ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: And the WORST song(s) in Stones history goes to... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th October 2007 04:40 PM
real wild child Miss You and The Undercover album...Mick´s solos are not in the thread...
7th October 2007 04:40 PM
mrhipfl might as well get juiced
7th October 2007 04:43 PM
MrPleasant Brian wrote a song, didn't he? And everybody hated it.
7th October 2007 04:56 PM
BILL PERKS BABY BREAK IT DOWN
7th October 2007 04:58 PM
Bloozehound Streets of Love
7th October 2007 05:16 PM
Throwaway
quote:
real wild child wrote:
Miss You and The Undercover album...Mick´s solos are not in the thread...

Live perhaps, though Wanna Hold You, UC, and She Was Hot have come off well on stage. Have you not heard "Anyway you look at (sh)it"??? Or stuff from Their Satanic Majesties???
7th October 2007 05:53 PM
BONOISLOVE But: where do the worst songs go to?
7th October 2007 06:22 PM
Glimmer Twin Always Suffering
7th October 2007 06:39 PM
no night together Brand new car (from vodoo lounge for the lucky ones tha could erase it from memory)
7th October 2007 06:45 PM
andrews27 Laugh? I Nearly Died. Ultimate miscalculation of audience, on the level of War Baby solo

Let's have an old fashioned Stones record: 10 tracks, six covers, four originals.

[Edited by andrews27]
7th October 2007 06:52 PM
Torn and Frayed No way, "Laugh, I Nearly Died" is one of the best tracks on Bigger Bang.
7th October 2007 06:56 PM
andrews27
quote:
Torn and Frayed wrote:
No way, "Laugh, I Nearly Died" is one of the best tracks on Bigger Bang.

See "Ultimate miscalculation of audience." By drama queen.

Another candidate: "Where the boys all go" - cacaphonous forgetting of one's own age *and* miscalculation of audience. Crossfading ruins following excellent "Down in the Hole."
[Edited by andrews27]
7th October 2007 07:51 PM
andrews27
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
But: where do the worst songs go to?

Where the boys all go...
7th October 2007 08:02 PM
gotdablouse Whatever that Keith thing is called at the end of ABB...oh yes, Infamy, wow what an apt title, he managed to produce something ever worse than "Losing My Touch" and "Thief in the Night" combined, no mean feat!
7th October 2007 08:22 PM
cabledogg2 any song off of "GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT" the whole album is just awful...........just these particular versions
7th October 2007 08:35 PM
Brainbell Jangler This issue has been settled. There are, it appears, two types of Stones fans:

1. Those who know that "Anyway You Look At It" is the worst song the Rolling Stones have ever released; and

2. Those who have not heard "Anyway You Look At It."
7th October 2007 08:56 PM
Erik_Snow My vote goes to Any Way You Look At It
7th October 2007 08:58 PM
fireontheplatter indian girl
sweathearts together
that gunface song off of bridges

theres three off the top of my head. there are two or three others i can't stand
7th October 2007 09:02 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Torn and Frayed wrote:
No way, "Laugh, I Nearly Died" is one of the best tracks on Bigger Bang.

I'll second that!
7th October 2007 09:11 PM
gypsy
quote:
no night together wrote:
Brand new car (from vodoo lounge for the lucky ones tha could erase it from memory)

I always thought Brand New Car would be a good song for a stripper to dance to.
7th October 2007 09:17 PM
andrews27 The great thing about "Anyway you look at it" is the bridge part, where, when you're expecting Mick to sing again, Keith's voice comes sliding in seamlessly. You can play this for people and they'll be disappointed by the simple and repetitious lyric, but when Keith comes in they'll go "Wow!" and ask to hear that part again.

The repetitiousness may just be a clever set-up for that surprise moment, lulling you into writing the song off. On the other hand, we always give these guys credit for being smarter than they are.

We can be prejudiced toward "Anyway" because everybody bought the CD single for this previously unheard bonus track. Under high expectations, one moment can't save the song. But if they'd slipped it in as a Beatles-style lullabye at the end of a long new CD, we might all be going "Wow!"

Let's pick on another repetitious lyric instead: "Send it to Me."
[Edited by andrews27]
7th October 2007 09:40 PM
gotdablouse here's another one "she saw me coming" !

Good points about "Anyway You Look at It", pretty boring I must say good thing MP3s were already around in 1997!

Wonder what happened to that other B2B outtake, "Everchanging World", it was supposed to be a bonus track in Japan...
7th October 2007 09:47 PM
Soldatti I can name 3, only from ABB:

Streets Of Love
She Saw Me Coming
Sweet Neocon

Awful stuff.
7th October 2007 09:53 PM
pdog
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
This issue has been settled. There are, it appears, two types of Stones fans:

1. Those who know that "Anyway You Look At It" is the worst song the Rolling Stones have ever released; and

2. Those who have not heard "Anyway You Look At It."

Yup
7th October 2007 09:57 PM
andrews27 Thief in the Night has great atmosphere, especially in the one-two punch with How Can I Stop. That's what I meant above about a "lullabye" ending - a little like "Winter" followed by "Can You Hear the Music" on GHS.
7th October 2007 10:22 PM
ShaneJazz For me at least, it's definitely Dangerous Beauty, followed by She Saw Me Coming. There are some clunkers on Black and Blue and It's Only Rock 'n Roll, but they still maintain the classic Stones vibe, so they don't appear on the worst list.
8th October 2007 01:55 AM
M.O.W.A.T. 1. Winning Ugly
2. Flip the Switch
3. Everything off of Satanic Majesties except: Sing this All Together (the first bit), Citadel, She's A Rainbow, 2000 Man and 2000 Light Years from Home.

8th October 2007 02:08 AM
The_Worst "Back To Zero" is the worse song in Stones history. It's not even up for debate!!
8th October 2007 03:35 AM
IanBillen
"Too rude" was never one of my favs. "You don't have to mean it" is also kinda silly. I guess I don't particularly care for Keith's raggae type stuff.

Ian
8th October 2007 06:12 AM
corgi37 Winning Ugly is so obvious.

So i'll go with In another land.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)