ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: We All Shine On - Happy Birthday, John! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 13th, 2005 12:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, I appreciate our friendship; as a person I like you, but just please consider my kind request

I have never mentioned here, and I'm doing it for the first time, and you and many other know that I'm not Jewish and I'm not Catholic or Christian. But half of my blood is Jewish but it's 100% of topic to mention that.

October 13th, 2005 12:40 AM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
BTW, I appreciate our friendship; as a person I like you, but just please consider my kind request

I have never mentioned here, and I'm doing it for the first time, and you and many other know that I'm not Jewish and I'm not Catholic or Christian. But half of my blood is Jewish but it's 100% of topic to mention that.

Howard Stern is also 1/2 Jewish as is Harrison Ford....I will die from either ALS, testicular cancer, brain tumor, spinalcord mass, or heart-attack. My dad died at 42, and I have very little time left!!!
October 13th, 2005 12:42 AM
jb And yes, my wife is pregnant again(please keep private!!!),.,,,,the fetus will not know his/her father.................I drink to death tonight!!! I also ate on Yom Kippur andnow really will die!!!
[Edited by jb]
October 13th, 2005 12:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl So sorry to hear that Josh, it's very sad. I hope you are wrong and with modern medicine you will be alive and well for a long time.

Please read my comments not a single word is offensive, is just about you and the board.

I'll pray for you tomorrow

Sincerely

Gerardo Liedo a true friend of yours
October 13th, 2005 12:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
(please keep private!!!)

Well; I won't tell anybody else but remember that this is a heavy traffic board, and we have a lot of lurkers
October 13th, 2005 12:47 AM
jb I shall go to sleep tonight and take many pills to calm down....I hope i don't overdose..goodbye mu friends!!!
October 13th, 2005 01:58 AM
Prodigal Son Well, let's all hope jb isn't up and leaving us. After all this is a Rolling Stones message board where political, religious discussion only bring out the demons in some. And a Lennon dedication thread isn't the time for some to bash him. Maybe we can start a sticky saying "Get your musical bashing off your chest right here!" Of course, keeping it civilized and between the disgruntled folks in the first place.

Josh is obviously quite upset and deeply reflective of his religion so I just hope he's overreacting when he says he won't go to MSG and he's going to die, etc. Who knows if it's the truth? If so, that's really upsetting. Bottom line is; let's get back to being a good message board. We all love it except when it becomes this anger-fest.
October 13th, 2005 10:41 AM
voodoopug Josh and I have arranged to greet in Memphis. I wish him well, he has had a very trying week. A major trial (which i guess he won) and trouble getting tickets for Miami. I spoke to him yesterday and I believe he is just on an emotional high with the Jewish Holiday and shall return refreshed and recharged!
October 13th, 2005 12:36 PM
PeerQueer The horror...the horror...the horror...
October 13th, 2005 02:04 PM
Martha .........and the Emmy goes to!
October 13th, 2005 02:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Martha wrote:
.........and the Emmy goes to!

Keithecantropus Erectus

October 13th, 2005 02:18 PM
voodoopug happy birthday John!
October 13th, 2005 02:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Finally back on topic!! Great

Or are you wishing yourself a belated happy birtdhay?

"you are not the ooooonly oooone..."
October 13th, 2005 02:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Finally back on topic!! Great

Or are you wishing yourself a belated happy birtdhay?

"you are not the ooooonly oooone..."

I am just helping maintain law and order! I am still waiting for some birthday presents to be sent my way!

I raise a glass to Voodoo today! (sadly, I am busy at work, so the glass contains coffee)
October 13th, 2005 02:30 PM
jb I have returned from Temple services...I prayed for all of you and asked god to forgive my sins and those of others. Nonetheless, while I "hijacked this thread", which others do all the time without being rebuked, it still did not call for the post that was made. I forgive the person, but I totally disagree with how this was handled...Many people post off topic stuFf and hi-jack posts, yet I am singled out.

Those of you who have met me this tour may want to discuss with the powers that be what the real deal is..I am not a modest person, which is a sin, but I do more for fellow board memebers financially and emotionally than any of yiu can imagine. Those who are the recipients can vouch for me if you wish. Yet, it seems I am singled out when I hijack a thread or post off-topic..while others, who post despicable things, are not threatened to be banned and their apologies are heartfully accepted....I know some of you will not respond to support me b/c you want to be politically correct and are afraid to upset the powers that be, but as you know, whether I am right or wrong, I go balls to the wall...

Look at what others have posted about Lennon in this thread..they have not been scolded...yet, I, for 10 yrs posting this sarcastic shit, I am treated like a newbie!!! Then someome posts something I am offended about, and others agree, yet , I am the one ultimately at fault-unbelievable. My friends here who have e-mailed me about this, I thank you for your support.
Buttom line, I was wrong to post off-topic but others were equally wrongin their responses. I SHALL NOT ATTEND MSG 06!!!!

P.S.-I am disappointed in the Pug.
[Edited by jb]
October 13th, 2005 02:36 PM
voodoopug I have been humiliated through my attempts to maintain peace, law, and order.

I have ruined the potential greetings of hundreds in NYC 2006. Walters has lost a large bar tab due to my actions.
October 13th, 2005 02:44 PM
PeerQueer JB wrote, "I go balls to the wall"

Do you not mean, "I go calcified balls to the wall"???

