ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A kiss to the all the nice girls at Rocks Off who make this place so special!
By William Coupon from the "40x20 Exhibition" now on tour...

This header is dedicated to Pammy Mammy!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bootlegs, and Aussie fans Return to archive
10-13-02 08:47 AM
gypsymofo60 Ok! All you Aussie fans, particularly Melbourneites. I've gotten the bootleg bug back, and I wanna know having been out of the game for so long, where are the best places to get them? All my old haunts went belly up years ago. It's vinyl I'm after, but CD whereabouts would also be appreciated, thanx!
10-14-02 08:15 AM
corgi37 Check out the music fairs. They are held every 2nd week or so. Also, i think the geek meets have some as well. Do you know the market in Cheltenham/Braeside area? Umm, Fairways i think its called. I havent been there for a while, but i bought the Hampton Roads 81 video there, complete with backstage stuff. They had heaps of boots. Alternative versions of b2b. Most of it was cd though. Last year i got a couple of things in Hong Kong, but thats a fair way away from here.
10-15-02 01:55 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Check out the music fairs. They are held every 2nd week or so. Also, i think the geek meets have some as well. Do you know the market in Cheltenham/Braeside area? Umm, Fairways i think its called. I havent been there for a while, but i bought the Hampton Roads 81 video there, complete with backstage stuff. They had heaps of boots. Alternative versions of b2b. Most of it was cd though. Last year i got a couple of things in Hong Kong, but thats a fair way away from here.

Cheers Corgi! Yes I do know of The Cheltenham/Braeside fairs/markets. Every two weeks you say! Cool! I'm off as soon as the next one's on.Thanx again.
10-15-02 05:43 AM
fmk438j It looks like you're after original stuff, but if you ever want to check out my list I'm happy to pass on some freebies.
10-15-02 06:54 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
It looks like you're after original stuff, but if you ever want to check out my list I'm happy to pass on some freebies.

That's really generous of you fmk! I would feel better paying you something though, how should I get in touch? Through your email address?
10-15-02 07:12 AM
fmk438j [quote]gypsymofo60 wrote:
I would feel better paying you something though,
[\quote]

I'm sure you are more worthy of a gift than some other people I've donated to.

I just mailed my list to your hotmail address. Might I suggest Timeless '73 be but one choice? I can't believe they made brussels sound even better. It should be mass produced by the government and given away to kids, plus taught at schools, assigned a public holiday etc.
[Edited by fmk438j]
[Edited by fmk438j]
10-15-02 09:34 AM
gypsymofo60 Ahh! My fellow Droogs! For only Stones fans could extend the generosity I have witnessed in these past days. Ive emailed you about a slight problem with your attachment, none the less I thank you fmk.
10-15-02 09:47 AM
Sir Stonesalot BTW, GMF...you did make the tree. Check Gerardo's part of the tree.
10-15-02 10:48 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
BTW, GMF...you did make the tree. Check Gerardo's part of the tree.

Yeah! I saw that Sir! I thanked you for that earlier in the original NYCtree thread, one of 'em anyway, but thanx again I'm like a kid at Christmas over it. Remember free accom.,and airport valet if you're ever down this way.