ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones vs. Bon Jovi Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th October 2006 03:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ROLLING STONES BATTLE BON JOVI FOR BILLBOARD TOURING AWARDS

The ROLLING STONES and BON JOVI will battle it out as finalists for the 2006 Billboard Touring Awards. MADONNA's CONFESSIONS tour will vie with the Stones' BIGGER BANG and Bon Jovi's HAVE A NICE DAY tours for the top tour and top draw, which honours the top-grossing tour and the top ticket-selling tour, respectively. In other categories, NICKELBACK, BRAD PAISLEY and SHAKIRA will compete for breakthrough act. LARRY THE CABLE GUY, JERRY SEINFELD and RON WHITE are up for top comedy tour. Winners will be announced 9 November (06).
12/10/2006 19:52
contactmusic

12th October 2006 03:32 PM
jb Sad....if they take totals , we win hands down;if just summer, we lose. The fact BJ is even in the same league is a true indication rock, is in fact, dead.
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]
12th October 2006 03:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Sad....if they tack totals , we win hands down;if just summer, we lose. The fact BJ is even in the same league is a true indication rock, is in fact, dead.
[Edited by jb]

that is true yet funny.
12th October 2006 03:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
The fact BJ is even in the same league is a true indication rock, is in fact, dead.

Well, not exactly. Bon Jovi cannot possibly be in the same league...different fan base for one thing....plus a myriad of other variables.
12th October 2006 06:21 PM
Gazza I've never defended high Stones ticket prices until now, but if THIS is what it takes......
12th October 2006 06:26 PM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:
Sad....if they take totals , we win hands down;if just summer, we lose. The fact BJ is even in the same league is a true indication rock, is in fact, dead.
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]

well said JB
12th October 2006 06:31 PM
BONOISLOVE GIVE ME A "B"!!!!
GIVE ME AN "O"!!!!
GIVE ME AN "N"!!!!

GIVE ME AN "O"!!!!!!!!!!!

12th October 2006 06:31 PM
Saint Sway thankfully, theres only a few battles we could never beat Bon Jovi at...

• chest hair competitions

• big hair

• fan base percentage of Jersey Mall Rats
12th October 2006 06:35 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thankfully, theres only a few battles we could never beat Bon Jovi at...

• chest hair competitions

12th October 2006 06:38 PM
mojoman
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, not exactly. Bon Jovi cannot possibly be in the same league...different fan base for one thing....plus a myriad of other variables.

the stones to JB(john bongiovi), walter cronkite to katie couric, pavoratti to bocelli, errol flynn to orlando bloom, stalin to kim jon il, cold war to war on terror?
12th October 2006 09:04 PM
WJ
quote:
Dan wrote:

No..........just no.
12th October 2006 09:23 PM
Soldatti Bon Jovi almost outsold the Stones in Europe this year.
13th October 2006 10:21 AM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Bon Jovi almost outsold the Stones in Europe this year.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why BJ is so hot again....maybe people are desperate for anything that even remotely resemble rock.
13th October 2006 10:24 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Dan wrote:

Wow! Now that's old school. Paul bringing back the hairy chest, I knew if I held out it would all come around again.
13th October 2006 10:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why BJ is so hot again....maybe people are desperate for anything that even remotely resemble rock.

1) because their ticket prices are affordable and theyre comparatively fan-friendly and radio-friendly
2) because the general public wouldnt know good music if it jumped up and bit them in the sphincter
13th October 2006 10:30 AM
corgi37
13th October 2006 10:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BLUNT: 'I WANT TO BECOME MORE IRRITATING'

JAMES BLUNT has vowed to become even more annoying so he can score higher on an unusual British opinion poll. The YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL singer has suffered a backlash of criticism in the wake of the success of his debut album BACK TO BEDLAM, which has sold more than 10 million copies worldwide. He was recently voted fourth in a poll of the Most Irritating Things in Britain, above everyday annoyances like noisy neighbours and traffic wardens, but he insists he can improve on this placing next year (07). He says, "When I heard about the poll I was devastated because I just thought fourth was really unfair. "Who on earth beat me? I thought I should have been number one. Next year I'm going to do better than that - I'm going to go for at least top three."

