ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star Return to archive
October 12th, 2005 06:03 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Posted on Tue, Oct. 11, 2005
Rock icon Rod Stewart gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star

SOLVEJ SCHOU
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Veteran rock icon Rod Stewart was as nervous as a schoolboy when he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Tuesday in front of screaming fans and family.

"I have never had such a nervous day in my life," said the tanned and svelte Stewart, 60, who is facing fatherhood anew.

Flanked by his pregnant fiancee Penny Lancaster, Stewart danced an impromptu jig atop his sidewalk star on Hollywood Boulevard. Daughter and Hollywood "it" girl Kimberly and son Sean clapped and cheered along with poster-waving fans.

"I haven't prepared a speech. I'm here to wing it like I have my entire life," said the rock star-turned-classic pop crooner.

Friend Larry King addressed the gathering, praising Stewart.

"He's one of my favorite guests. He's one of my favorite people," the CNN host said.

Over his 40-year musical career, Stewart has churned out multiple raspy-voiced rock hits, including "Forever Young," "Tonight's the Night," "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" and fan favorite "Maggie May."

Born in London, he initially pursued a career as a professional soccer player and also worked as a gravedigger.

In the early '60s, Stewart joined folk singer Wizz Jones before gaining popularity with the Jeff Beck Group and its first album "Truth" in 1968.

He fronted the British rock band the Faces in the '70s and went solo in 1976.

After his rock career waned, Stewart rebounded three years ago with a surprising collection of '30s and '40s pop standards - a platinum-selling success.

His 2004 album "Stardust ... The Great American Songbook Volume III" won him his only Grammy.

Stewart releases his fourth in the series, "Thanks for the Memory ... Great American Songbook IV," this month.

But the father of six - linked over the years with various blonde beauties including Rachel Hunter - recently told The Associated Press he will take some time off.

"I'm going to be a dad again," he told the crowd.
October 12th, 2005 10:59 AM
jb You are sponsored and must pay for your star...I doubt Mick(well maybe not), but definitely Keith and Charlie would say "fuck-off" to such a poltry honor.
October 12th, 2005 06:24 PM
PeerQueer Rod Stewart is hot, but not as hot as JB.

JB is so fucking hot!

Sizzle me slowly me sweet chunk of Jewish man love!

Oy Gevalt!
October 13th, 2005 10:48 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Rod's OK. I like Rod.
October 13th, 2005 11:00 AM
Moonisup do the stones have 1?
October 13th, 2005 12:20 PM
PeerQueer Dude, your Chuck pic is downright scary!!

How in the hell is that guy playing with the Rolling Stones??????????

Priceless!
October 13th, 2005 04:55 PM
ListenToTheLion pass the pipe
October 13th, 2005 05:42 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
pass the pipe

You SHALL be greeted
October 13th, 2005 06:33 PM
IzzyStradlin The Faces are the most underrated, underappreciated band ever.

They've influenced thousands of artists.

Rod Stewart after 1975?

Uh, pass.
October 13th, 2005 08:20 PM
exile
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
Rod Stewart after 1975?

Uh, pass.

I agree...Rod is a wanker now.
I saw him in concert in sydney some years back.
He was as grumpy as fuck the whole concert.

a fat wanker at that.
October 14th, 2005 02:34 AM
corgi37 Does the record company pay for these "stars"?
October 14th, 2005 02:38 AM
White House Lawn Just in time for his shitty new album of standards! :P

I've got no problem with Rod doing oldies, it's just that these albums are slapped together so shoddily.

I'll stick with my Capitol-era Sinatra albums instead. . . !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)