ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pics From My Bar Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
7th October 2006 12:26 PM
SweetVirginia

Oh, yes. This has definitely become RSUSA's longest thread ever.

7th October 2006 04:57 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't give a flyin' fuck what the rest of you pour down yer stinkin' necks. I live on the other side of the world from Oregon. So who fuckin' cares, you know?

I live the High Life. I like it. It goes good with Jack Daniels. I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks about it.

What...I suppose Jack Daniels ain't good enuff for you either? You gonna start posting labels of some pansy-assed designer whiskey company?

Sir Knight,
No one is denying you the right to drink crappy factory beer if that's all you think you deserve. But the suggestion that full-bodied, hoppy, high alcohol content craft brews are "pansy-assed" and that watered-down, piss-colored low alcohol soda pop is manly is curious. Bubbly indeed. Jack is fine for what it is, but Balvenie Double Wood it isn't. And here's that label you were hoping for.
8th October 2006 10:25 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Sir Knight,
No one is denying you the right to drink crappy factory beer if that's all you think you deserve. But the suggestion that full-bodied, hoppy, high alcohol content craft brews are "pansy-assed" and that watered-down, piss-colored low alcohol soda pop is manly is curious. Bubbly indeed. Jack is fine for what it is, but Balvenie Double Wood it isn't. And here's that label you were hoping for.

I will keep an eye out for this.
8th October 2006 11:09 AM
nankerphelge Don't know what it is, but I cannot stomach Scotch.
Acquired taste -- namely, acquired from vomit.
That aftertaste always gets me - someone else has already drank and returned it!

Yet, Irish whiskey, Canadian whiskey, even Bourbon, I can enjoy.

Tired on people telling me.."oh, you had some from the highlands, you need to try some from the lowlands" or vice versa.

No, what I need is a drink that doesn't taste like puke!

That's what I need.

And I like Miller when it's time to drink some beers!
All that heavier stuff makes one full.
Except Newcastles -- they're different!

8th October 2006 11:55 AM
Dan I had some Mirror Pond last night. It was okay. I like Sierra Nevada better.
8th October 2006 11:57 AM
MrPleasant I drink every brand of scotch. So I guess it's okay to make funny faces because of the taste, since I don't go to bars.
8th October 2006 01:45 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Dan wrote:
I had some Mirror Pond last night. It was okay. I like Sierra Nevada better.

The Bridgeport is better than the Mirror Pond, but I couldn't get one of their labels to post.
8th October 2006 04:51 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Except Newcastles -- they're different!

You are much loved by Joey .
8th October 2006 05:45 PM
Bloozehound If I have to drink shitty Miller beer I'll take the 'Beast or MGD over Highlife anyday
9th October 2006 10:08 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are much loved by Joey .

How was the pub? Jagger Bombs? Heard they're for girls.
9th October 2006 10:28 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Some Guy .......

The Brazen Head absolutely ROCKED Friday Evening ( .. and Saturday Night after the Nebraska Victory ) .

" Acoustic Groove " has a brand new keyboard player who is excellent and opens up a lot of new tunes for the band ( " Walking in Memphis " , etc ..... ) .

Plus , Keith Moon showed up a bit early ( 10:30 PM CST ) and started ordering shots of " Liquid Cocaine " for everyone around the bar . MAN , can that guy drink .

W- W- W- What ?! ..... Oh , sure ! :

Nanky ?!

9th October 2006 10:40 AM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

9th October 2006 10:55 AM
Some Guy what is " Liquid Cocaine " ?
9th October 2006 12:47 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
what is " Liquid Cocaine " ?

A runny nose of course!
9th October 2006 01:02 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
what is " Liquid Cocaine " ?

It's an energy drink:

9th October 2006 01:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

It's an energy drink:

At least it's not a Jagger Bomb, that drink should come with lipstick and some blush.
9th October 2006 01:37 PM
Joey " At least it's not a Jagger Bomb, that drink should come with lipstick and some blush. "

9th October 2006 01:39 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" At least it's not a Jagger Bomb, that drink should come with lipstick and some blush. "

9th October 2006 01:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot Miller High Life...$13.25/case.

