ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dig The Who (nsc) Return to archive
12th October 2006 08:29 PM
Brainbell Jangler I caught The Who here in Portland a couple of nights ago. The best last-minute decision I've made in years. I called a ticket broker friend at 5:30 p.m. and got a $202 seat for $100. Stage right, sixth row of lowest stands, parallel to seventh row on floor. A fantastic show. You should definitely catch them if you get the chance. The perfect warm-up for next week's Seattle Stones show.

12th October 2006 09:41 PM
deuce How did Daltrey sound?
12th October 2006 10:26 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
deuce wrote:
How did Daltrey sound?

His voice is incredibly strong.
13th October 2006 04:58 PM
glencar He must be taking steroids now...
13th October 2006 05:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I caught The Who here in Portland a couple of nights ago. The best last-minute decision I've made in years. I called a ticket broker friend at 5:30 p.m. and got a $202 seat for $100. Stage right, sixth row of lowest stands, parallel to seventh row on floor. A fantastic show. You should definitely catch them if you get the chance. The perfect warm-up for next week's Seattle Stones show.

Brainbell ...........................

I was in Portland , OR this past August for my sister's wedding .

Our family stayed at the DoubleTree overlooking the Downtown Skyline and the Rose Garden Arena was just a few blocks away on OUR side of the River ( looks like it has some mileage on it but WTF ...... ) .

Anyway , the first thing I thought of when I first noticed the arena was , " that is where THE WHO will be performing this October " !!!!

True Statement .

By the way , that restaurant " Jakes " on 12th Street is friggin fantastic ( BEST SEAFOOD ANYWHERE ...ANYWAY .... ANYHOW ..... )

Kins

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
15th October 2006 02:40 AM
Brainbell Jangler Joey,
I'm glad you got to eat at Jake's. That's the first place I take out of town guests. The Who show was outstanding. The last time I saw them was Tacoma, August 16, 1989: 20th anniversary of their Woodstock performance, full moon, full lunar eclipse at 8 p.m. (scheduled concert time). I was in the third row in front of Pete. That was the night he spiked his had on the whammy bar and bled all over his Strat.
15th October 2006 03:44 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Saw 'em in Chicago and they were awesome. Bought a ticket for Columbus Dec. 11 before I left for the Stones show in Louisville on Sept 29. Looking forward to seeing them again.
15th October 2006 08:36 PM
Joey
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Joey,
I'm glad you got to eat at Jake's. That's the first place I take out of town guests. The Who show was outstanding. The last time I saw them was Tacoma, August 16, 1989: 20th anniversary of their Woodstock performance, full moon, full lunar eclipse at 8 p.m. (scheduled concert time). I was in the third row in front of Pete. That was the night he spiked his had on the whammy bar and bled all over his Strat.

Cardinal Fang gave me a VHS copy of that concert --- Luckily , Pete's accident did not damage any tendons in his hand .

It is tough to watch that tape because you know when the accident is going to happen and it is frightful ( scary almost ) ....... Shiver .......

" Won't get fooled again Ronnie "

Joey
16th October 2006 10:53 AM
nankerphelge Speaking of scary...

Joey???

16th October 2006 11:01 AM
Fiji Joe There are better things to spend your money on than a Who concert

16th October 2006 12:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
There are better things to spend your money on than a Who concert

Oh ..... , OH !!!! ... Oh , Little Fiji ..... Lil' Fiji ..................*** ( Fade to White -- Like an Angel ) ****

16th October 2006 12:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
There are better things to spend your money on than a Who concert

antiquing?
16th October 2006 01:07 PM
MrPleasant http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/39009/Interview_Interview_Pete_Townshend
16th October 2006 01:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

antiquing?

FUNNY !!!!!!
16th October 2006 02:16 PM
Jaxx so, should i take my hubby for his birthday? his b-day is the day of the denver show. is it worth 120 bucks a ticket?

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
antiquing?

hell YEAH. i just picked up an antique tea caddy for 340 bucks.....

[Edited by Jaxx]
16th October 2006 02:50 PM
Joey " i just picked up an antique tea caddy for 340 bucks....."

******** ... ? ... *********

Why ?!

WHY ?!?!

16th October 2006 03:01 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Joey wrote:
" i just picked up an antique tea caddy for 340 bucks....."
******** ... ? ... *********
Why ?!

WHY ?!?!

its round, its mahogany. its got a serving tray on top. i'm using it as a LIQUOR CABINET. no lie.
16th October 2006 03:02 PM
Joey " its round, its mahogany. its got a serving tray on top. i'm using it as a LIQUOR CABINET. no lie. "

I Like THAT !!!!!!!!

Enjoy :

16th October 2006 04:10 PM
mojoman i wonder if the rumoured november 29th madison square garden show is going to happen at this point?
16th October 2006 04:19 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
i wonder if the rumoured november 29th madison square garden show is going to happen at this point?

Nine !

Ninea .....................

Ninea Shae
16th October 2006 04:23 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nine !

Ninea .....................

Ninea Shae

nein? just checked ticketmasta a date for harbour yards in bridgeport connecticut has been added for november 28. can't do that its too far. oh well.
16th October 2006 06:17 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:

nein? just checked ticketmasta a date for harbour yards in bridgeport connecticut has been added for november 28. can't do that its too far. oh well.

Cool !!!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!

BEST WHO YET !!!!!

Yeesss
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)