ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

A kiss to the all the nice girls at Rocks Off who make this place so special!
By William Coupon from the "40x20 Exhibition" now on tour...

This header is dedicated to Pammy Mammy!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Atlanta...who's going? Return to archive
10-09-02 09:09 PM
Fiji Joe Who on the board plans to attend the Atlanta show?

I know JB said he was going, I owe him a Shirley Temple.

Is that a picture of you on your avatar JB?...If so, I should have no trouble spotting that bulbous melon amongst the crowd.

I'll be the dude surrounded by the entourage of WWF like women wearing stilletos...and I'll be wearing a cape...don't ask...Keep your eyes open cause I'm coming in style.
10-09-02 09:55 PM
tumblingdice I have every intention of being there.
10-09-02 10:05 PM
VoodooTattoo I'll be there..I live 20 minutes from the field.
10-10-02 06:43 AM
swapwoodfortaylor I'll be there on The Keef Side
10-10-02 09:58 AM
jb Yes...I am flying in the day of the show and hope to be able to meet some of you....by the way..how far is Turner stadium from the airport....I am scheduled to arrvie early evening....
10-11-02 01:12 AM
Roland I be there (if all goes well!) Some are planning to be at Fuzzy's Place (fuzzys.com) the night before the show and at Lennys a few hours before the show.
10-11-02 09:09 AM
Honky Tonker Looking forward to a great night. Weather should be nice. Wish we were getting Sheryl or Buddy for an opener instead of Gwen, but who cares as long as Keef is in the house!

P. S. JB, it's about a ten to fifteen minute ride from the airport to Turner.
[Edited by Honky Tonker]
10-11-02 10:30 AM
jb So a cab ride to the stadium is feasible or should I rent a car? I have no sense of direction..will this be difficult?
10-12-02 05:21 PM
monkeywomantoo
quote:
jb wrote:
So a cab ride to the stadium is feasible or should I rent a car? I have no sense of direction..will this be difficult?

Definetly take a cab or hire a service to take you to the stadium, driving in Atlanta is not a pleasure, especially with no sense of direction.
10-13-02 12:24 PM
Honky Tonker Local forecast are calling for a cooling off (it was 83 Saturday). Temps should be upper 50's at the show. Perfect!

JB, a cab would be advisable. Try to be sedated when riding with an Atlanta cabbie.
10-14-02 08:13 AM
Stonesdoug Atlanta pre and post parties
Please join us if you're looking for something to do

Saturday - October 26, 2002
Pre-party will be at Lenny's Bar & Grill, from 3 PM until time to go to Turner Field. It's located at 307 Memorial Drive, .02 miles from MLK Marta Station and 1.5 miles from Turner Field. Phone number is 404-577-7721. The bar is stocking the jukebox with Stones' music. Children can also come, as long as they're with an adult.

After the concert we plan to meet at the Bucket Shop in Buckhead. It's located at 3475 Lenox Road, Atlanta, GA, near Lenox Square.
10-14-02 11:22 AM
Fiji Joe See ya there Doug...I'm bringing my winches in tow
10-14-02 11:45 AM
jb Enjoy all..I will be on the field with the real people!!!
10-14-02 01:27 PM
Turner i will be there and I am so excited about the show!! I live about an hour away.
10-14-02 01:34 PM
jb Turner, is the Stadium in a bad area? I am getting a cab or Limo from airport...will I be safe...I will be carrying lots of money...also wearing expensive clothing...I do not want to be mugged!!!
10-14-02 01:48 PM
Turner Just use common sense and be cautious. The stadium is not in the best area, but there will be lots of cops around.
10-14-02 01:57 PM
jb Thanks...stadiums are always in the ditressed area...my real concern is my ride being there after the show!!!
10-14-02 08:14 PM
Turner You will be fine, southern hospitality and all, Have Fun!
10-15-02 10:03 PM
monkeywomantoo
quote:
jb wrote:
Turner, is the Stadium in a bad area? I am getting a cab or Limo from airport...will I be safe...I will be carrying lots of money...also wearing expensive clothing...I do not want to be mugged!!!

Is there really "anywhere" safe these days?
You'll likely be with Stones "people" so by most
accounts, you should be okay. Keep your "street smarts"
and we'll see ya there!
10-16-02 10:38 AM
Fiji Joe That's one hell of a long range forecast Honky Tonker.