ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A kiss to the all the nice girls at Rocks Off who make this place so special!
By William Coupon from the "40x20 Exhibition" now on tour...

This header is dedicated to Pammy Mammy!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones sold 350.000 copies in 2 weeks in UK Return to archive
10-14-02 09:29 PM
Soldatti The Stones sold 352.000 copies in the first two weeks on England. This is their most fast selling album in their history. The sales worldwide pass the 3 millions mark in two weeks.

Look at Dotmusic and the album is platinum
10-14-02 09:36 PM
Mr T shit - still can't believe I don't have mine yet, damn I need cash
10-14-02 10:09 PM
full moon EXCELLENT news!!!!!!
10-15-02 02:17 AM
marcus aurelianus EXCELLENT ... Thank you Soldati .
10-15-02 02:33 AM
marko God damn,its about time!!
10-15-02 06:07 AM
Scot Rocks Cool, good news. Maybe more dates in the UK next year now!!!!!!!!!

...developing........!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mark
10-15-02 09:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man We need more dates. Its a bloody outrage that we dont get more dates! On the 1990 Urban Jungle Tour they played Maine Road and St James Park as well as all the usual places. But maybe we shouldnt knock it too much. They are playing Wales this time. LOL Its great they are playing Ireland too! It may be hard to fit into their busy tour schedule but they could easily play the following...

Earls Court x 5
Shepards Bush
Brixton Acadamy
Old Trafford (Home Of The Kings!)
St James Park
Don Valley Stadium (Sheffield)
Villa Park
Hampden Park x 2 shows
Aberdeen
maybe a scottish club? (could be a secret gig)
Millenium Stadium x2 shows
Slane Castle

Thats 17 dates. A bit better!

Alex
10-15-02 10:30 AM
jb HTM, if I recall, last shefffield field show sold poorly..only about 46,000..yet Def Leopard had over 50,000 when they last played!!! Please explain..
10-15-02 03:09 PM
Harrylime Sheffield,England's steel city,is Def Leopard's hometown.
10-15-02 03:22 PM
Moonisup sorry HTM no fans to attend that much shows I feel sorry for you!!

maybe Hyde park?
10-15-02 03:36 PM
jb Def Leopard is reverd in Sheffield...they are much more popular in England and Scotland than the Stones...
10-15-02 03:46 PM
Joey " The Stones sold 352.000 copies of Licks in the first two weeks in England . "

The Stones sold seventeen copies of Dirty Work in the first decade in England .

Word to Your Mother !

10-15-02 05:37 PM
Mickjagger1963 How come England didnt/dosent treat the Stones like they do/did the Beatles ? The beatles r still huge there, especially in liverpool, but arent the Stones bigger here and the rest of Europe rather than England?
10-15-02 05:48 PM
Harrylime It's ridiculous to suggest that Def leopard are more popular in blighty than the stones,and not really worthy of a reply,so I'll stop right here..The stones are big here,Mick'keef are regularly and lovingly parodied on tv and radio.One tv sketch had them running a cornershop.Jagger's face is always staring down at you from the cover of some "fly-by-night" glossy mag.
10-15-02 06:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man Thats a great programe!

The Stones are liked and loved in England. We just maybe dont treasure the old bands like you do in America. Most Stones fans in the UK are i suppose of a certain age. Id say Josh's age and over. LOL

I think if the Stones played more shows over here they would sell quite well. It makes alot of sense playing so many shows in the US. They used to play that many shows in England at one time.

We like the Stones and they have had good reviews over here concerning this tour. Some people on these boards take offense to us limeys calling our unsung heroes "Wrinkly Rockers" Well, erhhum, they are!

Alex

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
10-15-02 07:21 PM
Soldatti Joey wrote:
"The Stones sold seventeen copies of Dirty Work in the first decade in England."

Everybody speak trash about this album and everybody said what sold poorly.

In USA peak at #4 on Billboard Hot 200, Spend 34 weeks on the chart and sold 1.500.000 copies.

In UK peak at #4, Spend 13 weeks on the Top 75 and sold 200.000 copies to date.

10-16-02 08:03 AM
Chico Thats a bit optimistic HTM.Aberdeen? Boy would I love to see that.Couple nights at the AECC.10 000 each night, no problems.People would go and see that otherwise wouldnt if they only play Cardiff and London.That can only be good.Fuck it!Might as well stick in Fraserburgh as well, or Belger or ma hoose
10-16-02 09:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man LOL, Im not sure why i said Aberdeen! Is Hampden Park in Glasgow or Edinborough? I was not sure.

Alex
10-16-02 11:00 AM
Scot Rocks It's in Glasgow, though Celtic Park is the biggest stadium venue with around 61,000 seats and the best views. Hampden has around 52,000 and Ibrox has 50,000. However with both Celtic Park and Ibrox been used for the football season in that time Hampden could be more of a possibilty. Yet I think Murrayfield (the rugby stadium) in Edinburgh is more likely, after they went there before, i think it holds around 67,000 seats. Arenas in Scotland, well the SECC in Glasgow maybe would be the best bet, however I doubt if we will even get an arena here.

Mark
10-16-02 11:32 AM
jb Is'nt Cliff Richards(Sir) , next to the Beatles, considered England's greatest treasure?
10-16-02 01:34 PM
Joey " Is'nt Cliff Richards(Sir) , next to the Beatles, considered England's greatest treasure? "

I have heard that too my Dirty Martini drinking , Persian lineage descending , Miami living , sun bathing , egg roll rolling , well educated - ing , like me at first sight of Bill Clinton ejaculating , Al Gore for 2004 - ing , Jeb Bush dealing , Janet Reno saying goodbye - ing , Denver in February missing pal .

The Wall Was Just Warmed Over Arthur

Joe .....................................Fly

JoeFly

Bunny

10-16-02 01:40 PM
Moonisup I don't get Cliff richard, everybody knows he's gay (I have nothing against that), only he doesn't know!!
10-16-02 01:43 PM
Joey " I don't get Cliff richard, everybody knows he's gay (I have nothing against that), only he doesn't know!! "

Did he graduate from here ???????????? :

www.HoweMilitary.com

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right out of the Park !!!!!!

" He is walking the bases with his head held high Ronnie "

J. Diddy Fly

10-16-02 01:46 PM
Moonisup hahahahaahhaa what a link Joey haha Laughing out loud here!!
10-16-02 01:54 PM
sirmoonie Its actually kinda sad. You send your little back-talking punk kid down to Howe so they can make a man out of the little bastard, and then he comes back home wearing shiny little black boots with pink pom-poms on the heels, jumping up and down on his bed, doing all kinds of silly little pirouettes and saying "Look at me! Look at me! I'm luvely now!"

Now, if you ask me, thats a pretty damn fucked up deal.
10-16-02 02:24 PM
Joey " And then he comes back home wearing shiny little black boots with pink pom-poms on the heels, jumping up and down on his bed, doing all kinds of silly little pirouettes and saying "Look at me! Look at me! I'm luvely now!"

Moonie ..................lately you have been taking your posting skills to new heights !

You are now my cyber idol -- like it or not !

Clubby Joe

10-16-02 02:27 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:You are now my cyber idol -- like it or not !

Its cool Joey. Say, do you know anything about this "new reality" that everyone is talking about? Word on the street is that its a scourage.
10-16-02 02:29 PM
Joey " Its cool Joey. Say, do you know anything about this "new reality" that everyone is talking about? Word on the street is that its a scourage. "

I don't know about all of that my Brother , but if you stare at my Baby Steelie's Avatar long enough , you will find yourself saluting uncontrollably .................