ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live Licks - sources of each track Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 4th, 2004 06:37 PM
Gazza just posted by a regular on IORR. Unconfirmed sources are as follows:

DISC 1:
1. Brown Sugar - Twickenham
2. Street Fighting Man - Twickenham
3. Paint It Black - Twickenham
4. You Can't Always Get What You Want - Twickenham
5. Start Me Up - Madison Square Garden
6. It's Only Rock'n Roll - Madison Square Garden
7. Angie - Madison Square Garden
8. Honky Tonk Women - Madison Square Garden
9. Happy - Madison Square Garden
10. Gimme Shelter - Madison Square Garden
11. Satisfaction - Madison Square Garden

DISC 2:
1. Neighbours - Paris Olympia
2. Monkey Man - Madison Square Garden
3. Rocks Off - Twickenham
4. Can't You Hear Me Knocking - LA Wiltern
5. That's How Strong My Love Is - Paris Olympia
6. The Nearness Of You - Paris Olympia
7. Beast Of Burden - LA Wiltern
8. When The Whip Comes Down - Madison Square Garden
9. Rock Me, Baby - LA Wiltern
10. You Don't Have To Mean It - LA Wiltern
11. Worried About You - Paris Olympia
12. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - LA Wiltern

before you ask, there are just TWO songs that are NOT already issued in the same versions on Four Flicks * see correction below *

Cant You Hear Me Knocking - L.A. instead of MSG
Monkey Man - MSG instead of Paris.

Of course most people will have Monkey Man already anyway as it was on the original HBO broacast, so the only track thats new in circulation as a soundboard recording is CYHMK. Everybody Needs Somebody was also featured on Four Flicks but in an incomplete form as it was part of a bonus feature where the band talked about playing with Solomon Burke.

[Edited by Gazza]
October 4th, 2004 07:15 PM
justforyou What a scandalous racket!
October 4th, 2004 07:21 PM
Bloozehound we all saw this coming

o'well at least they'll be in the studio soon

Now if only they'd just work together, while they're in there...
October 4th, 2004 08:29 PM
Angiegirl I'm soooo going to not buy this who-cares-about-fans-anyway-crap!

Did they have to meet a quota in a recording contract or something? Jeez...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
October 4th, 2004 08:42 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I'm soooo going to not buy this who-cares-about-fans-anyway-crap!

i am with you - i'll drop coin on the r+r circus dvd instead

quote:
Did they have to meet a quota in a recording contract or something? Jeez...

i hope that is the case, because that track/source list is very weak.

October 4th, 2004 08:52 PM
T&A so the only diff with FF is CYHMK? And, from the boot and my recollection (having been there) - it was one of the weaker versions on the tour. I will definitely pass on this "slap in the face" of any true Stones fan. Shameful.
October 4th, 2004 08:59 PM
corgi37 Lamer than i thought. Why is it always the same stuff? Why not stuff from Australia, or India, or some of the totally different and exotic locales? Always the same old places.

Fingers crossed this is as successful as Goddess in the doorway.

Looks like the only STones stuff for me for a while is the Circus dvd.

What a bunch of fools!
October 4th, 2004 09:24 PM
glencar Lame but I'll buy it anyway. Maybe the CD booklet will hold slim surprises.
October 4th, 2004 09:59 PM
Soldatti This list is a joke, can't believe.
October 4th, 2004 10:25 PM
Scot Rocks Tis a joke indeed, as Gazza has said pointless and tired, no way I will be buying this when it comes out.

Mark
October 4th, 2004 10:26 PM
Bloozehound next time they should release the whole shebang at once on some of those CD/DVD disks, would make a nice little box set chronicling the tour with both audio & visual discs

October 5th, 2004 12:35 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They didn't play Monkey Man at the Olympia, did they??
My copy of FF has Monkey Man from MSG.
October 5th, 2004 12:44 AM
Madafaka Why? I wanna "She Smiled Sweetly" in the tracklist!
October 5th, 2004 02:29 AM
Jumacfly that sucks very much...they became so predictable...

who s got bucks to loose???
October 5th, 2004 04:36 AM
F505 just buy it

This cottage is in need of a coat of paint
October 5th, 2004 04:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

They didn't play Monkey Man at the Olympia, did they??
My copy of FF has Monkey Man from MSG.

youre right. Its the 'select-a-stone' feature and I thought it was from Paris - its from MSG as you state.

