ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Yoko/Paul Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
October 13th, 2005 01:17 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
Some random thoughts about topics raised here:

1. I despise Yoko for what she did to the Beatles by becoming a wedge between John and Paul. They probably would have split at some time. However, she at least hastened the split thus destroying one of the greatest songwriting teams ever. Her comment after John's question about Paul's music being more widely recorded is that of a classic enabler playing on his insecurity. The Stones had their own "Yokos", first with Keith's drug habit in the '70s and then Mick's desire for a solo career in the '80s. However, unlike the Beatles, they survived.

I'm not a huge fan of Yoko either but I don't understand this deal about people despising her for breaking up the Beatles. You weren't in the band and you don't have any right to say when they should have broken up. If John was madly in love with her and wanted to concentrate on his relationship with her and his solo career instead of continuing to work with Paul, then why not accept it as is? Should John and Paul have continued on grudgingly and put out half-assed Beatles records just cause fans like you would have wanted them to?

quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

3. Arguably, Paul rocked better than John. Look at I Want To Hold Your Hand (John) and the flip side, I Saw Her Standing There (Paul). Look at Paperback Writer, Day Tripper, Back In The USSR, Birthday, and Helter Skelter. John never rocked harder than that.

I was always under the impression that I Want to Hold Your Hand and Birthday were collaborative efforts between John and Paul. Also, I do believe Day Tripper is a John song.
October 13th, 2005 06:07 PM
texile i don't she "broke up" john and paul...they were growing apart and needed the break - but hard and durty has a point -john was insecure and paranoid and she fed off of that....
this isn't some racist or sexist rant against yoko ...she's established that much with her constant public declarations of condescension about the lennon/macca songwriting team.......
October 13th, 2005 08:32 PM
nowhere_girl12
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
FUCK YOKO

What she is doing to Julian Lennon (who has far more talent that Sean Lennon) is a sin.

She doesn't have a millionth the talent of Paul McCartney.

She is famous for nothing else than getting married to someone who was famous. And wrecking his family. She is nothing but a wannabe celeb.

If she didn't meet Lennon when she did she would be working at a car wash today.

FUCK HER

OMG I love you!!!
October 13th, 2005 08:48 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
HardKnoxDurtySox wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Yoko either but I don't understand this deal about people despising her for breaking up the Beatles. You weren't in the band and you don't have any right to say when they should have broken up. If John was madly in love with her and wanted to concentrate on his relationship with her and his solo career instead of continuing to work with Paul, then why not accept it as is? Should John and Paul have continued on grudgingly and put out half-assed Beatles records just cause fans like you would have wanted them to?

You are missing the point. This isn't about love between John and Yoko or whether John wanted a solo career. The point is that she tried to insinuate herself into their professional lives even to the point of having her bed moved into the recording studio so she would be there at all times. That caused a great deal of tension within the group that would not have occurred in her absence. The following are telling excerpts from the book Beatlesongs by William Dowlding:

"John broke a rigid, unwritten rule of the group: that their women would never be allowed in the studios. John perversely attended every session for the White Album with Yoko at his side. His message, unspoken, was obvious to all: they were inseparable. She sat on the speakers, offering suggestions, and incredibly, criticisms."

"Yoko moved her bed into the studio. She followed John everywhere, even into the lavatory, according to a studio technician."

"At best, Yoko's presence tended to inhibit the other Beatles, and to stifle the extraordinary rapport that the four musicians had heretofore enjoyed; at worst, Paul or George would let their resentment boil to the surface, thus putting John on the defensive and exacerbating the tensions yet further..."

"Harrison agreed that the White Album was a tense period for the band. He blamed the Beatles' wives, mainly, for creating distance between them."

All from page 219 of Beatlesongs published in 1989.

Even if other Beatles wives created distance, none of them even remotely intruded on the professional side in the way that Yoko did. If John wanted to be in love and have a solo career, then do it. If he still wanted to make Beatle music, then do that. Because of the way that Yoko bothered the other Beatles, John couldn't have it both ways.

Your swipe about accepting half-assed music has no credibility with me. Whether or not Yoko was there, they were still professional enough to do much of their best work late in their careers. Abbey Road was their best album followed by the White Album.

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)