ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 6 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
20th September 2006 11:59 PM
Sophia Graves
sigh sigh sigh...i love brian. oh, how i love him.. his smiling is priceless, unique and cheering me up, always..even though when it makes me sad at the same time because he was taken away from us so early.
21st September 2006 02:08 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

a degree of murder (mord und totschlag) - the lost brian jones solo album?

Yes, I've read just about all of the quotes. Thanks for posting the link. I have heard the soundtrack for Degree of Murder and to put it bluntly... I thought it was horrible, but we all have different taste. Have you heard it? I think Jimmy Page helped him with it. Keith was much kinder, saying that it was very good for his first effort. But to be fair that is all I have heard. He did in essence write the instruments into the songs but it was Keith and Mick's lyrics which who, in my opinion, are brilliant songwriters and without their guidance
21st September 2006 02:39 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

Yes, I've read just about all of the quotes. Thanks for posting the link. I have heard the soundtrack for Degree of Murder and to put it bluntly... I thought it was horrible, but we all have different taste. Have you heard it? I think Jimmy Page helped him with it. Keith was much kinder, saying that it was very good for his first effort. But to be fair that is all I have heard. He did in essence write the instruments into the songs but it was Keith and Mick's lyrics which who, in my opinion, are brilliant songwriters and without their guidance

i sadly have just heard a bit of it.. did you hear the whole soundtrack? do you have it maybe? i am searching around since ages to get a whole piece of this!
i know keith and mick are good song writers.. and i would never say anything against it. i think each of the members of the stones is fabulous and wonderful in their own way.
but all i know is (from several witnesses back then) that it happened alot of times that they just would shut his microphone down if brian was about to play guitar or sing background vocals. plus that brian had loads of ideas to bring in and keith and mick would just drag him down laughing at him and not even wanting to give it a listen. i think that is the reason brian havent had the strength and believe in hisself anymore when it was about writing music or lyrics..so it is no wonder that it happened several times that brian at home tore all his tapes of his own recordings into thousand pieces when he was desperated. what he needed was alot of attention, love and help in processing and getting better in writing music.
brian was a genius in learning how to play instruments..there was his power. i think he was sort of an pythagoras in understanding instruments perfectly..but pulling arrangements out of these instruments i think he needed help with. i think the whole thing was just not fair and i feel deeply sorry for him and its hurting in my inside to think of it.
but yeah, we all know music is a shit- and asshole-business..thats a fact. stuff like that happens anywhere. next example ian stewart...within the same band. oh man.
i love all of them very veery much and i am thankful this band ever existed and thankful for all the music they have done... but brian..brian is my hero i adored since i was little..because no one else in his band would be able to play such wonderful instruments as dulcimer, sitar, and so on.. plus his distinctive harmonica playing and slide guitar!
it was just always my dream to play my instruments as good as he did and to be able to command instruments as he did.
[Edited by Sophia Graves]
21st September 2006 03:00 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

but brian..brian is my hero i adored since i was little..because no one else in his band would be able to play such wonderful instruments as dulcimer, sitar, and so on.. plus his distinctive harmonica playing and slide guitar!
it was just always my dream to play my instruments as good as he did and to be able to command instruments as he did.

Not to mention he set a certain fashion style. He was a very brilliant man and I will always remember him. It's very late here so I must go rest. I appreciate everything that you wrote and I agree with you that the music business is a wretched bitch.
21st September 2006 03:04 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

Not to mention he set a certain fashion style. He was a very brilliant man and I will always remember him. It's very late here so I must go rest. I appreciate everything that you wrote and I agree with you that the music business is a wretched bitch.

oh yes!! he was... i prefer to say "he is"...it sounds so much better for me hes still here.
he is also my role model when its about fashion.. it happens to me alot that people just say i look like him or i could be his sister.. i dont know..i wouldnt say that, but its true that i love his sense of fashion and that i try my best to dress as good as he did.

was nice talking to you! and its really cool someone else came and threw some words in this thread! keep it alive and come back soon! sleep well and do not forget to wake up...
21st September 2006 03:08 AM
Sophia Graves
21st September 2006 12:38 PM
GhostofBrianJones Yes I agree with you Sophia with everything you said about Brian. The hero
part and the rest. It is hard for me to look at his resting place and any pictures
or videos of his funeral. I just cannot do it anymore. It disturbs me very much.
Call me whatever but I cannot help it, right now. It just gets too much for the
most part. Thanks to all who understand this and support this thread.

LOVE YOU S&K

Love ya too Sophia!!
21st September 2006 03:34 PM
stewed & Keefed
21st September 2006 08:26 PM
GhostofBrianJones Well I got my Rolling Stone book today the one by Bent Rej, like Voodoo has.
I scanned as many pictures as I could. That darn book is HUGE!! I mean
maybe 14 inches by 12 inches as least. I have some more to scan and it took
almost 3 hours to do it. Of course I will give Mr Rej total credit that is if I can
get them fixed up first. I hope I can do a decent job of straightening them up
and making them look presentable. That picture of BJ and Anita is the ONLY
one in there. There are a lot of pictures of Shirley Watts and she was and still
is very beautiful.

Love You S&K

Love to you Sophia!!!
21st September 2006 10:10 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Yes I agree with you Sophia with everything you said about Brian. The hero
part and the rest. It is hard for me to look at his resting place and any pictures
or videos of his funeral. I just cannot do it anymore. It disturbs me very much.
Call me whatever but I cannot help it, right now. It just gets too much for the
most part. Thanks to all who understand this and support this thread.

