ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MEETING THE STONES! Return to archive
October 12th, 2004 06:55 PM
iluvmickjagger07 HAS ANYONE HERE MET ANY OF THE STONES? IF SO, I WOULD LOVE TO HERE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. IM SO JEALOUS OF EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER LAID EYES ON MICK JAGGER. im dying to meet them.
October 12th, 2004 07:00 PM
Gazza yes. I met Charlie and his wife in Amsterdam in 1995. He got out of the car with Shirley and was so drunk we had to grab him to stop him falling over when he turned around to give the pen back to a guy whose book he had just autographed.

He seemed so fragile that it was a great surprise to see him capable of drumming with such ferocity and passion the following night in Rotterdam

On the same tour (in Paris and in Amsterdam where the band was staying) I met Jerry Hall, Bobby Keys, Darryl Jones, Bernard Fowler and the legend that is Chuck Leavell. Got pics with them all. They're not 'Stones' of course but they were all very pleasant and approachable.
[Edited by Gazza]
October 12th, 2004 07:07 PM
doo doo doo Dude I'm sooo jealous you got to meet Chuck Leavell! I'm thinking of changing my handle to iluvchuckleavell07
October 12th, 2004 07:11 PM
Gazza I already have that handle as an alternative screenname, so tough shit!!!!
October 12th, 2004 07:12 PM
glencar I met Chuck Leavell's daughter. She had quite an attitude. I also met Daryl Jones.
October 12th, 2004 07:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I met Chuck Leavell's daughter. She had quite an attitude.

I suppose thats natural if she had the same beard...
October 12th, 2004 07:32 PM
glencar She was a young teenager. She sort of did a "harrumph" when Tongue Lady(a Shidddoobbeeaan) introduced us. I think she resented having to go out on the road instead of staying home with friends.
October 12th, 2004 08:20 PM
mickjaggersgrl no i havent met them but id sure like to meet keith when he was younger! he's a cutie
October 12th, 2004 09:46 PM
Soldatti
quote:
mickjaggersgrl wrote:
no i havent met them but id sure like to meet keith when he was younger! he's a cutie

Time out baby...
October 13th, 2004 02:05 AM
marko Met Bobby in Helsinki 1998.
October 13th, 2004 05:15 AM
JumpingKentFlash Didn't really meet Charlie, but I saw him in Berlin in a car. Saw him through the opened hatch in the roof. I ran out of the hotel and sprinted after the car, which had stopped for a red light. When I came over to the car the light turned green. It began to roll. I sprinted even faster and came up on the side of the backseat. There was Charlie. While sprinting I waved at him, and he made a sort of handwave that high ranking officers in the army does. Then I just stopped running and the car drove away. Then I was happy.
I was in Berlin with my school. It was September 1998. They were in town because of the extra show at the Berlin Waldb�hne.