ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Heart of Stone: Now the daughters get rolling Return to archive
October 10th, 2004 02:45 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Theodora Richards belongs to one of the most exclusive clubs on the planet. She's a fully paid-up member of the 'daughterati', girls whose parents are so wealthy and famous that a life of quiet obscurity just isn't an option.

Now 19, she is the eldest daughter of Keith, the coolest of the Rolling Stones , but with her luscious, long blonde hair and perfect button nose, it's certainly not her father she takes after in the looks department � more like her mother, the 1980s supermodel Patti Hansen.

She has an equally beautiful sister, Alexandra, who is 18. The pair have just moved into their first New York apartment and, guess what? They are both successful models, despite being tiny.

By rights, she should be a brat, but Keith and Patti made sure that didn't happen. Before she could get a taste of the high life, they whisked her away.

"I was raised in western Connecticut, and that was better for me," she says. "The country was great. My parents wanted us to be out of the city environment. I would have ended up completely different if I'd been brought up in the city. I don't know if I would be alive any more if I had lived in New York."

Theodora grew up in a big house in the forest with mommy, daddy, sis and a dog. "This was my family, the way I was brought up. It's the only thing I know," she says. Both sisters went to the local school, not a ritzy private establishment.

Her father's image may be that of a wild man of rock, but Richards knows a different side of him. "My manners come from my dad," she says. "It was 'please' and 'thank you' the whole time we were little, elbows off the table, and no singing at the table, either." He would read them bedtime stories and sing them to sleep. Theodora has remained close to her father and they recently took a trip to LA together.

"We were up until the wee hours of the morning, talking about what it was like for him, being young and swarmed by all those fans, who were almost kamikaze. They were willing to kill themselves for a glimpse, and that scared him for a while," she says. They also talked candidly about her father's past drug addictions. "I never want to touch the stuff myself. My dad has been given a second life after drugs. He's one of the most powerful and wise men that I will ever know," she says adoringly.

Even with an ad campaign for Tommy Hilfiger, some backing vocals for their dad and now an association with the fashion house Mulberry under their belts, the Richards girls are a long way from those other celebrity sister acts, the Olsen twins and the Hiltons. It's only when she talks about life on the road with the Rolling Stones that you get some idea of the more extraordinary aspects of her life. She and Alexandra, James and Lizzie Jagger, and Leah and Tyrone Wood spent their youth following their parents around the world.

Richards is focusing on modelling, and says her father is more approving of her career choice than Mick was when Lizzie entered the profession. "He saw I had a good head on my shoulders and that I would never be put into a bad situation," she says. Her first love, however, is acting. She hopes to be a Broadway star. No doubt she will. When you are in the daughterati, you can pretty much do anything you want.

( The Sunday Times, London )

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 10th, 2004 02:57 PM
Soldatti I'm so tired of Mick's & Keith's daughters. They are getting more press than his fathers.
October 10th, 2004 03:02 PM
Gazza This feature - with some very nice pics including a front cover photo of Theodora - appeared in the "Style" supplement of today's "Sunday Times"
October 10th, 2004 07:47 PM
gotdablouse "...some backing vocals for their dad..." hum, did I miss something or does Keith has something in store for us ?!
October 10th, 2004 08:29 PM
gypsy I bet they're selling that supplement for $15 on ebay right now. I cannot tell you how many Times supplements featuring Anita that I have bought priced entirely way too high.
October 10th, 2004 08:34 PM
Scot Rocks I never read the Style as well, need to check this out...
October 11th, 2004 05:10 AM
FotiniD Speaking of whom (Keith's daughters) here are some earlier pics from September 20th. Sorry if posted before!

October 11th, 2004 05:11 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I'm so tired of Mick's & Keith's daughters. They are getting more press than his fathers.

Well, they're keeping more busy than their dads, maybe that's the reason

I guess that's going to change a bit soon
October 11th, 2004 05:44 AM
JaggerLips Would their kids be as successful as they are if their dads weren't who they are? I don't think so. I always yawn when their kids get mentioned.

October 11th, 2004 08:08 AM
caro

The article is a bit longer on the Sunday Times site. There's even the truth about the strip club story!! yay!!! (oh no, it's boring, actually.)
October 11th, 2004 10:33 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I'm so tired of Mick's & Keith's daughters.

wait a second... you have seen them, right?!!?!