ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guilty Pleasures Return to archive
October 12th, 2005 06:39 AM
Voodoo Scrounge OK guys and girls. We all have a few albums in our collection which we try to hide or pass off as another family member's when a friend comes round.

My albums would have to be

Pet Shop Boys
Annie Lennox
Duran Duran
Bon Jovi

Im probably on my own, but anyone else care to confess.

Ah to be out of the closet of bad album ownership!
October 12th, 2005 07:32 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well I don't have much in the way of "bad" albums, I do have..."The Best of Abba" and "The Symphonic Music of The Rolling Stones"....if they count.

October 12th, 2005 07:33 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think the abba one may count
October 12th, 2005 09:17 AM
egon i've got 3 (that's right three) the corrs albums,
and i don't know why.

What i do know is that T&A sell.

I also own a copy of goddess in the doorway,
by a certain mr sir M. jagger.
October 12th, 2005 09:24 AM
Jumacfly I got Goddess too.
I must confess I got a Black Cows album too and a Stereophonics one...
October 12th, 2005 09:35 AM
lotsajizz Tom Jones--schmaltzy, perhaps.....but, boy, he can sing!!!!
October 12th, 2005 09:48 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I know that alot of these are matters of opinion, but one album i have will be unanimously shamed is Erasure
October 12th, 2005 10:31 AM
Nasty Habits 90s and beyond Stones and solo Stones albums are my guiltiest pleasure.

October 12th, 2005 10:37 AM
Fadeout_Freedom Gordon Lightfoot
Herb Alpert
Frank Sinatra
October 12th, 2005 11:21 AM
M.O.W.A.T. My list of sins:

- have many "lounge" music albums (usually collect the ones with covers of rock songs).

- also an '80s music fan (from new wave to hair bands)

...excuse me while a say a dozen Exiles and Sticky Fingers.
October 12th, 2005 12:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I had some in the past but traded all for a painting with a close friend who is an artist

The list included real crap like one album by Hall & Oats (I bought it because Hall made an album that was part of the infamous "MOR trilogy" with Robert Fripp and Peter Gabriel I thought his work with Oats would be great but is serious shit)

Other was an album by Phil Collins. Some of the albums I traded now sell good on e-bay like a solo album by David Byron etc etc
October 12th, 2005 01:29 PM
texile i love old disco, sinatra but
i don't feel guilty because its good shit:

otherwise:

carpenters
bread
jim croce
and 70s am pop.....
my childhood loves.
October 12th, 2005 01:57 PM
PeerQueer Guild w/Sinatra????

Sinatra was King before the King - the man lived it like he talked it. Gotta respect that - and he hung on like a mean bastard till the very end.

The whole Rat Pack scene was cool. Love that era.

No shame in Sinatra. None at all.

"Some say you only live once. Well kid, if you live like I do - once is enough."

-FS

quote:
Fadeout_Freedom wrote:
Gordon Lightfoot
Herb Alpert
Frank Sinatra

October 12th, 2005 02:02 PM
texile sinatra was a rock star before they had a word for it.....
in the studio singing into the mike with a bottle of jack in his left hand - a cigarette in the other...
i loved his cockiness..
'don't TELL me what to do - SUGGEST...'
October 12th, 2005 02:07 PM
sammy davis jr. Had It With You- I love this song
Oasis- I buy their records and am usually very disappointed, especially the new one.
The New Radicals- One hit wonder, but it was a great single. I thought it was World Party when I first heard it.
World Party- Great band no one cares about
October 12th, 2005 02:20 PM
texile
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Had It With You- I love this song
Oasis- I buy their records and am usually very disappointed, especially the new one.
The New Radicals- One hit wonder, but it was a great single. I thought it was World Party when I first heard it.
World Party- Great band no one cares about

that new radicals song was great and uplifting...it made me feel like conquering the world - lol...
world party's way down now is one of my favorite songs from the 80s....
and had it with you is the only thing on dirty work i like.
October 12th, 2005 04:17 PM
CraigP Great topic... I must say that I like THE ASSOCIATION except for the radio hits that were released.
October 12th, 2005 04:44 PM
texile just yesterday on the way home from work - all alone, flipping to the oldies station, i found myself compulsively singing along to bad leroy brown....and i remembered all the words.....
October 12th, 2005 07:08 PM
Soldatti I have so many old shit in my collection, maybe the Abba's Gold collection and some Bon Jovi's album are the worst.
October 13th, 2005 03:08 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I cant believe that Sinatra has been mentioned. He is a Legend. The guys voice was superb.

I just found an Alice Cooper greatest hits cd, it cost me 99p. Shit
October 13th, 2005 04:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh Gawd...I forgot. I gotta Shania Twain CD. It's got a coupla good songs on it though. I never pay it that much though.
October 13th, 2005 05:03 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Looks like me made it
Look how far we come my baby
October 13th, 2005 05:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Looks like me made it
Look how far we come my baby

No. That songs not on it. It's the "Come On Over" CD.
October 13th, 2005 06:36 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Nooooooooooooo

When will the discovery of bad musci stop. Got a few days off work to move a bit of stuff from my mums place. I have got through 8 boxes of cds. Just found

Tina Turners Greatest Hits
October 13th, 2005 06:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

Tina Turners Greatest Hits

Interesting point. I mean I love Tina but her live shows are much better than her records. The Ike and Tina Revue was the balls though.
October 13th, 2005 06:42 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I agree. Tina should bite the bullet, take a beating for the team and get back with IKE.
Whats love got to do with it?
October 13th, 2005 06:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I agree. Tina should bite the bullet, take a beating for the team and get back with IKE.
Whats love got to do with it?

No that's not right. Ike blew it there. My Grandfather was like that. I think his philosophy of life was if you don't like it punch it. Unfortunatley for my Grandmother she was always in the line of fire.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 13th, 2005 06:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Yeah, I know. Im only kidding.
I saw Tina Turner with my mum at wembley when she did her farewell tour a few years back. Like Jagger, very fit for her age.
October 14th, 2005 08:52 AM
Lord Homosex To be honest most of the names I have seen listed as "guilty" pleasures in this thread are on heavy rotation with me. How can one be embarrassed by Tom Jones, Sinatra or Abba? I like to think we are not so shallow as to really believe that all we are allowed to listen to is Rock. IMO it is either a pleasure or it is unforgivable crap. Bon Jovi is total merde and should never be listened to ever.
October 14th, 2005 12:38 PM
Factory Girl I love-

1. Frank Sinatra

2. Bee Gees

3. Carpenters

and I don't feel a bit guilty!

FG!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)