ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Studio versions of outakes? Return to archive
October 13th, 2005 09:50 PM
exile Would Stones fans like yourselfs like to hear new studio versions of Outakes like

Criss Cross Mind
I need You
I think Im going mad
Travelin man
Yellow Cab
Livin in the heart of Love

Or do you think they are best left as outakes

I know this will never happen but its an interesting thought
October 13th, 2005 10:04 PM
Gazza Not if its at the expense of NEW material

Most outtakes are outtakes for a very good reason. Most of the ones you've listed above, however, are pretty good

If they're going to release those songs I'd rather it was as a multi-disc collection of outtakes from the original masters for the purposes of them being a snapshot of the era they were recorded in, not have them re-done decades later.
October 13th, 2005 10:42 PM
exile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Most outtakes are outtakes for a very good reason.

Yes i agree with you a lot of the others are quite average and the ones i listed were probably the best of a large bunch.

It was just an intersting idea i was thinking about

This new rareites CD sounds good but wouldnt it be better if they dtched the live tracks and put on some these above average outakes
October 13th, 2005 11:27 PM
JerryT You left off the best of them all. Spare Parts. I would like to hear that cleaned up and mixed right.
October 13th, 2005 11:49 PM
Riffhard Welcome to the board Jerry. You have just stolen your first post! LOL! No Spare Parts was exactly what I was going to say. That is such a killer tune. I am stunned that they did not knock it into shape. It had all the elements of a great Stones country track. I think that the reason that they never finished it was because they already had Far Away Eyes in the can for the Some Girls album and did not another country tune. It's a shame because while I like Far Away Eyes alot,I think that No Spare Parts was a much stronger tune emotionaly. Far Away Eyes was a little poke at country and very tongue and cheek. Whereas No Spare Parts had a real grit to it.

Shit maybe it's better that they left it alone. I'd hate to have seen them over polish it,and take all balls out of it.

Riffy
October 14th, 2005 01:42 AM
DAVINO Damn, I haven't heard any of those tunes...
October 14th, 2005 01:56 AM
pdog I think I'm Going Mad is a b-side of She Was Hot, officially released!
October 14th, 2005 02:37 AM
exile I have not heard "No Spare Parts"
is there a link anywhere?

Id love to see Crisss Cross Mind on that rareites CD its a killer song. Why would they decide not to release that?

"I need You" is obviously too rough to release and if they tried to polish that one up I think they would wreck it. That ones best left as it is. I love it though.
October 14th, 2005 03:36 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
exile wrote:

Id love to see Crisss Cross Mind on that rareites CD its a killer song. Why would they decide not to release that?

It seems this cd is mostly all previously released shit, b-sides and "dance" mixes, maybe some of those live songs are considered "rare", but it's not a "bootleg/outtake" rarities type disc like I think most were expecting

There still alot to be desired, wish they'd scratched those live tracks and given us the real meat on the bone, where's Everythings Turing to Gold, Jump on Top of Me, I'm Gonna Drive, and Cook Cook Blues ect..

Screw that ABB fluff, the Stones are over studio-wise as far as I'm concerened. I was really looking forward to this cd, if virgin had done it right it could of been the best Stones album in 20+ years
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)