ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Laugh, I nearly Shat!..I mean, died Return to archive
October 14th, 2005 03:22 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Its my favourite song on ABB and is a sleeping giant.

Not many people talk it up, but it is superb.
October 14th, 2005 03:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Its my favourite song on ABB and is a sleeping giant.

Not many people talk it up, but it is superb.

HI VS!
i agree with you, this song got a great feeling, but IMHO misses a good guitar solo.
anyway the clear guitar sound is superb!!
October 14th, 2005 03:45 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Thats exactly what I think. If there was a solo in that song, not a long one, maybe even a Ronnie solo, as clear as the rest of the guitar, it would be so much stronger.

Jaggers voice is top notch in that tune though. I reckon they recorded that last of all.
October 14th, 2005 03:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Thats exactly what I think. If there was a solo in that song, not a long one, maybe even a Ronnie solo, as clear as the rest of the guitar, it would be so much stronger.

Jaggers voice is top notch in that tune though. I reckon they recorded that last of all.

and the fact Mick do the BV too is so cool...and I love the end with the four(?)voices.
October 14th, 2005 04:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Not many people talk it up.

ya think? The impression I got after reading everyone's reviews of the album when it came out was that it was overwhelmingly recognised by most fans as the best track on the entire album.

Which it is.
October 14th, 2005 05:00 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I must have missed those reviews.
Its really the only song on ABB that I listen to these days. Thats not to say that I dont like the album. I think the album is solid. But when you compare Let Me Down Slow and Laugh, there is a huge gulf in quality there
October 14th, 2005 11:41 AM
gimmekeef Initially I loved this song..but it hasnt stayed with me like Dangerous Beauty and ONNYA or even Drivin Too Fast...But the diverse opinions on the songs is what truly makes this a great and over time potentially a classic album.
October 14th, 2005 11:47 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

ya think? The impression I got after reading everyone's reviews of the album when it came out was that it was overwhelmingly recognised by most fans as the best track on the entire album.

Which it is.

I remember reading a lot about that too, It is not my favorite on the album, but definitely top 3 or 4 behind Let Me Down Slow, Back of My Hand, and perhaps ONNYA
October 14th, 2005 06:34 PM
texile
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Initially I loved this song..but it hasnt stayed with me like Dangerous Beauty and ONNYA or even Drivin Too Fast...But the diverse opinions on the songs is what truly makes this a great and over time potentially a classic album.

my sentiments exactly keef - onnya and dangerous beauty kick ass in a timeless way....lind just lumbers along with no real passion.......and jagger's using that "psuedo-soul" mannered voice - anf that kills it.
October 14th, 2005 07:05 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Thats exactly what I think. If there was a solo in that song, not a long one, maybe even a Ronnie solo, as clear as the rest of the guitar, it would be so much stronger.

I think that comment holds true for most of ABB, it would have been a much stronger album if either Keith or Ronnie had spent some time crafting stong guitar lines/leads. Since Ronnie is really not involved much in the creation process these days, actually starting with SW, it's really Keith's failing it seems.
October 14th, 2005 07:44 PM
Soldatti Not my favorite, but in my Top 5 behind of RJ, LMDS and ONNYA.
October 14th, 2005 07:44 PM
exile yes its agreat song.

at the moment Im addicted to Drivin too fast & ONNYA
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)