13/10/2006 12:43

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th October 2006 10:37 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Sad....if they take totals , we win hands down;if just summer, we lose. The fact BJ is even in the same league is a true indication rock, is in fact, dead.
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]

we are all very emotional due to Keith at this time, this thread should be deleted and forgotten as it may prove too much for some of us to handle!
13th October 2006 10:42 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
the stroke thread should be deleted and forgotten as it may prove too much for some of us to handle!

amen
13th October 2006 01:08 PM
mmdog
According to USA Today, The Stones have already won both awards. Will they show up?

http://blogs.usatoday.com/listenup/2006/10/handicapping_th.html#more
13th October 2006 02:53 PM
jb
quote:
mmdog wrote:

According to USA Today, The Stones have already won both awards. Will they show up?

http://blogs.usatoday.com/listenup/2006/10/handicapping_th.html#more

Projections look favorable, but you know they want Blowjovi and Munchdonna to win.
13th October 2006 02:55 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Projections look favorable, but you know they want Blowjovi and Munchdonna to win.

Iron Balls McGinty?
13th October 2006 03:58 PM
Soldatti
quote:
mmdog wrote:

I doubt it.
13th October 2006 04:04 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Wow! Now that's old school. Paul bringing back the hairy chest, I knew if I held out it would all come around again.

F the boxers, I am going back to the bikini briefs and throwing out the clippers. Woohoo!
13th October 2006 11:36 PM
WJ
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

F the boxers, I am going back to the bikini briefs and throwing out the clippers. Woohoo!

Looks like he's a teal colored thong wearing Sasquatch.

Please stick with the boxers and don't throw out the clippers!

14th October 2006 02:29 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
WJ wrote:

Looks like he's a teal colored thong wearing Sasquatch.

Please stick with the boxers and don't throw out the clippers!

Your right. I am glad I slept on it. I guess I just got a little carried away it being Friday and all.
14th October 2006 03:26 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
BLUNT: 'I WANT TO BECOME MORE IRRITATING'

JAMES BLUNT has vowed to become even more annoying so he can score higher on an unusual British opinion poll. The YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL singer has suffered a backlash of criticism in the wake of the success of his debut album BACK TO BEDLAM, which has sold more than 10 million copies worldwide. He was recently voted fourth in a poll of the Most Irritating Things in Britain, above everyday annoyances like noisy neighbours and traffic wardens, but he insists he can improve on this placing next year (07). He says, "When I heard about the poll I was devastated because I just thought fourth was really unfair. "Who on earth beat me? I thought I should have been number one. Next year I'm going to do better than that - I'm going to go for at least top three."

13/10/2006 12:43

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

This actually makes me like the guy....

For you Gazza - with luv:

14th October 2006 03:28 PM
not bound to please
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we are all very emotional due to Keith at this time, this thread should be deleted and forgotten as it may prove too much for some of us to handle!

Puggy - you have been witch hunted, only because of your deep love and concern.

He's drinking too much, and a few other things. End stage. And it was fucking cold out.

14th October 2006 07:12 PM
Gazza Thank you so much for that photo. I am truly moist with excitement.

Wasnt this the same guy who complained a while back that he never gets the respect that he deserves because those nasty journalists always prefere to take photos of him with his shirt off instead of discussing his music?

Guess they caught him unawares with that one, too.

14th October 2006 07:34 PM
glencar
quote:
mojoman wrote:

the stones to JB(john bongiovi), walter cronkite to katie couric, pavoratti to bocelli, errol flynn to orlando bloom, stalin to kim jon il, cold war to war on terror?

You remind me of Belushi in Animal House!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)