ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Interview with Chris Kimsey about Start Me Up Return to archive
11th October 2007 12:18 PM
aladdinstory not sure if this has been posted before, but stumbled upon it, interesting info on SMU and TTY, also a bit about ER & SG:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr04/articles/classictracks.htm
11th October 2007 04:04 PM
gimmekeef Great read thanks!...Keith telling Kimsey to "wipe" SMU as he didnt like it!...Classic.....Love the reggae version better myself but Keiths opening riff is still so unique you know its him instantly.....
11th October 2007 04:22 PM
Saint Sway "'Hang Fire', 'Little T&A', 'Black Limousine', 'Neighbors', 'Heaven' and 'No Use In Crying' were from Emotional Rescue."

^ Further proof that the Emotional Rescue sessions produced the greatest music in the Stones mighty cannon.

that fucker should of been released as a double album!!!
11th October 2007 07:31 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"'Hang Fire', 'Little T&A', 'Black Limousine', 'Neighbors', 'Heaven' and 'No Use In Crying' were from Emotional Rescue."

^ Further proof that the Emotional Rescue sessions produced the greatest music in the Stones mighty cannon.

Dude, you mean "canon" ... I like the visual of "mighty cannon," though -- fitting for the circus-like stage show
11th October 2007 07:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"'Hang Fire', 'Little T&A', 'Black Limousine', 'Neighbors', 'Heaven' and 'No Use In Crying' were from Emotional Rescue."

75 to 1980 sessions were of the charts, chock full of stonesy music in amounts too big to describe... There's enough almost uinished unreleased songs to put out 5 or 6 12 to 15 song albums... instead it sits and collects dust! I blame Jagger!
12th October 2007 12:20 AM
aladdinstory
quote:
pdog wrote:

75 to 1980 sessions were of the charts, chock full of stonesy music in amounts too big to describe... There's enough almost uinished unreleased songs to put out 5 or 6 12 to 15 song albums... instead it sits and collects dust! I blame Jagger!

agreed. i grew up thinking that other than the anomaly of SG, that period pretty much sucked, however after discovering all the unreleased "gems" and further gaining appreciation for the Stones which existed at that time I changed my opinion.

But blaming jagger is too easy a target, the only archivist of the band was Wyman, and he is long gone. i think it may come down to the ego battles between Keith and Mick, post EOMS, each having their own "pet" songs from each session, or hell favorite mixes of songs, and even all these years later neither one wanting to revisit those times and therefore those songs.

As so aptly put in Ruby Tuesday, "Yesterday don't matter if it's gone," and that, tragically, seems to the band's attitude toward their past "unreleased" recordings. Which I think, having such an attitude, is to their own detriment.
12th October 2007 01:06 AM
IanBillen I guess you could say I kinda am an "audio-recording-phile" I suppose so I totally enjoyed this read.

We knew all the basics about when these gems were produced and their original intent with Tatoo You and how it all came to be more or less....

But this is all the very detail about how it was actually recorded, where, and with whom and I found it very informative. Especially from the audio-engineerning perspective. Something I have truly delved into (of coarse as nothing more than a pure amateur).

Thanks so much! You have uncovered so much with this article.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)