ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Peter Tosh in Waiting On a Friend video? Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th October 2007 10:22 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Not reliable backup references for this issue. I've laid out two solid reason why this can not be Tosh (Height and the fact he was across the damn country playing a gig in Santa Cruz the night before).

Also, if memory serves, Tosh and the Stones had fallen out by summer of '81. I'll have to look that one up.

Good point. By Mama Africa in 1983 he was off the Rolling Stones label.

I think Bockris' book says that Tosh pulled a gun on Keith sometime in summer of 1981, so if true, its unlikely they were friendly, hanging out on NYC stoops in July. But I need to confirm that and don't have Bockris at work for some reason.
10th October 2007 10:32 AM
Some Guy can someone confirm something, damn it??
10th October 2007 10:32 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Good point. By Mama Africa in 1983 he was off the Rolling Stones label.

I think Bockris' book says that Tosh pulled a gun on Keith sometime in summer of 1981, so if true, its unlikely they were friendly, hanging out on NYC stoops in July. But I need to confirm that and don't have Bockris at work for some reason.

Yes. The incident where Tosh trashed Keiths house in Jamaica was around this time too, I think. Bad blood be boilin' around this time.
10th October 2007 10:46 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
can someone confirm something, damn it??

I can truly , TRULY confirm that I have now completed my morning shit ( JoeyLog : 10-10-07 ; 9:43 AM CDT )

** PHEW !! **

Brown Stinky ! ™
10th October 2007 10:48 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Yes. The incident where Tosh trashed Keiths house in Jamaica was around this time too, I think. Bad blood be boilin' around this time.

Another good point...but I think your first was the most significant...Tosh was a big man compared to Mick...6'4 vs. a fudged 5'10 (probably closer to 5'8)...then there's the whole "they all look alike" factor...
10th October 2007 11:22 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Another good point...but I think your first was the most significant...Tosh was a big man compared to Mick...6'4 vs. a fudged 5'10 (probably closer to 5'8)...then there's the whole "they all look alike" factor...

Indeed. I'm almost positive the two others are Scatman Crothers and Rodney Allen Rippey...
10th October 2007 11:46 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Indeed. I'm almost positive the two others are Scatman Crothers and Rodney Allen Rippey...

Rippey?...I thought that was Flip Wilson
10th October 2007 12:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Rippey?...I thought that was Flip Wilson

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th October 2007 01:27 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

IT'S SLY & ROBBIE
10th October 2007 06:24 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

IT'S SLY & ROBBIE

Perks ......................................

I friggin swear !!!!!

H.R.Puffin Joe ..
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)