ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bianca Jagger: Bush 'a threat to world peace' (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 9th, 2004 12:12 PM
Scottfree
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Should there by ANY Iraqi people that will have survived this hell, you mean.

The point I'm trying to make Poplar is that wars are NOT made for peace / setting people free / making the world a better place. If there's anything that history has taught us on this field, is that the sole motivation of a war in the vast majority of cases (if not all) is profit / money / power / oil; you get the picture.

You can't honeslty expect me to believe that Bush is the good savior of this world and that we should all be greatful for him saving the world peace. The only thing he has managed to achieve is cause worse mayhem. And I hope to be proven wrong, but I think that his actions have initiated a whole new circle of violence. Terrorists are not born like that - in no way am I saying what they're doing is right (killing people is insanity, regardless of the motivation); all I'm saying is that someone and some certain actions started it. You don't wake up one fine morning and decide you're going to self-explode and kill people. Something led things there, and it's not just Islam. Islam is a religion - has nothing to do with violence. It's an excuse, if you ask me.

Kind of like mass destruction weapons. Where are the famous mass destruction weapons? Another cheap excuse. The proof is there Poplar.

Having control is what this war was about. Control and power. And oil and the position of the Middle East allows for that. Simple stuff.

Damn you're shallow.......You don't understand that there is an absolute evil? I feel sorry for you.....
October 9th, 2004 03:06 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I like the change in Bianca. From rich girl to talking politics and defending human rights.

And I agree with her on Bush. If some people don't see what she's talking about, that's what scares me most.

But, why the heck does she keep the Jagger surname?! Just puzzling.

Puzzling????
Natural Liberal progression....Rich by insertion.....champion of the poor!

CRAP!

She's living off her mate.......championing the down troddin enjoying her worldwide travels, shopping, and champagne!
Gimme a break!
October 9th, 2004 03:15 PM
Soldatti
quote:
But, why the heck does she keep the Jagger surname?! Just puzzling.

??
October 9th, 2004 05:25 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Damn you're shallow.......You don't understand that there is an absolute evil? I feel sorry for you.....

Oh, sorry... I stopped believing in "absolute evil guys", "absolute good guys" and "Santa Claus" when I was about six.

And pardon me, I didn't understand when the discussion turned to kindergarten "calling names".

[Edited by FotiniD]
October 9th, 2004 11:05 PM
eharms325 FotiniD wrote:

Should there by ANY Iraqi people that will have survived this hell, you mean.

The point I'm trying to make Poplar is that wars are NOT made for peace / setting people free / making the world a better place. If there's anything that history has taught us on this field, is that the sole motivation of a war in the vast majority of cases (if not all) is profit / money / power / oil; you get the picture.

eharms325 Wrote

1.WWII The U.S. got into that War to help our allies in Europe.We then helped rebuild Germany.(Not much proffit there). Over 500,000 U.S. casualties.
2. WWII Japan attacked the U.S. first, we then bombed them then helped rebuild them.(Not much profit there) They are now one of our best allies along with Britain. Germany and France on the other hand, have dropped way down on the list of friends to the U.S. (Oil for food scandal).
3. Viet Nam. Not much oil, money or power there. I still don't understand what France wanted to Colonize it for.(That was right before the U.S. got there).
4. The first Gulf War. After we helped out Kuait, they were giving gas away in the U.S.(Not Really).
5. Nothing to be gained in Korea, but safety from a madman who is starving his own people.
We didn't make any money, get any oil, or get any power from it.

Get your facts right. Or get some better history books.
Eharms325

[Edited by eharms325]
October 10th, 2004 06:21 AM
FotiniD
quote:
eharms325 wrote:
1.WWII The U.S. got into that War to help our allies in Europe.We then helped rebuild Germany.(Not much proffit there). Over 500,000 U.S. casualties.
2. WWII Japan attacked the U.S. first, we then bombed them then helped rebuild them.(Not much profit there) They are now one of our best allies along with Britain. Germany and France on the other hand, have dropped way down on the list of friends to the U.S. (Oil for food scandal).
3. Viet Nam. Not much oil, money or power there. I still don't understand what France wanted to Colonize it for.(That was right before the U.S. got there).
4. The first Gulf War. After we helped out Kuait, they were giving gas away in the U.S.(Not Really).
5. Nothing to be gained in Korea, but safety from a madman who is starving his own people.
We didn't make any money, get any oil, or get any power from it.

Get your facts right. Or get some better history books.
Eharms325

Oh, so Vietnam and the Gulf War, yes, those were right choices! Everyone in America loved them!