LOVE YOU S&K

Love ya too Sophia!!

i understand what you mean.. and i agree with you.. for me its the same. a funeral is a horrible thing anyway.. so i think everyone should calm down regarding that. on other hand i sometimes think maybe its also good to show it..so people maybe start to think what went wrong and start to see it the same way as you and i do.
its okey for me to see the grave..as i think its one of the most "beautiful" ones i have seen.. very simple and not as dark and depressing as usually graves are.
i for myself havent been at the funerals of two of my friends because i couldnt take it.. its too hard.
i barely go and visit their rasting places because this i cant even take..it is a too surreal thing for me..

love ya linda and s&k.
you both are wonderful!

ps. linda, PM for you!

21st September 2006 10:12 PM
Sophia Graves
21st September 2006 11:17 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

was nice talking to you! and its really cool someone else came and threw some words in this thread! keep it alive and come back soon! sleep well and do not forget to wake up...

Oh! Thank you Sophia, for your warm welcome. This is sometimes rare to find on the internet and I end up feeling like the guy in left field (whatever that is suppose to mean.) but I think you know what I mean. Funerals are very hard, believe me, I know. I tend to divorce myself from my body and just carry on that way but in the end it's very painful, but one can get through it. Just another part of life that sucks.

PS Linda, I'm glad you got the book. Excellent photography.
21st September 2006 11:32 PM
GhostofBrianJones When my Mom passed at the age of 90 in September 2003 I could not go to
the cemetary. I could not even look at her in the casket. I could not go with
the limo over there when they buried her. It was just too much for me and I
would have totally lost it. I remember seeing my Mom lying in her bed at the
nursing home unconscious, knowing within hours she would be gone. But I
decided to just remember her when she was alive the day before. She had ALL
her faculties up until that day. I saw my Dad in his casket cos Mom wanted me
to come with her and that was it. Never again. She was hysterical and crying
her eyes out. They were married for over 60 years and were very very seldom
if ever apart.

In this book there is a picture of Brian in his tighty whities and a sweater
with the other band members and another band. He is the ONLY one is his
underwear. It is so darn funny!! I Photoshopped this the pictures this evening
and I will upload them tomorrow sometime.

Love always to S&K!!

And love to Sophia and all other Brian Lovers. Thank You for your support
and pictures.
22nd September 2006 12:05 AM
GhostofBrianJones Sophia PM for you.
22nd September 2006 12:08 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
ComeAsYouAre wrote:

Oh! Thank you Sophia, for your warm welcome. This is sometimes rare to find on the internet and I end up feeling like the guy in left field (whatever that is suppose to mean.) but I think you know what I mean. Funerals are very hard, believe me, I know. I tend to divorce myself from my body and just carry on that way but in the end it's very painful, but one can get through it. Just another part of life that sucks.

PS Linda, I'm glad you got the book. Excellent photography.

yes, i experienced funerals before the ones i refused to go.. i remember my first one was so horrible...because i didnt knew what will come up to me and what to expect. i remember that i was crying so much i could have got drown in my own tears.. but i can tell you it was not as much because of the one who died more because of the funeral. i think i really was shocked. i almost fell in the grave when i threw a flower down on the coffin cuz i couldnt handle myself..people had to hold me strong.
thats the point.. i think people make it more tragic without noticing it. and i wonder why the dickens the mourners have to decorate and choose the equipment so dull, depressive and dark!? do they all want to swim in their dolour for ages? they have to see the rasting place for so long and if i would be them i couldnt take care of the grave then because it would drag me down each time i go there.
the resting place of my best friend is very lovely sophisticated. his parents first gave him a anonymus grave cuz they couldnt handle all that.. later the mom wanted a place just for him and did move it. and now the new grave really just reminds to a flowerish colourful life.. there are real rose bushes growing around it..and the whole resting place just really reflects my friend. i am thankful for that. i think now the worst thing for me going there is just the whole cemetary..where tons of other graves you are forced to see and you even accidently crash into others funerals.

comeasyouare.. i know what you mean
people on the internet are weird..a friend ones said "internet is for creepos". hahaha.
you are always welcome here.. we on this thread are total individuals compared to the rest of the creepoworld. haha.
22nd September 2006 12:11 AM
Sophia Graves i made something nice:

22nd September 2006 01:47 PM
stewed & Keefed
22nd September 2006 03:31 PM
Sophia Graves
23rd September 2006 03:12 AM
goldbeere Brian Jones

Here´s a gift for all Brian fans. I created this with Paint Shop Pro and it has the size of a wallpaper.
23rd September 2006 05:57 AM
stewed & Keefed
23rd September 2006 07:29 AM
stewed & Keefed
23rd September 2006 10:08 AM
Sophia Graves
23rd September 2006 12:30 PM
GhostofBrianJones Hi to all! Beautiful picture Goldbeere of Brian, outstanding job, that is very
beautiful, and I love it!!

Great pictures as always S&K!! LOVE YOU!!

Hi Sophia, see you are doing well, thanks for the pictures everyone, are we
HOT or What!!?? We is HOT, with our badselfs.
24th September 2006 08:01 AM
Sophia Graves
24th September 2006 08:28 AM
stewed & Keefed Thanks Linda, love you

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
24th September 2006 01:10 PM
Olivia1962 Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
24th September 2006 01:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Welcome Olvia, what a great first post here! Thanks so much!
24th September 2006 01:37 PM
stewed & Keefed Welcome Olvia
24th September 2006 01:55 PM
Olivia1962 Thanks Sorry some of the pictures are big

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
24th September 2006 02:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Welcome Olvia

LOL we both wrote it wrong "Olvia" inestead of Olivia, anyway welcome Olivia
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)