ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick at No. 77 on U.S. album chart Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th October 2007 03:47 PM
Gimme Shelter Oct 10: Mick at No. 77 on U.S. album chart
"The Very Best of Mick Jagger" debuted at No. 77 on the Billboard 200 chart after selling about 11,000 copies in the week ended Oct. 7. By contrast, "Goddess in the Doorway" opened at No. 39 in 2001 with 68,000 copies.
10th October 2007 03:57 PM
gimmekeef Thats more than I figured.Maybe every gal he's ever bedded is buying one...
10th October 2007 04:08 PM
Saint Sway Damn it! I thought for sure Mick would sell enough copies to force Kanye West to retire
10th October 2007 07:03 PM
Soldatti And some people were talking about a solo tour, LMFAO.
10th October 2007 07:34 PM
gotdablouse pretty pathetic...
10th October 2007 07:38 PM
fireontheplatter i have not bothered to buy this yet because i already have all the songs, accept, of course, for the new ones. i suspect i will pick it up in the future.

whatever amount of this effort he sells is good.....
10th October 2007 09:00 PM
Steel Wheels What a brilliant idea a solo best of was!

11,000 copies! WOW!

11,000 copies of one of the shortest albums ever.
10th October 2007 09:42 PM
robpop Mick can shove it up his arse. I'm not buying it. I'm not even wasting my time "stealing" it on line or burning it from a friend.
[Edited by robpop]
10th October 2007 10:34 PM
Play With Fire

Thats more than I thought, I predicted about 1,000 sold.
77 on the chart? It's all downhill from here.

10th October 2007 10:43 PM
pdog
quote:
Play With Fire wrote:

Thats more than I thought, I predicted about 1,000 sold.
77 on the chart? It's all downhill from here.

I'm going to hold off about two months and get a used copy for about $2, Too Many cooks is worth that.
11th October 2007 06:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Thats more than I figured.Maybe every gal he's ever bedded is buying one...

The Latin American sales should be much healthier, then....
11th October 2007 06:39 PM
SweetVirginia 10,000 copies in Brazil alone!

11th October 2007 07:29 PM
Paranoid_Android RADIOHEAD pre sold 4,000,000 copies before this past wednesday...many fans plunking down 10 bucks!!! That all goes into THEIR pockets...the revolution has begun!!!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
11th October 2007 08:20 PM
StephenNYC Mick Jagger could still have a successful solo tour despite less than spectacular record sales if he plans on hitting the road. He is a rare exception to the industry. Thats not saying he will tour but rather if he chooses to do so, it will be a moneymaker.
11th October 2007 08:30 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
StephenNYC wrote:
Mick Jagger could still have a successful solo tour despite less than spectacular record sales if he plans on hitting the road. He is a rare exception to the industry. Thats not saying he will tour but rather if he chooses to do so, it will be a moneymaker.

yes and no
at this point in jaggers career i think it is a crap shoot
i think he should probably wait until keith and the rest are ready to do another full, maybe so, scale tour.
i think mick is beat on doing a full on solo tour ...no way that is going to happen.
anyway, to answer your question.....what he going to do...ballrooms and shit around the u s of a....probably NOT.
11th October 2007 08:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
StephenNYC wrote:
Mick Jagger could still have a successful solo tour despite less than spectacular record sales if he plans on hitting the road. He is a rare exception to the industry. Thats not saying he will tour but rather if he chooses to do so, it will be a moneymaker.

Thing is, considering the fact that hes become so conservative when it comes to choosing setlists for Stones shows in recent times in that hes so reluctant to play anything that in his eyes isnt instantly known, that problem is going to be magnified even further when playing solo shows - rendering such a tour almost pointless.
[Edited by Gazza]
11th October 2007 08:54 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thing is, considering the fact that hes become so conservative when it comes to choosing setlists for Stones shows in recent times in that hes so reluctant to play anything that in his eyes isnt instantly known, that problem is going to be magnified even further when playing solo shows - rendering such a tour almost pointless.
[Edited by Gazza]

Indeed. But then, on the same token, what's the point of making these records in the first place?
11th October 2007 09:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Indeed. But then, on the same token, what's the point of making these records in the first place?

