ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mr. Jimmy has died? Return to archive
9th October 2007 07:39 AM
Tom http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/mr_jimmy_hutmacher_dies_at_75.html?200710080236
9th October 2007 09:39 AM
GotToRollMe Yep, RIP Mr. Jimmy.
9th October 2007 04:38 PM
Saint Sway I didnt realize Mick wrote YCAGWYW in 1964

oh yeah...

he didnt

in fact, he wasnt even writing ANY songs back then

that story is total crap

"my friend Jimmy" and "Mr Jimmy" are Jimmy Miller

Gazza can confirm or denounce this

[Edited by Saint Sway]
9th October 2007 04:50 PM
mrhipfl I always thought it was about Jimi Hendrix.
9th October 2007 07:54 PM
Tom
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I didnt realize Mick wrote YCAGWYW in 1964

The incident was in 1964 and Mick wrote the lyrics later
9th October 2007 08:00 PM
Nellcote I'm hip to Mr. Jimmy being a old friend, not the 1st time I heard this.
9th October 2007 08:08 PM
gorda I could never figure out who Mr. Jimmy was. A lot other musicians refer to him in their music. (e.g. Green Day,)
9th October 2007 08:23 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I always thought that the Mr. Jimmy reference was a nod to either Jimmy Miller and/or James Phelge (well, according to Mr. Phelge's book, it was about him). The only one who really knows is Mick.
10th October 2007 07:17 AM
corgi37 total crap!!!!!!!!!
10th October 2007 07:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I didnt realize Mick wrote YCAGWYW in 1964

oh yeah...

he didnt

in fact, he wasnt even writing ANY songs back then

that story is total crap

"my friend Jimmy" and "Mr Jimmy" are Jimmy Miller

Gazza can confirm or denounce this

Always thought that was the most likely candidate. Have to say this 'theory' is a new one on me. Sounds pretty implausible.
10th October 2007 01:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Tom wrote:

The incident was in 1964 and Mick wrote the lyrics later

this theory is nonsense

its ridiculous to think that Mick Jagger went in to buy a cherry cola at a soda shop in 1964 ***and then *** FIVE YEARS LATER --- FIVE YEARS FILLED WITH LSD USE, HASH, POT, PILLS, ARRESTS, DEBAUCHERY.... THE WILDEST YEARS OF HIS LIFE etc --- he sat down to write a song and thought back to that event... "hmm... remember that time five years ago when I wanted a cherry cola and they didnt have any.... hmmmm... what was that nice blokes name behind the counter?? Ah yes! Jimmy! Thats it! What was it he said to me?? Oh yeah! 'Ya cant always get what ya want!' Hey that would be a great hook! Quick I better call Keith..."

c'mon man

if you buy that then PM me about the Bridges to Babylon bridge. I'd like to sell it to you.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)