God bless America for saving the world. God, what would the rest of the planet do without atomic bombs, Vietnam wars and Bushes? I really, really wonder.

I'll stick to the history I know, thank you.
No more politics for me on Rocks Off, thanks.
October 10th, 2004 06:32 AM
Jumacfly
[/quote]
Dont loose your time here..when I read how some people here hate France, i d like to tell them where were you in 1776 motherfuckers?? many references to WW2, but any reference to their independance...small brains and big mouths..
but, ahhh, i ve promised to shut my mouth about politics here,so come on wankers keep on posting and have a good time!!!

STones rules you bastards!!!
October 10th, 2004 06:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

1776 motherfuckers?? many references to WW2, but any reference to their independance...

http://www.lucidcafe.com/library/95sep/lafayette.html
October 10th, 2004 07:41 AM
Jumping Jack The corruption and payoffs in the Oil For Food Scam should make all folks defending the actions of the UN, France, Germany and Russia reconsider their selective moral outrage. Chirac and his buddies will fuck their friends and allies for a paltry price. Whores! They deserve the economic bitch slapping coming their way.

No more French wine (whine) or German cars for me.

October 10th, 2004 08:02 AM
keith_tif For me no more: mac donalds, nike, caca-cola,...if Bush reelected!
October 10th, 2004 08:04 AM
keith_tif For me no more: mac donalds, nike, caca-cola,...if Bush reelected!
October 10th, 2004 08:12 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The corruption and payoffs in the Oil For Food Scam should make all folks defending the actions of the UN, France, Germany and Russia reconsider their selective moral outrage. Chirac and his buddies will fuck their friends and allies for a paltry price. Whores! They deserve the economic bitch slapping coming their way.

LOL you re ready for Jerry Springer show..
Mathijs spoke about american arrogance, thanks for giving us a such a great demonstration!
but I d like to say to my american pals here that i don t consider people related to their nationality but to their (lost) brain ...Period.

ps: Less wine for you is more for us
October 10th, 2004 09:33 AM
eharms325 Jumacfly wrote
[/quote]
Dont loose your time here..when I read how some people here hate France, i d like to tell them where were you in 1776 motherfuckers?? many references to WW2, but any reference to their independance...small brains and big mouths..
but, ahhh, i ve promised to shut my mouth about politics here,so come on wankers keep on posting and have a good time!!!

My point was, asshole. Not all wars are for gaining money, power or oil. Sorry if I hurt your feelings for not mentioning Lafyette.
October 10th, 2004 09:42 AM
caro
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Glad to see that when speaking about France, the only fucking thing you can come up with is wine. Hey, have you got anything else than wine, WWII, the good, the bad, the ugly and "if-you're-not-with-us-you're-against-us" in your political toolbox?

As for Chirac opposing Bush for bad reasons, it's a pity that you're not interested in what the French have to say. *Everyone* here said from the beginning that Chirac took this stand because he's a complete opportunist. How exactly does that make the opposition to the war illegitimate?
The Bushists love to forget that those who opposed this war were mainly the *people* in Europe (and in the whole world, BTW), and not the governments. Remember that on Feb.15th 2003, 10 million people protested against the war. So Chirac's reason's are completely irrelevant.

BTW, Bush now implies that the corruption of the food-for-oil program was a reason to go to war. Looking forward to the next reason! Those Saddam palaces were hideous!! Bomb'em!!!

[Edited by caro]
October 10th, 2004 11:08 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
ps: Less wine for you is more for us

Yep, right on Ju! Cheers!
The arrogance and uninvited pure hatred coming off people like eharms325, I just don't get it.

Oh, anyway. Enough with the politics here.
Another glass of good French wine for us then

P.S. Oh, and they're STILL called french fries in my book, lol
October 10th, 2004 01:12 PM
Jumacfly
My point was, asshole.Sorry if I hurt your feelings for not mentioning Lafyette.
[/quote]

you re a very kind newbie you know..
October 10th, 2004 01:14 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Yep, right on Ju! Cheers!
Oh, anyway. Enough with the politics here.
Another glass of good French wine for us then

P.S. Oh, and they're STILL called french fries in my book, lol

I promise on next tour we gonna get drunk together with all our RO friends ok??

See ya

JU
October 10th, 2004 02:56 PM
Mathijs For your info Glencar, I asked around: the guy with the burning flag is called Mononom or something, a Dutch guy called Menno. Appologies are in place I guess.

Mathijs
October 11th, 2004 04:03 PM
jb

http://www.friendsacrossamerica.com/godblessusa.html
October 11th, 2004 07:45 PM
Scot Rocks Im too tired to discuss politics on here, been there and done it and it just causes frustration.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5