You shall be greeted, happily and with due respect to one of the most prolific and...prolific posters of all time. I shall kiss you openly with gratitude and affection for the kind and knowing soul that you are.

I have since written a check to the Jewish Anti-Defamation League for my tongue-in-cheek/foot-in-mouth transgressions. A sizeable donation I might add, that will prove a healthy deduction on my tax return.

I also bought Kosher Hot Dogs and swallowed each one whole, one by one, in your honor. They were fantastic, though left a bit of an aftertaste, though as you know, I'm used to that.

And as I said earlier, I did in fact kick out one of my tenants and replace him with an elderly Jewish woman who is allowed to stay there at a reduced rate. I asked her to send you a Christmas card but she looked at me kind of funny...

I also received an email from beyond the grave from none other than John Lennon himself!! He forgives you your thread hi-jacking, and in fact found it quite amusing!! He is attempting to contact Voodoo but apparently Satan himself is interupting the server and the messages are not getting through.

Lastly, Keith Richards has become aware of the dust up in here and was overheard saying, "Fuckin' hell."

I think that about sums it all up nicely, yes?
October 13th, 2005 02:45 PM
PeerQueer P.S. Happy Birthday John Lennon!
October 13th, 2005 02:55 PM
Joey " I SHALL NOT ATTEND MSG 06!!!!"

You make Joey weep and shit liquid .

WAIT !!!!!!!!

I will not be attending either .
October 13th, 2005 03:24 PM
jb I shall not leave Miami after Atlanta and Tampa!!!
October 13th, 2005 03:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I shall not leave Miami after Atlanta and Tampa!!!

With all that your testicle has been through, it may be best to rest it for a while and re fuel
October 13th, 2005 10:07 PM
Lazy Bones STONES RULE YOU FRIGGIN' BASTARDS!!!!!

October 14th, 2005 07:30 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
jb wrote:
The Beatles are unjustifiably held in higher regard b/c of thier wuss, wuss, pop -friendly music.

Yeah. I see what you mean. Stuff like Helter Skelter, Strawberry Fields Forever, Money (That's What I Want), Come Together, A Day In The Life, Rocky Racoon, Sergeant Pepper (Reprise) and Happiness Is A Warm Gun are all radio friendly pop. Yeah, I see what you mean. You do know that they changed the way music is made and written? The Stones didn't, but who cares. As long as it's cool music it's great. If there's one thing in this world that I hate, it's people going to the top of a mountain saying: "WE listen to good music, and all of you down there listen to bad music" (BTW: There's still a difference between good and bad. Like Beatles is GOOD and that's a fact. Status Quo is NOT by any means as good as the Beatles, but if you like SQ better than the Beatles it's of course 100% OK).

May I ask: What do you think it looks like when someone who likes gritty rock 'n roll goes to concert wearing a lawyer suit? And one who even like Barbara Streisand! JB: I think that maybe you're a HUGE sell-out.

--------------------------------------------------------
Oh and by the way: Happy Birthday to Doctor Winston 'O Boogie.
October 14th, 2005 07:42 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I used to love the Beatles until I discovered The Rolling Stones. After that, their music didnt really mean much to me. The lyrics stopped having any meaning and the only music that really made me sit up and listen was that of the stones.
However, I have a lot of respect for John Lennon. He had the Bollocks to leave the band even if it was under the influence of Yoko. It was a good move. He had a whole pile of solo stuff ready to go.
I dont regard his best work to be Imagine (The single). I belive he had a lot of songs that are musically much deeper than that, but I dont mind him being soley remembered for that tune.
I do fear that had he lived, he would be doing the whole Paul McCartney world tour sort of shit now. That is not how I would have liked to see the man. So in a way, I prefer him dead than alive, to preserve the things he did already. If you know what I mean.

Songs like Mind Games, Watching the Wheels, Jealous Guy, Cold Turkey, Dream #9 and Beautiful Boy are absolute classics.

HERE IS TO LENNON.....LEGEND
October 14th, 2005 09:41 AM
Lazy Bones My favourite Lennon songs are non-classics.

Instant Karma! and Give Me Some Truth are problem his biggest 2 songs that are among my favs.
October 15th, 2005 02:53 AM
2000monkey John Lennon was Jesus Christ in the 20th century. It is true. Civilization is crumbling and will soon collapse under the weight of it's own bullshit, but the sheer number of Beatles artifacts existing in the world will ensure that remnants of those artifacts will survive for future generations to discover in the rubble. A belief system will be pieced together from the fragments--About Giving Peace a Chance and All You Need is Love. All the Beatles slogans and catch phrases will merge into a kind of half assed religion practiced by what will probably be mutated humans. At the top will be Lennon around which the religion will coalesce. The other Beatles will be seen as disciples and Yoko as a satanic influence. A thousand years from now this will be absolute fact. The Rolling Stones will not be worshipped by cockroach men of the future because they did not write any utopian peace anthems.
[Edited by 2000monkey]
October 16th, 2005 06:03 AM
corgi37 See above.

My vote for worst post - ever. Anywhere!!!

We all shine on. Hope Mr. Ono had a nice birthday.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)