ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fox News BLASTS slow sales of Stones' new album Return to archive
October 14th, 2005 10:06 AM
Joey " McCartney, Stones, Streisand: Few CD Sales "

" The numbers are in, and they are not good. Combined sales for new albums by established hitmakers of the past totaled less than a quarter million. The news should have the record business in a frenzy. But it doesn’t.

New albums by Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones, less than a month old, are already out of the Top 50.

Crushed by lack of radio play, "Chaos and Confusion in the Back Yard" and "A Bigger Bang" made little difference to fans that paid upward of $250 a ticket to see either act in concert this fall.

McCartney’s album is around the 160,000 mark. The Stones are just a little bit ahead, around 220,000. "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,172235,00.html

October 14th, 2005 10:11 AM
Nellcote 'sup Joey?
Notre Dame or USC?
Two former Patriot coaches battle...
October 14th, 2005 10:24 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
'sup Joey?
Notre Dame or USC?
Two former Patriot coaches battle...

SUP Nellcote

Notre Dame
October 14th, 2005 10:25 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT only one successful one with rings.... in the NFL that is
October 14th, 2005 11:16 AM
Joey
quote:
eXiLe oN 2nD sT wrote:
only one successful one with rings.... in the NFL that is

Damn Straight My Stonesian Brother !!!!!!

October 14th, 2005 11:31 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" McCartney, Stones, Streisand: Few CD Sales "

" The numbers are in, and they are not good. Combined sales for new albums by established hitmakers of the past totaled less than a quarter million. The news should have the record business in a frenzy. But it doesn’t.

New albums by Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones, less than a month old, are already out of the Top 50.

Crushed by lack of radio play, "Chaos and Confusion in the Back Yard" and "A Bigger Bang" made little difference to fans that paid upward of $250 a ticket to see either act in concert this fall.

McCartney’s album is around the 160,000 mark. The Stones are just a little bit ahead, around 220,000. "

do the press actually expect that these releases will go multiplatinum within hours of release? Most of the people have at least one or two cds of the stones, after going to see a concert, the common fan (not us) would probably buy:
Hot ROcks
40 Licks
Through the Past Darkly
Beggars Banquet
Sticky Fingers
Exile
Some Girls
Let it Bleed
or even Flashpoint

before buying ABB.

this article is a bust.
October 14th, 2005 12:13 PM
2000 Man
quote:
Joey wrote:

Fox doesn't even fact check their own articles? Isn't "a quarter million" 250,000? I'm pretty sure it is. Isn't 160,000 pretty close to that, at least near 2/3's? I'm pretty sure it is. Isn't 220,000 even closer? Isn't 220,000 plus 160,000 pretty close to 380,000? By my calculations that's closer to "a half million?"

I get the point that the sales of older rock acts aren't that great, but do they think people can't read and do simple math? How little do they think of their audience?
October 14th, 2005 12:34 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
2000 Man wrote:

Fox doesn't even fact check their own articles? ...

...How little do they think of their audience?

ahhh Not much.

Not that a lot of Americans care BUT as a Canadian I can tell you that they often lie about Canadian facts. It used to bother me but now I think it's hilarious that people actually believe what they hear on Fox news. For me, they provide bigger laughs than the Comedy Network.
October 14th, 2005 12:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Joey wrote:

What a bunch of idiots, out of the US Top 50?
Macca is #38 this week and the Stones #49, what a big lie.
Total sales for ABB in US: 277,647
Total sales for Macca: 200,222

A Bigger Bang was certified PLATINUM according to Billboard for shipments of 1 million copies.
October 14th, 2005 02:10 PM
Some Guy That new Kanye West song is hot
October 14th, 2005 02:23 PM
Joey " I get the point that the sales of older rock acts aren't that great, but do they think people can't read and do simple math? How little do they think of their audience? "

You raise an interesting point my Jacob's Field loving , steak cooking , Dirty Work listening , " Tommy " Exhibit at the R&RHOF attending , C10'er - ing pal .

The Wall Was Just Warmed Over Arthur !

Word !

Sassy ! ™
October 14th, 2005 03:22 PM
gimmekeef Must be smoke screen to keep the focus off Rove,Frist and Delay!..or Deeeeelayyyyy
October 14th, 2005 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Must be smoke screen to keep the focus off Rove,Frist and Delay!..or Deeeeelayyyyy

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)