ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kid Rock ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th October 2007 10:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels After not having been online much in the last few days I come back and notice that there are tons of Kid Rock articles in the news. What's up with that? He seems to be more important than I thought.
9th October 2007 10:06 PM
sirmoonie The great irony being that you didn't post one.
9th October 2007 10:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The great irony being that you didn't post one.

LOL.
One article was something about the songs in Kid Rock's ipod...that was amusing enough to post but I was in a hurry.
10th October 2007 07:16 AM
corgi37 Just another idiot who means nothing to anyone outside of Hickville, USA.

Other lamentables?

Dave Matthews
Travis Tritt
Trace Atkins

and that fucking Parrot Head cunt.
10th October 2007 08:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Hickville, USA.

?
What state's that in? Never been there myself. I try to avoid places like that. Even though it sounds like the corn whiskey might be good there.
10th October 2007 01:53 PM
Starbuck
10th October 2007 02:55 PM
doo doo doo Dude I have more respect for him after watching him kick the shit out of that nucklehead Tommy Lee

10th October 2007 03:12 PM
Saint Sway Kid Rock is this generations David Lee Roth.

In that he is a no talent, loud mouthed asshole, who is full of himself. Another "look at me" class clown who has somehow fooled enough people - including himself - into thinking he is a rock star.

He will be be Van Halen's 7th new front man in 2011
10th October 2007 03:53 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Kid Rock is this generations David Lee Roth.

In that he is a no talent, loud mouthed asshole, who is full of himself. Another "look at me" class clown who has somehow fooled enough people - including himself - into thinking he is a rock star.

Sway, are you Sammy Hagar?
10th October 2007 04:06 PM
Saint Sway

"Sam I Am"
by Sammy Hagar

Tried to be your paper boy
Tried to be your boy scout
Tried to be your ice cream man
I could not be your soldier
Or even drive your bus
My skills weren't always that obvious

Yeah, but I hope you understand
I'll do the best I can
I ain't no perfect man but Sam I am

I'm a back-talkin' fighter
A silver bullet biter
I'm a flip flop slider
And a guitar moonlighter
I'm your prove it all nighter
Your holy ghost writer
Pale of shade whiter
I'm your rock n roll driver oh yeah oh yeah
That's all I am

I Tried to be your oil man
Tried to be your big boss
Tried to be your broker but you took a loss
It's just a hopeless case
And I ain't no lawyer
I only got a few tricks I can show ya

And I hope you understand it
I'll do the best I can
I ain't no Superman but Sam I am..and I'm

A feel good doctor
A big bad talker
After midnight walker
Sittin on the bay docker

I'm a sunshine stalker
Hodaddy wave watcher
Heaven's door knocker
Blue, white, and red rocker oh yeah oh yeah
That's all I am

I tried to be everything to you
Yeah, but it would not would not do
I got nothin on my resume
But I can rock you and roll you each and every day
Have mercy on me
I am not sorry
Believe me, it's easy
I'll do my best to be a

Straight shot shooter
A bad motor scooter
Sunny honeymooner
Your heavy metal crooner
Make you wanna holler
Shirt with no collar
Wish I was a couple inches taller
White, blue, and red rocker oh yeah oh yeah

Uh I say yeah, yeah, yeah

That's all I am...
That's all I am...
Baby, baby, baby...Sam I Am.
10th October 2007 04:07 PM
Some Guy
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Sway, are you Sammy Hagar?

Rim!
10th October 2007 04:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Rim job?

Rim job!
10th October 2007 04:23 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Rim job!

!!
10th October 2007 04:26 PM
Some Guy
10th October 2007 05:20 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Actually, I downloaded his new album, Rock'n'Roll Jesus, and it's not that bad (mostly rock and some country with little or no rap)
10th October 2007 05:30 PM
fireontheplatter kid rock and corn whiskey......sure sounds good to me.
10th October 2007 07:52 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

?
What state's that in? Never been there myself. I try to avoid places like that. Even though it sounds like the corn whiskey might be good there.