Just checking against the Four Flicks versions, and the differences are as follows :

Start Me Up - MSG instead of Paris
Gimme Shelter - MSG instead of Twickenham
Cant You Hear Me Knockin' - LA instead of MSG

and as stated previously, Everybody Needs Somebody To Love is from LA and that version was previously only shown as a clip on the DVD. There is a full length version from Paris on the DVD however.

so, 3 and a half songs different in total. I guess I did the boys a disservice
[Edited by Gazza]
October 5th, 2004 06:22 AM
egon yeah, milk it baby!
October 5th, 2004 07:15 AM
marko Whos bying this,and what for?
October 5th, 2004 07:40 AM
UGot2Rollme I echo the "scandalous" remark and I am going to warn everybody in my family to please not consider JIVE Licks for me as a "surprise" under the tree at Xmas time!! ughhh

[Edited by UGot2Rollme]
October 5th, 2004 08:16 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:
just posted by a regular on IORR. Unconfirmed sources are as follows:

DISC 1:
1. Brown Sugar - Twickenham
2. Street Fighting Man - Twickenham
3. Paint It Black - Twickenham
4. You Can't Always Get What You Want - Twickenham
5. Start Me Up - Madison Square Garden
6. It's Only Rock'n Roll - Madison Square Garden
7. Angie - Madison Square Garden
8. Honky Tonk Women - Madison Square Garden
9. Happy - Madison Square Garden
10. Gimme Shelter - Madison Square Garden
11. Satisfaction - Madison Square Garden

DISC 2:
1. Neighbours - Paris Olympia
2. Monkey Man - Madison Square Garden
3. Rocks Off - Twickenham
4. Can't You Hear Me Knocking - LA Wiltern
5. That's How Strong My Love Is - Paris Olympia
6. The Nearness Of You - Paris Olympia
7. Beast Of Burden - LA Wiltern
8. When The Whip Comes Down - Madison Square Garden
9. Rock Me, Baby - LA Wiltern
10. You Don't Have To Mean It - LA Wiltern
11. Worried About You - Paris Olympia
12. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - LA Wiltern

before you ask, there are just TWO songs that are NOT already issued in the same versions on Four Flicks * see correction below *

Cant You Hear Me Knocking - L.A. instead of MSG

Of course most people will have Monkey Man already anyway as it was on the original HBO broacast, so the only track thats new in circulation as a soundboard recording is CYHMK. Everybody Needs Somebody was also featured on Four Flicks but in an incomplete form as it was part of a bonus feature where the band talked about playing with Solomon Burke.

[Edited by Gazza]

Gazza I read one of your posts at IORR, (incidentally the reason I was at IORR and not here is that my local library has banned the novogate domain - idiots! So now I am in this weird nappy valley place with kids crying all around me! Anyhow..) it was a superb post and was about a page long citing the reasons why this odious "live Licks" CD project is a farce. Anyway I enjoyed the post - please publish here as well!
October 5th, 2004 08:35 AM
Gazza copy and paste it yourself, you lazy bastard!!

just kiddin..not sure what one you meant as I tend to ramble on a bit on all of them, but thanks anyway.

I guess re-posting it here might look odd as its out of context in a different thread, but whatever it was, I'm sure its pretty much what Ive said here, although I think on IORR theres a few more people than here who actually think this 'project' is a great idea, which was probably the reason why I shot my mouth off (again)

Glad I'm managing to piss a few people off in my old age.

October 5th, 2004 08:36 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think on IORR theres a few more people than here who actually think this 'project' is a great idea, which was probably the reason why I shot my mouth off (again)

Got the same impression Gazza...I shot my mouth off too
October 5th, 2004 08:50 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:
copy and paste it yourself, you lazy bastard!!

just kiddin..not sure what one you meant as I tend to ramble on a bit on all of them, but thanks anyway.

