ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sony Bravia & RS Tv Ad! Return to archive
9th October 2007 11:00 AM
Madafaka Enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je09ldiwgv0
9th October 2007 11:48 AM
jostorm Thanks for posting this. I suppose that if you are going to be mega-greedy and sell "She's like a Rainbow" for an advert, then this one is certainly brilliant...There's another clip on the same page that shows how it was done, A_MA_ZING...There's little me thinking that it is all computer-simulated nowadays, but it actually took 2.5 tonnes of plasticine and 40 animators...very nice job, too...and it looks like more fun than I ever have on an average work day......
9th October 2007 11:50 AM
Madafaka The ad were did in Stopmotion. Really hard to do!
9th October 2007 12:01 PM
jostorm I can imagine. Very, very nice on the creativity level, and you'd never think from watching it that they actually had to haul a gigantic 30foot rabbit on a lorry through the New York night, would you??? I'd love to do shit like this...
PLUS: the chicken-question remains unanswered, but I finally know why the rabbit crossed the road...
9th October 2007 12:05 PM
CraigP I remember Apple used this song for those rainbow colored IMac computers in the late 90's.
9th October 2007 12:07 PM
Gazza It's release and the reissue of "Rolled Gold" next month on CD (with extra tracks) is probably no coincidence.
9th October 2007 12:49 PM
gimmekeef FFS...I wanna buy a TV not rabbitts...These commercials that dont show the product till the end always make me think they're hiding something....with Sony its usually the price or some non compatible proprietary software...Arent the Stones running out of songs to sell?
9th October 2007 02:54 PM
Madafaka
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
FFS...I wanna buy a TV not rabbitts...These commercials that dont show the product till the end always make me think they're hiding something....with Sony its usually the price or some non compatible proprietary software...Arent the Stones running out of songs to sell?

They dind't show you the product indeed. The creativity of this commercial is about COLORS!
9th October 2007 02:56 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

They dind't show you the product indeed. The creativity of this commercial is about COLORS!

Yes.lol.but I get great color from my 65 inch Mitsubishi HD TV....What makes this Sony better?.....thats my point....
9th October 2007 03:07 PM
Madafaka
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Yes.lol.but I get great color from my 65 inch Mitsubishi HD TV....What makes this Sony better?.....thats my point....

Nothing at all! It's just a MKT thing.
BTW, are Sony more expensive than anothers in USA?
9th October 2007 05:02 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Nothing at all! It's just a MKT thing.
BTW, are Sony more expensive than anothers in USA?

Yes they are Mada,..usually 15-20%....but they do make good sets and they last a long time.....
10th October 2007 12:19 PM
Madafaka
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Yes they are Mada,..usually 15-20%....but they do make good sets and they last a long time.....

Thanx! Good to know it. Same down here.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)