ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: We All Shine On - Happy Birthday, John! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 11th, 2005 01:26 PM
PeerQueer Well said Martha.

John was and remains, an amazing soul - a soul that transcends gender and/or ethnicity, as was on display through his willingness to so openly address both in song, writing, film, and public speech.

We must stop clinging to these identity markers that only put up fences and hold at out our true potentials - be they markers of Beatles/Stones, Jew/Gentile, Man/Woman. Lennon attempted to break those barriers down through his biting sarcasm and unmatched wit - often offense is the first step toward the realization of a much needed new way of thinking. Lennon created much offense, thus proving the very need of what he was doing. So many miss that essential point of his character.

Bob and he both have this ability in spades. Thank goodness Bob is still with us, and creating fantastic art at this very moment.

Your words struck a chord with me, and I am happy to hear Lennon's music provided shelter in a storm, the kind we all are in need of from time to time.
October 11th, 2005 05:57 PM
Martha
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Well said Martha.

John was and remains, an amazing soul - a soul that transcends gender and/or ethnicity, as was on display through his willingness to so openly address both in song, writing, film, and public speech.

We must stop clinging to these identity markers that only put up fences and hold at out our true potentials - be they markers of Beatles/Stones, Jew/Gentile, Man/Woman. Lennon attempted to break those barriers down through his biting sarcasm and unmatched wit - often offense is the first step toward the realization of a much needed new way of thinking. Lennon created much offense, thus proving the very need of what he was doing. So many miss that essential point of his character.

Bob and he both have this ability in spades. Thank goodness Bob is still with us, and creating fantastic art at this very moment.

Your words struck a chord with me, and I am happy to hear Lennon's music provided shelter in a storm, the kind we all are in need of from time to time.

Thank you. You've captured the essence of John's spirit with your above description. Nicely said. :-)

We all need someone we can lean on..........

xxoo,
MM
October 11th, 2005 10:15 PM
keithriffhard to all you who bashed one of music's greatest talents, past and present, go fuck yourselves. Show some respect even if you hate his music. I hate the musically illterate!
October 11th, 2005 11:44 PM
corgi37 Martha, ok, i will ease up. I love you.

But, "musically illiterate"?

Why? Cause i hate over rated crap?

Feel free to play "yesterday" to frustrated librarians and strum "give peace a chance" to the unwashed crusties protesting against the U.S., the fur industry, nuclear power, the west, all things W.A.S.P.

But, dont dare play those songs at a biker gathering! Or in a rough pub or honky tonk joint. No, JJF, stray cat blues, BS, HTW, SMU - you name it! - Those songs are for those events.

And i know where the hell i'd rather be!!
October 11th, 2005 11:58 PM
the good
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Well said Martha.

Look, Lennon was a songwriter. Stop turning him into this quasi-religious figure. He was not an amazing soul. He was one of the most obnoxious, loud mouthed, cruel, and immature people to ever work in the music industry. Your rationalization of his behavior, saying that he used it to break down barriers, broaden horizons etc, is just silly. I understand admiring Lennon for his musicianship, but this misplaced hero worship is just crazy.
October 12th, 2005 10:51 AM
Martha
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Martha, ok, i will ease up. I love you.

But, "musically illiterate"?

Why? Cause i hate over rated crap?

Feel free to play "yesterday" to frustrated librarians and strum "give peace a chance" to the unwashed crusties protesting against the U.S., the fur industry, nuclear power, the west, all things W.A.S.P.

But, dont dare play those songs at a biker gathering! Or in a rough pub or honky tonk joint. No, JJF, stray cat blues, BS, HTW, SMU - you name it! - Those songs are for those events.

And i know where the hell i'd rather be!!

Corgi I love you too.....thank you.

I listen to the Stones and Dylan much more than I listen to any Beatles records these daze. I just can't get enough of that sound.

My favorite John song and performance (s) is "Yer Blues" on the R&R Circus with Clapton, Mitch Mitchell and Keith Richards Micks soul brother on bass.

Now that could be played at the biker bar and no one would be shot. Correct?!

I hate overrated crap too. :-)

xxoo,
Martha
October 12th, 2005 10:56 AM
jb [quote]Martha wrote:

Thank you. You've captured the essence of John's spirit with your above description. Nicely said. :-)

xxoo,
MM
[/quote

Hi Marhta..thanks for the lovely e-mail....Did you see what else Peer Queer said before it was deleted? let me know if that was the "essence of John's spirit" as well
[Edited by jb]
October 12th, 2005 12:59 PM
PeerQueer Dear Mr. JB, are you still playing the role of the offended? I find the peculiar nature of your offense amusing.

You are a fan of the Stones, yes? A critical one to be sure, but a fan nevertheless. So if you are so easily offended by a clearly tongue in cheek comment regarding yourself and your ethnicity, a topic which you have made a point of discussion on this board many many many times, as well as other equally and potentially controversial subjects, how can you then so easily embrace a band known, among many things, for its often pointed and highly controversial lyrics that now span several decades - lyrics which tackle gender, race, sexuality, drugs, etc.???

