ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why The Enemy Love The Rolling Stones Return to archive
11th October 2007 05:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Why The Enemy Love The Rolling Stones
Oct 11 2007 BEVERLEY LYONS AND LAURA SUTHERLAND
DailyRecord.co.uk

Exclusive Mick and Co impress The Enemy

Q AWARD winners The Enemy admitted they were a concerned when supporting The Rolling Stones because the legendary band seemed a bit "shuffley".

Singer Tom Clarke revealed: "I was a bit worried when they came out the dressing rooms as they where a bit shuffley and not very energetic. I was thinking oh no what's this going to be like."

But the Coventry band soon changed their mind when their idols took to the stage on the last date of their European tour at the O2 Arena in London earlier this year.

Tom laughed: "I needn't have worried as they literally ran out on to the stage. That's when I thought f***ing hell this is gong to be mint. And I wasn't wrong. They played for about two hours - we were impressed by their energy levels."

Speaking to the Razz at Clyde 1 radio station, the boys revealed how amazing it was to support the band that got them in to music in the first place.

Tom said: "I thought someone was taking the p*** at first. I mean The Rolling Stones aren't a band anymore they're an institution.

"I just phoned my mum because she is a massive Stones fan and was like 'guess who we are supporting'. She couldn't believe it because they are her all-time favourite band.

"All our families came to watch, it cost us a few bob though as it was £60 a ticket."

Drummer Liam Watts continued: "My dad was meant to take my mum to a gig years ago but for some reason it didn't happen so she was delighted to get a second chance."

But sadly the three-piece didn't get a chance to catch up with Mick and co. after the gig.

Liam said: "No, we didn't get to speak to them. It was the last night of their tour and there are that many people who wanted to talk to them - it's impossible.

"But it's like meeting the Queen. I mean you don't expect to go around to the Queen's and sit the front room drinking tea with her, do you? But they are nice guys and they put on an amazing show."

And putting on an amazing show seems to be something The Enemy know something about. At our interview the band's bass guitarist Andy Hopkins was missing due to a knee injury from jumping into the crowd at their recent gig in Aberdeen. "Andy was a madhead and dived into the crowd and smashed his knee last night. He either hit his knee somewhere on the barrier or someone woke up with a very sore head this morning," Tom said.

But in contrast to their controversial image, including a fallout with radio presenter Alex Zane, the boys revealed that getting into arguments isn't what they are about.

"Paul Potts is an example," Tom said.

In July Tom was quoted as saying: "I've just heard we are about to be knocked off No.1 by that fat bloke from Britain's Got Talent. It's a disgrace."

But, keen to amend the story, Tom states: "The only thing I ever said about him was how inspiring it is that a graffter can bring opera to a popular market. That what I said about Paul Potts not that he was a fat ****** like I was quoted as saying."

11th October 2007 07:34 AM
corgi37 I have no idea who this band is, but i like them!
11th October 2007 07:40 AM
Gazza "All our families came to watch, it cost us a few bob though as it was £60 a ticket."

If only!!!
11th October 2007 08:25 AM
andrews27 But why does our *real* enemy like the Rolling Stones? What have you to say to that, Mr. Ahmedinajad? Do you think the Stones have ever been invited to Columbia University? Colombia, South America, is more like it!
[Edited by andrews27]
11th October 2007 11:36 AM
Saint Sway Stones are "shuffley"??

like the way old people shuffle when they walk

thats a funny description. I like that.
11th October 2007 12:40 PM
glencar It was probably about 5PM. Keef had just awakened...
11th October 2007 01:23 PM
mojoman
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Stones are "shuffley"??

like the way old people shuffle when they walk

harlem shuffley
11th October 2007 08:36 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
mojoman wrote:

harlem shuffley

postin!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)