Hitting fans up for another $100 with zero benefit. Priceless.

5) Travel packages. Worst than "Hot Seats". The mark ups on these are criminal. But I'm sure the laminates are sweet

quote:
Gazza wrote:
One thing Cohl seems to be a master of is spinning a promotion which is guaranteed to extract money out of the terminally stupid. Such as

1) advertising 'hot seats' for a couple of hundred dollars above the already inflated prices and which are no better than the ones beside them (but hey, you get a 'free gift' of a laminate or something)

2) advertisIng 'on stage seats' which should be called 'above stage standing' and which are little better than the behind stage seats which were the CHEAPEST tickets ($40) on the No Security tour - and you dont even get to see the opening act! And then they double/triple the prices for the next leg of the tour for those who missed out first time. Inspired!!

3) announcing that the $100 rs.com membership will give you a first shot at tickets, including $50 club shows, which they then decide not to play - so you 'settle' for using the membership (which you ONLY bought to get a chance of theatre shows) for easily available arena and stadium gigs. Plus, they have so many other pre and post sale offers for said shows to render fan club membership utterly pointless.

As far as being a huckster is concerned, PT Barnum and Colonel Tom Parker have nothing on him.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)