I would urge you to take a closer reading of songs such as Some Girls, Stray Cat Blues, Brown Sugar, Under My Thumb, Bitch, etc., as well as review founding member Brian Jones fascination with Nazi clothing, the Stones use of cross dressing to elicit a reaction, and the more recent song "Sweet Neocon". Or travel back in time and review excerpts from various Jesse Jackson declarations against the Stones' suggestive lyrics - in which he calls our boys, among other things, racist. (Of course Jackson would soon after reference New York City as Heimietown" - displaying his own racial bias for all to view.)

On its surface, Neocon is seen as an open attack upon the Bush administration. Further study would reveal though that the term Neocon was first started by a group of conservative Jewish intellectuals seeking independence of Israel from American influence - and the right to fully defend itself from the threats of its Muslim neighbors. Co-founder Irvin Kristol declared a Neocon to be a "liberal mugged by reality." So which side of the controversial fence do the Stones stand on this one?? Are they against Bush and Co. or againt those who wish for increased independence for Isreal?? Mick is a very clever lad - perhaps he has pulled a fast one...

JB, you cannot embrace a band known for pushing the boundaries of accepted public perception and the breaking of society-imposed barriers on one hand, while reinforcing those very same barriers and perceptions on the other without coming off as suffering from principled dyslexia.

But I will take all of this with a grain of salt, and assume your offense is in fact fabricated, your tasteless attack against Lennon/Beatles within the confines of a J. Lennon thread on the day of his birthday an act of Lennon-like controversy-play that he likely would have approved of greatly and had a good laugh over.

So for that, I will happily grant you a reach-a-round, and a sweet pinch on each of your well proportioned Jewish nipples.

-PQ
October 12th, 2005 02:29 PM
Joey [quote]PeerQueer wrote:
Dear Mr. JB, are you still playing the role of the offended? I find the peculiar nature of your offense amusing.

You are a fan of the Stones, yes? A critical one to be sure, but a fan nevertheless. So if you are so easily offended by a clearly tongue in cheek comment .............................................................

Peer Queer ..................LOOK !!!!! .... ASS !!!! .. Just for you : Enjoy !

|
** Sniff **
|
|
|
V

October 12th, 2005 02:41 PM
jb "Leave it to the WHO to deny choice"........................
October 12th, 2005 02:44 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:
"Leave it to the WHO to deny choice"........................

You asshole.
October 12th, 2005 03:08 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

You asshole.

Indeed...I may be to you, but to others , a beloved Stones fan who has been to many shows , greeted and treated many people, given away tickets to needy fans, and having the time of my life. I can forgive and forget a lot of things(have meet people that I ardently argued with on the board and gotten drunk with then)), but I shall never forget your post.

[Edited by jb]
October 12th, 2005 04:20 PM
PeerQueer Silly JB.

Silly,silly,silly

You shall be greeted - with open arms...

Let me hug you close by Jewish Stonesian brother, and may we sing the song of peace, and dance the dance of joy, for all is forgiven - though never forgoten
October 12th, 2005 04:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi Marhta..thanks for the lovely e-mail....Did you see what else Peer Queer said before it was deleted? let me know if that was the "essence of John's spirit" as well

Josh what da fuck?? Why did you bring it back? That is pathetic!!

October 12th, 2005 04:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

You asshole.

To, both you and Josh:

Oh no, not you again!!!

Please stop

October 12th, 2005 06:20 PM
PeerQueer Don't worry none Voodoo - I found the source of the problem. My computer isn't Kosher. I have since replaced it with a Kosher-approved model.

All should be well now!

October 12th, 2005 06:29 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
[quote]Martha wrote:

xxoo,
MM
[/quote

[Edited by jb]

Hey Jb, right back at ya! No I didn't see what got deleted. I miss a lot of the "fun" having just dial-up. I don't go on line as much these days. Have too much else to do......I need DSL!
October 12th, 2005 06:36 PM
Martha
"Look, Lennon was a songwriter. Stop turning him into this quasi-religious figure. He was not an amazing soul. He was one of the most obnoxious, loud mouthed, cruel, and immature people to ever work in the music industry. Your rationalization of his behavior, saying that he used it to break down barriers, broaden horizons etc, is just silly. I understand admiring Lennon for his musicianship, but this misplaced hero worship is just crazy. "

I know John had his faults like all of us do. He at times behaved badly and was young and full of himself, he was also a visionary and wanted peace and equaltiy and put his energies into that for what it was worth.

His music changed my life. I grew up in such a small town (3 tiny blocks) that music was the only way to see outside of my tiny world. We only had 2 channels on the TV then.....music was my only escape or outlet. It was a different time and I lived in a tiny world. Music saved my life then and it still keeps me alive.