New York State.
http://www.hicksvillechamber.com/
11th October 2007 07:39 AM
corgi37 What was Kid's little midget DJ's name? He croaked didnt he?
11th October 2007 09:45 AM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
What was Kid's little midget DJ's name? He croaked didnt he?

His name was Joe C
He died in his sleep at his parents house on November 16, 2000
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
11th October 2007 12:43 PM
glencar
quote:

?

There's a Hicksville, NY. It's way more sophisticated than Bumfuck, Maine.
11th October 2007 12:44 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Kid Rock is this generations David Lee Roth.

Great post. Kid Rock must self-terminate IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!
11th October 2007 01:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's way more sophisticated than Bumfuck, Maine.

Really. For sure. I have to agree with you on that...over the last 30 Plus years all those Massachusetts guys, New Yorkers and Rhode Islanders moving up here have really brought down the general level of sophistication.
11th October 2007 02:03 PM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The great irony being that you didn't post one.

He probably thought glencar already had it covered.
11th October 2007 02:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 10/11/07
08:47:40, Categories: Music News, AP Kid Rock Talks About Pam, The Fight, And Why He Wants To Stop Being Tabloid Fodder

NEW YORK (AP) - Despite selling millions of records and notching several hits, Kid Rock is better known these days for his tabloid antics than his music.

As anyone who keeps up with pop culture knows, he married Pamela Anderson last year, a union that ended quickly and disastrously. He recently accused of her of being a manipulator, and Anderson has already remarried. In addition, Kid Rock recently punched Anderson's ex, Tommy Lee, at the MTV Music Video Awards.

Now, the 36-year-old is trying to put the focus back on his music with the release of his sixth studio album, ''Rock N Roll Jesus.'' Rock sat down with The Associated Press to talk about why this album is a make-it-or-break-it disc for him, living the celebrity life and getting over Anderson.

AP: In the past, your music has not been genre specific. Does this album follow that same formula?

Rock: In my previous albums I have always touched on different genres whether it has been hip-hop, country and the rock element. On this one I just feel more comfortable in my own skin than I have ever felt as an artist, songwriter, as a father, just as a human being. This is the record that everything has come together on. The songwriting has really stepped up, the playing, the singing and all those genres that I've stepped in and been like a creative chameleon. It really kind of shines in this record in a great way. I think I really nailed it on this record.

AP: Are you afraid that your tabloid headlines will overshadow your music?

Rock: There is no question. I think it has in the last few years, definitely. The personal antics have overshadowed the music. I never wanted that but I knew what I was getting into when I got into everything I got into. The stove was hot and I wanted to touch it. I touched it and it burnt the hell out of me. I'm thankful that I proved myself in music which is my first love, my first passion before I got involved in this media, whatever you want to call it. I am hoping to bring it back to the music now.

AP: Are you worried that the damage is already done and no matter how hard you try, people who once were fans are not going to take you seriously?

Rock: I've always been honest enough with myself and my fans. They can see through what is real and what's not. People know that tabloids are just a form of entertainment. It's not truth. They are not looking for truth. They are not looking for the truth in US Weekly. It's just entertainment. Something to do while you are on the toilet.

AP: When you make headlines for doing bad things, such as slapping Tommy Lee, are you worried that your son is going to imitate you?

Rock: No. I'm not worried about headlines affecting my family, especially my son. He knows who I am. Whatever these things he is reading, he has a different perspective than the rest of the world just as a lot of my friends do. You can only go so far with a headline and there are two sides to every story, so I am not worried about it.

AP: Do you regret marring Pam Anderson?

Rock: No. I fell in love. It was a great thing to be in love. I was a complete idiot in love. I always say getting married was a ball. I had a blast getting married. Loved it so much I got married six or seven times or whatever it was. Being married sucked. Maybe for some people it is not meant to be.

AP: Will you allow a girl to steal your heart again?

Rock: I'm single and loving it. It is always weird talking about that stuff. When someone is talking about who they are going out with, I am always like, who cares? Talk about your music or something. Then I always get roped up in it. I love women and I love the women I have been with. I always try to be kind and cautious and treat people nice. Right now, I don't want to be tied down. I don't want to settle down. I don't want I love you.