Other stuff...more. Sometimes a LOT more.

$10.00 saved = a new CD.

$10.00 saved = gas for a week.

$10.00 saved = Ticket to see Ian McLagan @ North Star Bar

$10.00 saved = another case of beer

Very simple economics. I COULD drink other beers if I was so inclined. But I choose to maximize my leisure dollar for the maximum of leisure time activity. So why spend upwards of $40.00 a case when I can get just as good a buzz and enjoy myself every bit as much for $13.25?

I like High Life. It's cheap and it tastes good. It goes good with whiskey. I can drink a lot of it. And I value that.

I don't need all that posh designer label shit that cost 3 or 4 times more a case or fifth....wasted money, IMO.

I'm a simple man. This works for me, and nothing anyone can say will sway me from that.

9th October 2006 01:55 PM
Joey
" I'm a simple man. This works for me, and nothing anyone can say will sway me from that."

14th October 2006 02:19 PM
deuce RollingStonesUSA has been spotted over at IORR.
[Edited by deuce]
14th October 2006 03:41 PM
not bound to please
quote:
deuce wrote:
RollingStonesUSA has been spotted over at IORR.
[Edited by deuce]

This thread is still going?

14th October 2006 03:55 PM
Bloozehound You must warn the good people of IORR that RollingStones USA is a fraud, a phony, a huckster, a flim flam, a hoser and worse of all -- an alice cooper freak

He must be stopped
14th October 2006 03:56 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

This thread is still going?

Speaking of going ...................

I have been ' going ' all damn day long and I am now beginning to shit blood .

Lambchop ...... please ... allow me whilst I's UNCAKES meself .
14th October 2006 06:09 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:

Speaking of going ...................

I have been ' going ' all damn day long and I am now beginning to shit blood .

Lambchop ...... please ... allow me whilst I's UNCAKES meself .

Pretty gross.
14th October 2006 06:16 PM
pdog I looked for RS USA at the lost childrens area at Disney, he was not there!
14th October 2006 06:42 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:
I looked for RS USA at the lost childrens area at Disney, he was not there!

Disney gives me the creeps.
14th October 2006 06:56 PM
Bloozehound rip the great freddy fender

14th October 2006 07:23 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
I looked for RS USA at the lost childrens area at Disney, he was not there!

I hope you fucking enjoyed fucking Dizkneeland. You missed She Was Hot and President George W. Bush entering our Hilton & 2 nights spent carousing with some fine, fun people. Did you blow Capt. Hook?
16th October 2006 04:44 AM
jostorm I really don't know exactly what this is all about, but I have to say that hounding RSUSA isn't a very nice thing to do. Well, perhaps you're simply not as nice a bunch as I'd thought, fair enough...

I feel extremely priviledged at never having been to a war zone (partly geographical luck, partly the fact I possess a pair of ovaries), but I imagine it is the worst of the worst.

So, here we have this war veteran,that has stuck his neck out in our great war on the axis of evil. At first you all welcome him into your fold, and it's high-fives all around, then you catch him outright making things up, so then you hound him.

Have you ever stopped and thought that perhaps a lot of people's stuff on the net is totally made up? I know that I don't make stuff up, but who is to say who is and who isn't? And ever thought what a shit life being a soldier must be??? So, he digs the Stones and comes here and seems a really nice bloke. Perhaps he has post-traumatic-stress-syndrome or something, or his life sucks a big one, and he makes up for it by creating an altered reality as a form of escape.

What I'm trying to say is this: you could be a bit kinder and more forgiving. Show some compassion, people! After all, that's the one feeling that differentiates us from animals! Are you going to hound him over on IORR, too???? Have you got nothing better to do with your lives???
[Edited by jostorm]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)