Bless the artists, everyone of them, faults and all.

peace,
Martha
October 12th, 2005 10:07 PM
the good
quote:
Martha wrote:

I know John had his faults like all of us do. He at times behaved badly and was young and full of himself, he was also a visionary and wanted peace and equaltiy and put his energies into that for what it was worth.

His music changed my life. I grew up in such a small town (3 tiny blocks) that music was the only way to see outside of my tiny world. We only had 2 channels on the TV then.....music was my only escape or outlet. It was a different time and I lived in a tiny world. Music saved my life then and it still keeps me alive.

Bless the artists, everyone of them, faults and all.

peace,
Martha

He was a great artist Martha. No argument there. A Day in the Life puts me in a trance every time.
October 12th, 2005 10:09 PM
jb
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Silly JB.

Silly,silly,silly

You shall be greeted - with open arms...

Let me hug you close by Jewish Stonesian brother, and may we sing the song of peace, and dance the dance of joy, for all is forgiven - though never forgoten

Yom Kippur tommorrow...all shall be forgiven. And in return, I ask god to forgive me for all my sins.
October 12th, 2005 10:27 PM
voodoopug why was the kosher computer comment not deleted? Are we at Rocks Off now accepting of anti semitism?

I dont get it.
October 12th, 2005 10:27 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
why was the kosher computer comment not deleted? Are we at Rocks Off now accepting of anti semitism?

I dont get it.

Did I miss something?
October 12th, 2005 10:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Don't worry none Voodoo - I found the source of the problem. My computer isn't Kosher. I have since replaced it with a Kosher-approved model.

All should be well now!

i think the best thing for all is to delete this entire thread.....this is a stones info board and this really does not need to be here.
October 12th, 2005 10:45 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i think the best thing for all is to delete this entire thread.....this is a stones info board and this really does not need to be here.

John, your friendship towards the Jewish people is much appreciated. They killed 30 million people , over 6 million of whom were Jews....We as a people are less than 15 million in the world, yet some blame us for all of the world's problems. They made soap out of my ancestors and melted the gold from thier teeth ..then they burnt the remains in the ovens after they were gassed( little children clinging to to their mothers shoulders told they were taking a shower..and the mothers knowing full well what was happening!!( I am crying now)... Am I a little over - senstive...FUCK YES...

But if god forbid I say the Beatles suck, or the Stones have not sold out a show, some people attack me like sharks....the Jew, again, is left to fend for himself. Well, this JEW will not be lead to the ovens ..."Hear Oh Israel, the Lord is my God, the Lord is one"............Long live Zion and we shall never leave our biblical homeland given to us by the almighty!!! Barach Hashemm, Barach Hashem!!!! Blessed is our God.....may you protect the Jews(and all good people;especially John, Joey, LadyJane, Parmeda, Gypsy, Martha, MarthaMYDear( were are you), Fiji, Max, Pdog, Gazza, Vodoo, Sir Moonie, Baby Steelie, SS, StonesDoug, Oldkr(largest Keith resource on the net), Boomhauer, Some Guy, Jaggergirl, and many others -(sorry if I forgot) from the evil that seeks our destruction...

[Edited by jb]
October 12th, 2005 10:47 PM
Brainbell Jangler I missed Peerqueer's deleted comment, but let me go on record as denouncing anti-semitism and racism in all its forms. Prejudice against Jews seems to me to be a particularly extreme form of historical cretinism. Given their track record throughout recorded history, why would anyone want to fuck with these people? They are the ultimate survivors.
"Every empire that enslaved him is gone:
Egypt and Rome, even the great Babylon."
--Bob Dylan, "Neighborhood Bully"
October 12th, 2005 10:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
I missed Peerqueer's deleted comment, but let me go on record as denouncing anti-semitism and racism in all its forms. Prejudice against Jews seems to me to be a particularly extreme form of historical cretinism. Given their track record throughout recorded history, why would anyone want to fuck with these people? They are the ultimate survivors.
"Every empire that enslaved him is gone:
Egypt and Rome, even the great Babylon."
--Bob Dylan, "Neighborhood Bully"

i agree. I am not jewish, but will not say a foul word about any race or religion on this board, i only wish others were as intelligent and articulately gifted as people like you and I!
October 12th, 2005 10:56 PM
jb John, I shall pray for you and Joey tommorrow....I feel very strongly connected to both of you...also. I shall prayer for Mozart and all sick animals in thw world.
October 12th, 2005 11:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
John, I shall pray for you and Joey tommorrow....I feel very strongly connected to both of you...also. I shall prayer for Mozart and all sick animals in thw world.

please remember us (and unborn fetus) as we remembered you with a wonderful card!

I feel geographically connected to you and Joey...i will greet you again in memphis!
October 12th, 2005 11:15 PM
jb [w]e shall never forget!!!! RIP Mr. Wiesenthal!!!
October 12th, 2005 11:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
[w]e shall never forget!!!! RIP Mr. Wiesenthal!!!

let us do our best to avoid humiliation these next few days
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)