AP: How much of the album was inspired by your failed relationship?

Rock: The best formula for revenge is success. It kind of made sense to me. As much as you don't want to say you are a vengeful person, when someone drags your name through the mud and plays press games and puts things out there like that, you are kind of like, alright. US Weekly will be gone next week, the songs I am writing won't.

AP: Eminem wrote about his ex Kim as well. Is there something in the water in Detroit?

Rock: It is a good point. I was trying to explain to someone. I have no problem with this, but I just wasn't raised a granola eating, peace love hippie type person. I'm from Michigan and was raised in and around Detroit where it is kind of you get respect and you give respect. That is how I feel today. I don't want to be some tough guy like, look who I punched out. I don't want that reputation, but I do believe in standing up for what you believe in and your family and your friends. I'm no saint but I do believe in what is right.

AP: Do you have any regrets about punching Tommy Lee?

Rock: No. I just don't.

AP: What constitutes success for you on this album?

Rock: I wouldn't be honest with myself if I said that it wouldn't hurt if this album didn't sell. It would. It would be painful because I think it is my best album to date. I think it is a great body of work, my best body of work that I have ever done. Of course I want people to show up to the concerts and I am sure for that to decline would be a difficult thing. I am scared of being broke and famous. I think that would be the biggest curse. ... that really scares the hell out of me. That helps me to make myself better and always try to improve as a songwriter and singer so I don't ever have to face that.

By ALICIA QUARLES Associated Press Writer

11th October 2007 02:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels AP: Do you regret marring Pam Anderson?

Rock: No. I fell in love. It was a great thing to be in love. I was a complete idiot in love. I always say getting married was a ball. I had a blast getting married. Loved it so much I got married six or seven times or whatever it was. Being married sucked. Maybe for some people it is not meant to be.

11th October 2007 03:20 PM
Saint Sway for those that have difficulty understanding Kid Rock-speak, I will translate the following interview into basic English.

quote:

AP: In the past, your music has not been genre specific. Does this album follow that same formula?

Rock: In my previous albums I have always touched on different genres whether it has been hip-hop, country and the rock element. On this one I just feel more comfortable in my own skin than I have ever felt as an artist, songwriter, as a father, just as a human being. This is the record that everything has come together on. The songwriting has really stepped up, the playing, the singing and all those genres that I've stepped in and been like a creative chameleon. It really kind of shines in this record in a great way. I think I really nailed it on this record.

TRANSLATION: "I've tried a lot of different musical styles. But in the end, it all comes out sounding like the same horse crap."

quote:

AP: Are you afraid that your tabloid headlines will overshadow your music?

Rock: There is no question. I think it has in the last few years, definitely. The personal antics have overshadowed the music. I never wanted that but I knew what I was getting into when I got into everything I got into. The stove was hot and I wanted to touch it. I touched it and it burnt the hell out of me. I'm thankful that I proved myself in music which is my first love, my first passion before I got involved in this media, whatever you want to call it. I am hoping to bring it back to the music now.

TRANSLATION: "No way dude. When you have as little talent as I do, you gotta exert every last bit of energy trying to drum up controversy to distract the public from the shit I put out.

quote:

AP: Are you worried that the damage is already done and no matter how hard you try, people who once were fans are not going to take you seriously?

Rock: I've always been honest enough with myself and my fans. They can see through what is real and what's not. People know that tabloids are just a form of entertainment. It's not truth. They are not looking for truth. They are not looking for the truth in US Weekly. It's just entertainment. Something to do while you are on the toilet.

TRANSLATION: "Dude, The Red States are overflowin with jackass' like me that buy this crap up and think its art. WTF man? Ain't you ever seen 'Cops'??"

quote:

AP: When you make headlines for doing bad things, such as slapping Tommy Lee, are you worried that your son is going to imitate you?