BINGO!
11th October 2007 09:08 PM
StephenNYC The setlist would have no bearing whatsoever on the financial outcome of a Mick Jagger solo tour. The vast majority of fans could care less about the songs he sings. Jagger's biggest appeal is visual and rests in the eyes of his fans, not their ears.
11th October 2007 09:19 PM
Paranoid_Android You will see MICK preform LET'S WORK on AMERICAN IDOL next season and 2 years after that...dancing on DANCING w/ THE STARS!!!
11th October 2007 09:27 PM
Gazza >The setlist would have no bearing whatsoever on the financial outcome of a Mick Jagger solo tour.

Didnt say it would.

> The vast majority of fans could care less about the songs he sings.

You know that, and I know that - but try telling Mick that...

>Jagger's biggest appeal is visual and rests in the eyes of his fans, not their ears.

So people pay money to go to concerts to look but not to listen?
11th October 2007 09:37 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

dude

i am looking very forward to songs i've never heard before, so
don't sit there in your high chair telling me mick jagger ain't got no reason to come out with a nice greatest hits package.

he has every right to make this an effort..after all it is his very first time package.

11th October 2007 11:04 PM
The jinn, my friend. Venture srt 0.5
Mick is scared piss-less of fans friends and seems to be family money loud noises soft noises. black white, freedom of information act intelligence agencies. girls with asses girls without asses.
"I have been told ..."
"I have not been told ..."
11th October 2007 11:27 PM
Play With Fire
If he does tour, who will be in his band?
Hopefully not Joe "Baldy" Satriani on guitar again. That was pathetic.

11th October 2007 11:36 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Play With Fire wrote:

If he does tour, who will be in his band?
Hopefully not Joe "Baldy" Satriani on guitar again. That was pathetic.

Joey plays guiter?

Joey?

12th October 2007 05:14 AM
corgi37 This album is probably contractual, so i guess he "had" to release it. We all know no one gives a shit. I am not in the slightest interested in this.

Though i guess he COULD tour this. Opening act for Van Halen would be perfect!
12th October 2007 06:43 AM
gotdablouse
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Well I think that with the first one he was hoping to break free from the Stones , he thought they were a spent force at the time and he was jealous of Bowie, Jackson, etc...For the follow-ups it's a bit harder to understand why he bothered, although I'm glad he did for WS !
12th October 2007 07:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

Well I think that with the first one he was hoping to break free from the Stones , he thought they were a spent force at the time and he was jealous of Bowie, Jackson, etc...For the follow-ups it's a bit harder to understand why he bothered, although I'm glad he did for WS !

Your theory (which I agree with, especially as the Stones' CBS deal included provision for Jagger solo albums) regarding his first studio album also applies to 'Primitive Cool'

Several songs on that album are pretty much a farewell to his relationship with Keith, whether its poignant ('Party doll') or antagonistic ('Shoot off your mouth', 'Kow Tow')
12th October 2007 07:47 AM
gotdablouse Yes, but the sad thing is that he brought it upon himself, and his defence along the lines of "I don't know he's surprised it was part of the CBS deal". In theory by 1983 when the CBS deal was signed Keith had cleaned up so why didn't he call that solo album clause? There's something fishy here.

It was never the same again after that...although I remember that Nick Kent argued at the time of DW that they already hated each other's guts during the 1981 tour with the contractual clause that Mick had to vacate the stage during Keith's solo spot and that Keith kept Mick waiting between songs tuning his guitar...
12th October 2007 07:59 AM
Gazza I'm yet to be convinced about that 'contractual clause', personally.

Considering some of the other utter fiction Kent comes out with (eg - Keith hijacking the cherrypicker in Gothenburg and playing a 20 minute guitar solo, Keith punching Ronnie in the face at Wembley for messing up an intro) it could well be another piece of invention on his part.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)