ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let it Bleed - When Keith was da "King"! Return to archive
6th October 2007 07:27 PM
gotdablouse Listened to LIB again the other day and reading the liner notes, I was amazed to find out that Keith was the only guitarist on most of the tracks...amazing parts all over, GS, MR, MM, LWM, etc..can it be the same man who committed the boring guitar parts on ABB? What a drag it is...and we all are but fortunately for the fans and unfortunately for the bank account don't have to live up to a past like Keith's!
6th October 2007 10:59 PM
MrPleasant Especially "You got the silver".

I like to listen to the plastic with the alternate track list (as "misprinted" by the ABKCO).. I prefer how it sort of slowly grows from a relaxed, comic mood, to nearly operatic.
6th October 2007 11:57 PM
Bruno I believe Let It Bleed was Keith´s best moment in his whole career.

Pick a headphone and listen to what the fucker did in Monkey Man!

I don´t even wanna coment on Gimme Shelter, hehe. One of his best solos. It has the same thing I like in Dangerous Beauty: a few notes, but they are all the right ones. Sheer feeling.

7th October 2007 02:16 AM
Child of the Moon Agreed, from top to bottom. I marvel at Keith's playing every time I listen to Let It Bleed. The man was on a high in so many different ways - musically, creatively, etc.

I recently turned someone on to the Stones - a friend of my sister's, who had no prior love for the band - via this album. He thanked me profusely for delivering such a prfoundly moving musical message.
7th October 2007 07:57 PM
gotdablouse Yes, he hadn't played like that before, and I don't think he ever played like that again...I wonder if Ry Cooder didn't play more than the Mandoline on LIV.

Interesting point about Dangerous Beauty, I'm not very impressed by the guitar throughout the track, heck it might be Mick playing for all we know, but that 5 second Keith solo is great, too bad it doesn't last 30 seconds, I guess he had a flash of brilliance and they just stuck it there.

I guess what saved B2B for me was Waddy's excellent playing, nothing like Keith on LIB, but these little touches that make a guitar part great and carry a tune. I'm fed up with that whole "weaving" thing they've been selling since 1977, there was no friggin' weaving on LIB!
9th October 2007 10:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Life was much simpler back then. One could actually get excited about Rock n Roll.
10th October 2007 05:47 AM
gotdablouse Yep, still meant something...now it's just a biz and the Stones probably are the worst incarnation of that.

Back to Waddy Wachtel, listened to SOM yesterday and it has to be him playing in the right channel, marvellous part.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)