ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine a Light april 4th nationwide! Return to archive
9th October 2007 12:10 PM
Mr Jurkka In August, Paramount pictures announced that Shine A Light would be postponed for an April release.

It has just been revealed to RollingStones.com that the Martin Scorsese directed film, documenting two riveting Rolling Stones' performances at New York's legendary Beacon Theatre, is now scheduled to open in select theaters nationwide on April 4.
9th October 2007 12:19 PM
Gazza 'nationwide'

Love the way they assume all their members live in the same country.

Suppose its too much to expect news of release dates for the rest of the planet?

April 4th makes sense, though. Fits in well with the rumoured time frame for the shows around that time.

I presume 'select theatres' is rs.com spin for 'we dont expect it to make much of a commercial splash'
[Edited by Gazza]
9th October 2007 12:39 PM
gimmekeef Any word on the IMAX format?....or has that been scrubbed??
9th October 2007 12:56 PM
Stargroves Thank you Gazza, you saved me a rant about that "nationwide"
9th October 2007 01:06 PM
Dr. Pepper IMAX would be amazing
9th October 2007 06:39 PM
sammy davis jr. 12 people will see it on its premier.
9th October 2007 07:04 PM
fireontheplatter the closest imax theater to me is the big apple, so chances are i won't make it there. i will settle for my local theater.

i still look forward to the release. should be a goodie
10th October 2007 07:22 AM
corgi37 15 cinemas in the U.S. - none everywhere else. On dvd within a month.
10th October 2007 02:05 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Stargroves wrote:
Thank you Gazza, you saved me a rant about that "nationwide"

You only need the film in about 3 theatres in the UK for it to be "nationwaide"...you can drive across the island in about 4 hrs...LOL

The film was not shot in IMAX was it? Those folms turned into IMAX are not the same in appearance IMO. I would rather watch it in a large stadium seating house with the wide screen.

10th October 2007 02:11 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:
'nationwide'

Love the way they assume all their members live in the same country.

Suppose its too much to expect news of release dates for the rest of the planet?

April 4th makes sense, though. Fits in well with the rumoured time frame for the shows around that time.

I presume 'select theatres' is rs.com spin for 'we dont expect it to make much of a commercial splash'
[Edited by Gazza]

There's not going to be any shows by The Stones in support of a film. The rumors you hear and see about shows to support Shine a Light are indeed just rumors. The Stones do not tour behind concert films they have made. Thank goodness. The idea is kind-of stupid anyway and is not their style.

Take it from pa-pa

Ian
10th October 2007 02:53 PM
the harbor
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

There's not going to be any shows by The Stones in support of a film. The rumors you hear and see about shows to support Shine a Light are indeed just rumors. The Stones do not tour behind concert films they have made. Thank goodness. The idea is kind-of stupid anyway and is not their style.

Take it from pa-pa

Ian

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,817140

Wrong again Ian.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)