ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Taylor Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
8th October 2007 05:36 PM
Fiji Joe Mick T gave the stones a dimension that propelled them to a greatness beyond that which they already were...It's ridiculous to argue otherwise...he upped the ante...but Ronnie???...please...he's done nothing to add to their catalog...not a damn thing...and as "boring" as some of you think he is now, take a good listen to Keef lately...boring is one thing, but sucking gnat balls is quite another...
8th October 2007 05:38 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Bitch wrote:

As an old time fan, I agree with this statement. The Taylor years WERE the best Stones years! Anyone who is posting on this thread without actually having heard MT play live as a RS does NOT know that they are talking about! THose lucky enough to experience MT's bigtime stage presence would agree he was equal to JAGGER or KEEF as a driving force. You really cant judge by the studio albums. IMO

I never saw Mick T live...but I've heard Brussels Affair and various other boots and yeah...what Mick T added was magic...he was doing things that both Ronnie and Keef and their "ancient art of weaving" hroseshit can't do together...even when they are sober

8th October 2007 06:01 PM
Erik_Snow OLDKR, I mistakingly thought you wrote the post on top of page 2, but you quoted somebody else I see now.
Uh - so I'm sorry for sounding so harsh
8th October 2007 09:14 PM
texile
quote:
Boogie-Woogie wrote:
i really doubt they would have managed to reach that status they had in the 70s(and the abbility to find yound hangers on like me) without taylor back then...

\

true, i was 13 in 1979 and i fell in love with the stones but knew nothing except some girls.
in those early discoveries - like studying the pictures inside the hot rocks lp cover - MT always seemed out of place.
'who is that guy?'
he didn't FIT with the others somehow....
but it was taylor's work on sticky fingers (my first real stones album) that first just made the music bigger to me.
9th October 2007 06:17 AM
Boogie-Woogie you would think im crazy when i tell you i did not like the stones before i got "LET IT BLEED", i know taylor did not play a lot on this record, but after this i just seemed to gettting better with every single record until exile;-)

beggars was the shit too(and afterwards the first rnb records too);-) and it was so great to discover the band!"why are they on the same level as the beatles" i thought back then...today i know it better;-)
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)