ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Front Page Pix Return to archive
10-13-03 12:47 AM
palacerevolution Got a question. Are all these incredible photos that are appear on the front page of this here Rox Off Board collected anywhere? And are they available to anyone? Cause I got zillions of books on the Stones and photos and stuff like evryone else here, but these pix are continuously GREAT. Would love to collect them.
10-13-03 12:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We don�t have a special place to put all the images, we are on our fifth year and changing headers on a daily basis, just a few days we have left a header for two and even more days and we have always apologize for it this makes more than 1,600 photos.

The sources have been, between others

• � Photos taken by the Rocks Off regulars on stage, backstage, etc
  • � Donated photos by professional photographers like Baron Wolman, Robert Altman, Richard Aaron, Lynn Goldsmith, Jill Furmanovsky and specially our friend Fernando Aceves who also has donated originals for the current trivia.
  • � Images from Stoneslib private collection not available at his own website
  • � My collection of Rolling Stone Magazines mainly 1967-1973 with many issues from 1974-1983 when I decided to stop
  • � Many books
  • � Scanned images by our friends and regulars
  • � Pay-to-download images from some websites including but not anymore Corbis as the Mick Chicks are abusing of it, in the past the watermark of the Corbis image were so big that 30% of the images were spoiled, now is a real discreet watermark enough to post in that thread but not for our headers.
  • � Images from Henry Diltz exclusive CD, thanks Henry!
  • � My own photos or photos from my collection of originals.

Anyway, you can see at least 1 of each 3 headers in the archives, also each time someone makes comments about a header I used to post the header in that thread with a typical comment �This was the reference header�, in this way I dare to say that with the archives and the comments at least 80% of the headers can be seen looking the archives, some of them as header in the archives and some of them inside thread with titles as �wow what a header� LOL

Also we have plans to modify the website, priorities are

• � Update Gazza�s setlist page
  • � Finish the Brian Jones space
  • � Redo de Mick Taylor space as I lost all the information a a hard drive crash
  • � Redo the Nick Hopkins space no later than February as we now have real cool stuff like his last interview donated by the guy who conducted it, the last photos, audio and video clips and full sessions, also Baron Woman donated three never seen photos of Nicky with the Jeff Beck Group in 1968, etc
  • � Keithfucius II
  • � The Mick and Keith spaces as we have never had them� why? Because the whole website is related with the glimmer twins.
  • � The Art Gallery� we have many many many more and by gar better works to add
  • � The audio / video room as we want to update it
  • � Gazza has also a project for studio sessions, probably not anymore as we have a cyberbible on line by Mr. Nico Zentgraf.

The only problem is time, we all are real-life persons with jobs, families and a message board to attend (which takes a lot of our time) , so the website is running low for these reasons.
10-13-03 12:36 PM
Mother baby
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
The only problem is time, we all are real-life persons with jobs, families and a message board to attend (

With jobs? Well you could have fooled me.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes. LOL. Who said that?
10-13-03 04:34 PM
glencar Probably that Irish guy Oscar Wilde.
10-13-03 05:33 PM
icydanger good job you are doing
ty
what a list to achieve !

Yesterday or the day before, as I popped in, there was this very nice pic of Mick holding a bag, far from home, 10 00 miles away...
10-13-03 11:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks icydanger

This was the header I deleted from the server as nobody made a simple comment, now I upload it again for you

Goin' to LA 1969
10-14-03 03:45 PM
icydanger thanks voodoo,
i downloaded it