Rock: No. I'm not worried about headlines affecting my family, especially my son. He knows who I am. Whatever these things he is reading, he has a different perspective than the rest of the world just as a lot of my friends do. You can only go so far with a headline and there are two sides to every story, so I am not worried about it.

TRANSLATION: "I got so many kids runnin around that I don't even know half their names - much less care if they know whose ass I'm slappin"

quote:

TRANSLATION: "I knowingly fucked a girl with Hepatitis!! Now I live in a state of constant fear, dawg."

quote:

Rock: I'm single and loving it. It is always weird talking about that stuff. When someone is talking about who they are going out with, I am always like, who cares? Talk about your music or something. Then I always get roped up in it. I love women and I love the women I have been with. I always try to be kind and cautious and treat people nice. Right now, I don't want to be tied down. I don't want to settle down. I don't want I love you.

TRANSLATION: "I'll take whatever pussy I can get for however long my 15 minutes continues to last.... HIGH FIVE!!!"

quote:

AP: How much of the album was inspired by your failed relationship?

Rock: The best formula for revenge is success. It kind of made sense to me. As much as you don't want to say you are a vengeful person, when someone drags your name through the mud and plays press games and puts things out there like that, you are kind of like, alright. US Weekly will be gone next week, the songs I am writing won't.

TRANSLATION: "Here's the facts: US Weekly is printed on recycleable paper. I record non biodegradable dog shit and put it out on CDs that ruin the ozone forever."

quote:

AP: Eminem wrote about his ex Kim as well. Is there something in the water in Detroit?

Rock: It is a good point. I was trying to explain to someone. I have no problem with this, but I just wasn't raised a granola eating, peace love hippie type person. I'm from Michigan and was raised in and around Detroit where it is kind of you get respect and you give respect. That is how I feel today. I don't want to be some tough guy like, look who I punched out. I don't want that reputation, but I do believe in standing up for what you believe in and your family and your friends. I'm no saint but I do believe in what is right.

TRANSLATION: "Yes theres definately something toxic in the water here that turns nerdy white kids into annoying wiggers that think they can rap. It also makes our pants baggy."

quote:

AP: Do you have any regrets about punching Tommy Lee?

Rock: No. I just don't.

TRANSLATION: "I feel damn lucky that security intervened so quickly. Otherwise I probably would of pissed myself."

quote:

AP: What constitutes success for you on this album?

Rock: I wouldn't be honest with myself if I said that it wouldn't hurt if this album didn't sell. It would. It would be painful because I think it is my best album to date. I think it is a great body of work, my best body of work that I have ever done. Of course I want people to show up to the concerts and I am sure for that to decline would be a difficult thing. I am scared of being broke and famous. I think that would be the biggest curse. ... that really scares the hell out of me. That helps me to make myself better and always try to improve as a songwriter and singer so I don't ever have to face that.

TRANSLATION: "If my boy 10k Motels posts this interview on Rocks Off and Sway mockingly compares me to Roth then its all gravy brother. Bow zee bow zee bop! Zipity bop!!!"

[Edited by Saint Sway]
11th October 2007 03:55 PM
mrhipfl Kid Rock's albums actually have improved over the years. I truly think he cares about the music he makes nowadays. And the fact that he plays all the instruments on his album is pretty respectable too. imhfo
11th October 2007 03:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Kid Rock's albums actually have improved over the years. I truly think he cares about the music he makes nowadays. And the fact that he plays all the instruments on his album is pretty respectable too. imhfo

Son, take my advice and carefully put down that bud and slowly move away from the bong.

Everythings going to be OK....

just put on some Allman's and relax. Eventually this will pass and you will sober up again.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
11th October 2007 05:22 PM
mrhipfl I'm just sayin' man. *cough*

I mean take a look at this:

and compare it to this:

of course he's still not that great, but he's improving and getting more musical with every new album he makes.

but the fact that he refers to himself as the rock n' roll Jesus is a bunch bull, of course.
[Edited by mrhipfl]
11th October 2007 05:24 PM
Gazza
quote:

What did she ever see in him? Maybe she was dyslexic and thought he was called 'Rid Cock' ?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)