ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 100 Worst Riffs ...(ssc!) Return to archive
October 8th, 2004 12:28 PM
parmeda GUITAR WORLD NAMES 100 WORST RIFFS, SOLOS

NEW YORK - AP - He may be known for his over-the-top antics but Poison guitarist C.C. DeVille has another claim to fame: his "Guitar Solo" has been named the worst of all time by Guitar World magazine.

The magazine selected the "100 Worst Riffs, Licks & Solos of All Time," identifying ones that are "lazy," "boring," "just plain stoopid," or "involve C.C. Deville."

The list includes songs by David Bowie, Def Leppard, Metallica, Green Day, B.B. King, The Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith and The Strokes, among others. Many are guitar legends who simply had a bad night or bum note.

Guitar World describes DeVille's nine-minute solo "completely devoid of taste, structure or steady tempo" and recommends every budding guitarist listen to it because "surely, they can't do any worse."

DeVille was also cited for his "Cherry Pie" solo when he played with Warrant and Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

The magazine recommends DeVille "take solace in the fact that he's in some rather good company."

Rounding out the top 10: "Summertime Blues," Blue Cheer; "The Game of Love," Carlos Santana; Falstaff beer 1967 radio spot, Cream; "All You Need is Love," The Beatles; "Thirsty and Miserable," Black Flag; "Wango Tango," Ted Nugent; "Ain't Too Proud to Beg," Rolling Stones; "Sting of the Bumblebee," Manowar; and "American Woman," Lenny Kravitz.

The list appears in the magazine's December issue.
October 8th, 2004 04:18 PM
jb Leave it to the British press to attack the Stones....no big surprise....at least the Beatles were also included.
October 8th, 2004 07:08 PM
Mel Belli For a song they didn't even write. That's kind of lame.
October 8th, 2004 07:38 PM
glencar I love the live version of "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" that they did in'74. IORR was their weakest album up to that point.
October 8th, 2004 09:39 PM
Soldatti Stupid list.
October 8th, 2004 09:58 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
parmeda wrote:

DeVille was also cited for his "Cherry Pie" solo when he played with Warrant and Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

that's because those poodle headed fuckos couldn't even play their own guitars.
October 9th, 2004 01:17 AM
beer Worst? "Girls, girls, girls" by Motley Crue. The Cheeziest guitar riff ever maybe. It really is that bad. Among countless other cheezy cock-rock riffs.
October 9th, 2004 01:22 AM
Poplar

Yup - stupid list. I'm getting kinda tired of lists for lists' sake.
October 9th, 2004 01:48 PM
JaggerLips LOL at "Ain't too Proud to Beg" So out of 437 songs and counting they get the Stones on that one song LOL I can't see what was so bad about it to be honest.

What did they get David Bowie on I wonder??? Anyone know?

These lists are ridiculous. Music is such a subjective thing, like all time best actor/actress/ film etc etc/

October 9th, 2004 03:08 PM
Soldatti The worst solo ever on some Stones' album is Shine A Light from Stripped. I skip this track when I hear the album.
October 10th, 2004 07:52 PM
gotdablouse Will have to check that one out, the "solo" on Tie You Up is really terrible too! The Flip the Switch "riff" is rather poor too :-(
October 11th, 2004 05:37 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Will have to check that one out, the "solo" on Tie You Up is really terrible too! The Flip the Switch "riff" is rather poor too :-(

What's wrong with them??

October 11th, 2004 04:50 PM
gimmekeef Lets start a worst list list!..I pick this one!!!!
October 11th, 2004 09:21 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Will have to check that one out, the "solo" on Tie You Up is really terrible too! The Flip the Switch "riff" is rather poor too :-(

I not agree on this, the solo on Tie You Up was pretty good and Flip The Switch kicked ass. The solo not was bad at all.