ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th 2005
© Kim Smith with thanks to Montana!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones NME 1968 FOOTAGE Return to archive
26th September 2007 08:10 AM
Boogie-Woogie hi, i just heard that there exists some footage from th NME poll winners cincert from 1968 with some stones content!
ive never seen this footage and i have seen a lot!anybody knows on which bootleg i can get thia footage...youtube doesnt have it:-(
26th September 2007 09:00 AM
Honky Tonk Man If any footage exists at all, its not in circulation. Their '66 appearance wasn't even filmed.
26th September 2007 12:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm making Voodoo magic all days to have this on clear-definition and high-fidelity DVD... it was the live debut of Jumping Jack Flash... and with Brian Jones!!
26th September 2007 02:07 PM
Boogie-Woogie you have it?
27th September 2007 08:54 AM
guitarman53 Would love to see this.
27th September 2007 11:47 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER They also played Satisfaction
27th September 2007 05:24 PM
Boogie-Woogie but where to get that footage?
27th September 2007 05:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man There is no circulating footage.
27th September 2007 06:06 PM
Gazza Whilst the Stones didnt consent for their appearance to be filmed as part of the TV broadcast of the event (similar to what they and the Beatles did at the 1966 show), a couple of clips from the show were broadcast on "Time for Blackburn" on BBC (Southern) a few days later, plus an interview with Mick. Thats the only film there is.

I've never seen it (although I think I've heard the audio) and as far as I know no video of it has ever surfaced.
28th September 2007 07:03 AM
corgi37 Maybe it was taped over? They did that a lot in the old days to save money.
28th September 2007 07:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since there ain't no video here some pix

28th September 2007 07:54 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
28th September 2007 07:54 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
28th September 2007 07:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
28th September 2007 09:53 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

WOAH! Great shot!

Is Mick throwing a shoe? If so...even better! LOL!
28th September 2007 11:17 AM
Philip This appearance also marks the first/one and only time Keith played live with the stones using open E tuning.

A short clip of the stones, along with other acts from the day appeared in a BBC series called Todays The Day back in the 1990's.
28th September 2007 02:18 PM
Gazza
quote:

That pic is in the Scaduto Jagger bio as I recall.
28th September 2007 02:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Maybe it was taped over? They did that a lot in the old days to save money.

BBC tended to do that (which is why there are only five Stones 'Top of the Pops' performances in their archives).

However, the NME Pollwinners Concert always tended to be shown on ITV (or whatever names it went by in those days). Quite a few of them survive. The Stones played the show four times (1964,65,66 and 68) but only the first two circulate.

In 1966 both the Beatles and the Stones played the show and to avoid any pissing contests over top billing, the Stones closed the first half of the show and then the Beatles closed the second half. Both of them refused permission to allow their performance to be filmed for broadcast.

In '68, the Stones, as far as I know, again didnt give permission for their two song set (JJF/Satisfaction) to be included in the broadcast of the event, but just a couple of clips appeared on the show I mentioned above.
30th September 2007 07:42 AM
corgi37 Thanks Gazza. I recall reading that they taped over alot of old Dr. Who episodes. Same thing happened here in Oz. So many historical stuff was lost.

As for the NME 68 show, i have a great photo somewhere in a book. It's Jagger bending over and singing. Fucked if i can find it right now though. It has been maybe my fave pic of him ever.
30th September 2007 11:33 AM
Lord (Hetero)
quote:

It looks as if someone painted all the mouths over.
BTw How do we know that this is the first and only time Keith played in OpenE?
1st October 2007 07:21 AM
Philip Well, apart from that NME two song 'gig' when they next played live at the r&r circus he used standard tuning, and from then on ie Hyde Park till now he's used standard and open G.

No recordings I have heard of the band live has featured Keith using open E tuning since that NME appearance. If you have a show where he does, let me know please!

7th October 2007 04:26 AM
Child of the Moon This would certainly be a holy grail for collectors. I'm sure this show has featured in my dreams once or twice.
8th October 2007 02:06 PM
Jumping Jack My Holy Grail would be a pristine copy of L&G, Brussels 73, LA 75, and
8th October 2007 10:54 PM
GhostofBrianJones There is a video of the 1967 Milan concert, not much light but excellent
on YouTube. Have it.
9th October 2007 01:46 AM
Zack
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
This would certainly be a holy grail for collectors. I'm sure this show has featured in my dreams once or twice.

Especially if Brian played the Popeye theme instead of Satisfaction.
9th October 2007 12:51 PM
Boogie-Woogie the real holy grail would be the whole MSG 1969 gig on dvd!!!

still hope they release the footage soon...
10th October 2007 08:18 AM
corgi37 That would require them retiring.

So i say.

RETIRE FUCKERS!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)