ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Livin In A Harder World Return to archive
October 11th, 2004 05:17 PM
Saint Sway can someone tell me what the chorus is to this unreleased Stones gem.

I love the tune and cant get it out of my head. But I cant tell if Jagger is howlin "livin in a harder world"? or "livin in the heart of love"? or "livin is a harder load"?

I dunno?
October 11th, 2004 07:06 PM
gustavobala i have the same doubt...great song
October 11th, 2004 07:08 PM
Gazza it's "livin' in the heart of love"

it was originally bootlegged under the misheard title of "living is a harder love" which obviously makes no grammatical sense
October 11th, 2004 07:11 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Gazza wrote:
it's "livin' in the heart of love"

it was originally bootlegged under the misheard title of "living is a harder love" which obviously makes no grammatical sense

Yes Gazza, but neither does "livin' in the heart of love" when you think about it.

[Edited by Gazza]
October 11th, 2004 07:15 PM
gustavobala i don't know why this music isn't in IORR, the music don't stop in my mind....

mick taylor plays????

he stay in only one session in IORR...january/feb 74....the second he don't

ronnie saids that he is "sick" , it's true?
October 11th, 2004 07:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Yes Gazza, but neither does "livin' in the heart of love" when you think about it.

It does. In a metaphorical sense.

[Edited by Gazza]
October 11th, 2004 09:12 PM
glimmertwin50 Gazza's right - it's "Living In The Heart Of Love". Source: Karnbach/Benson book "It's Only Rock N Roll".

I agree that it's not easily decipherable upon listening.
October 11th, 2004 09:28 PM
Soldatti I like that tune.

Welcome glimmertwin50
October 11th, 2004 11:27 PM
jpenn11 Lyrics:

http://www.keno.org/stones_lyrics/living_in_the_heart_of_love.htm

Apparently Mick Taylor sings back up vox with Keith.
October 12th, 2004 10:00 AM
padre Yeah, it's a great tune. I sure hope they'd polish it up and release the fucker. A true rocker in the Start Me Up genre. With the right production it might even be a hit.
October 12th, 2004 10:46 AM
gimmekeef So folks..great tune but where can we find it on a boot?..Thanks
October 12th, 2004 10:57 AM
gimmekeef Well let me answer my own question...its on a boot called "Its only rock and roll outtakes"..from Invasion Unlimited??..Is it available from anyone to download??..Thanks(just that track)
October 13th, 2004 03:25 PM
Saint Sway thanks for the help on the lyrics

although now I'm hearing... "livin in a pot of lard"
October 13th, 2004 03:46 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:

Apparently Mick Taylor sings back up vox with Keith.

He's also got a nice short solo near the end that eeks through Keith's classic riffing. Maybe the song got dropped from IORR because the "I'm working so hard" lyric is almost identical to that of 'Luxury'.
October 13th, 2004 04:12 PM
glencar Always seemed somewhat generic to me. Which means it would have made a nice addition onto IORR!
October 13th, 2004 04:23 PM
gustavobala
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

He's also got a nice short solo near the end that eeks through Keith's classic riffing. Maybe the song got dropped from IORR because the "I'm working so hard" lyric is almost identical to that of 'Luxury'.

only for the phrase "i'm working so hard"??????????

uau O_O, you have sure????

O_O mick taylor sings???????

have other music that taylor does the backin'vocals in his rolling stones era??????

i am afraid bout this
October 13th, 2004 06:58 PM
jpenn11 Can't vouch for the MT vox. I'm going by keno.org's site. I have not heard the song in a while.

The track is on:

-Short and Curlies - Mickboy remaster of IORR
-It's Only Goats Head Soup . . . But We Like It

I don't know where this can be downloaded from.