I guess re-posting it here might look odd as its out of context in a different thread, but whatever it was, I'm sure its pretty much what Ive said here, although I think on IORR theres a few more people than here who actually think this 'project' is a great idea, which was probably the reason why I shot my mouth off (again)

Glad I'm managing to piss a few people off in my old age.

Ha it was excellent! Yeah you were arguing with some German person I beleive!

The whole Live Licks thing unfortunately is odious. This whole episode is so UNSUPRISING of the Stones of late.

I mean Jesus Christ! Look at someone like The Clash who have just released a collectors item in the 3 CD re-release of London Calling! It cost me �12.97 for the original CD, an outakes CD a DVD with the making of footage and of live videos etc. Also included a new booklet and essays etc etc!

Just imagine if these millionaires actually valued their fan, whom which they have to thank for their wealth. Imagine if they following the Clash's example and rereleased Exile on Main St with a making of DVD (of footage in Nelcote, of the basement and it's grotty surroundings, of Keith fucked etc etc), new artwork, outakes CD etc etc.

Instead, well it's impossible to comment on without ranting and I'm not that good at it and you don't wanna hear it and I might even get banned for cursing and blaspheming all TOO much!

Regards A JUSTIFIABLY PISSED OFF FAN.
October 5th, 2004 10:08 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Just imagine if these millionaires actually valued their fan, whom which they have to thank for their wealth. Imagine if they following the Clash's example and rereleased Exile on Main St with a making of DVD (of footage in Nelcote, of the basement and it's grotty surroundings, of Keith fucked etc etc), new artwork, outakes CD etc etc.

You're absolutely right Zeeta. It's such simple things, I can't understand why they won't bother doing them and keep flooding us with stupid re-releases and ridiculous live albums. But I'm really kind of wondering who has the final say in matters like live albums. Do the Stones actually pick the songs or does the record company deal with it?

In either case though, it just doesn't make sense to me -even from a clearly corporate point of view- who on earth would think it's logical to release the SAME songs the vast majority of fans already owns on DVD. Even from the marketing point of view it's completely lame - cause who on earth is going to buy the same tracks?! What were they thinking?

So I'm speechless. This is just stupid.
October 5th, 2004 10:18 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
copy and paste it yourself, you lazy bastard!!

are you talking about the post or the new album....?
October 5th, 2004 10:55 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

That's a cool idea.

sometimes I get the impression that Mick n Keith have a "what is done is done" attitude, and aren't interested in revisiting or reviving their back catalog
[Edited by Bloozehound]
October 5th, 2004 09:46 PM
Soldatti Everybody needs to come to Argentina, "Live Licks" seems to be a great seller. The fans are dying for buy this release and I can understand: only 10% (or less) of the people owns DVD.
At least here will sell very well, the first week will be easy a hot shot debut #1.
October 6th, 2004 04:44 AM
JumpingKentFlash I'm gonna buy it. Us die-hard fans crave and crave for something new and different all the time. But this one is for the casual fans clearly (No Security wasn't). Of course the die-hard fans, such as myself, want new things all the time. But I stress that we also think about our common, casual and fellow fan.
And I'd bet 175$ and my left testicle that die-hards will buy it anyway. I think that die-hards feel the same way I do, and that is: The collection isn't complete without Live Licks. So I'm getting it, and it's gonna ROCK!!!!!
October 6th, 2004 04:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
I'm gonna buy it. Us die-hard fans crave and crave for something new and different all the time. But this one is for the casual fans clearly (No Security wasn't). Of course the die-hard fans, such as myself, want new things all the time. But I stress that we also think about our common, casual and fellow fan.
And I'd bet 175$ and my left testicle that die-hards will buy it anyway. I think that die-hards feel the same way I do, and that is: The collection isn't complete without Live Licks. So I'm getting it, and it's gonna ROCK!!!!!

Hi Kent
nice to read you here , what's up on IORR??
October 6th, 2004 05:17 AM
JumpingKentFlash Oh not much JF. I'm waiting and waiting and waiting all the time. Getting pretty sick of it. I'm waiting for Live Licks, R&R Circus DVD, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, The new album and tour. How's everything here on the great RO???
Page: 1 2 3