ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Belated Birthday Ed D. Wood Jr! (nsc) Return to archive
10-11-03 02:02 PM
FPM C10

I'm totally remiss in missing the birthday of my favorite American auteur, the singularly inept yet always effervescent Edward D. Wood Jr.

The director of Plan 9 From Outer Space, Glen or Glenda, Bride of the Monster and many other excruciating bad yet wonderful movies would have been 78 yesterday.

Happy birthday Eddy! Like your films, I'm a day late and a dollar short, but better late than never!

Any other Woodheads on the board?

10-11-03 02:10 PM
telecaster FPM did he really wear a bra when he landed in France on DDay?
10-11-03 02:52 PM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:
FPM did he really wear a bra when he landed in France on DDay?

I thought he fought in the Pacific Theater. Seems to me the story I heard was he got his teeth knocked out (remember the scene in Ed Wood where he scares trick or treaters by removing his teeth?) by a Japanese gun butt at Guadalcanal. WHEREVER it was, he was a brave member of The Greatest Generation, but one with frilly undies under his fatigues.

Anyway, that is a claim that's often made, and since Ed died in '78, we'll never know for sure. I'd certainly like to think it's true.
10-11-03 06:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot Flea, do I really need to say anything?

How many hours have we spent meticulously picking Ed's films apart, scene by scene?

It never gets old.

10-11-03 08:49 PM
Nasty Habits Bevare!

Bevare of the beeg green dragon who sits at the doorstep!

He eats leetle boys!
10-12-03 04:41 PM
Mother baby Low brow entertainment.
10-12-03 04:50 PM
glencar
10-13-03 10:05 AM
jb
10-13-03 10:12 AM
jb Please advise how to post faces other than and
[Edited by jb]
10-13-03 02:59 PM
Factory Girl I like Jonhy Depp! Was Ed Wood guy/ay?
10-13-03 03:13 PM
Joey

Josh ....................Ah , like please check your PM !

10-13-03 05:45 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I like Johnny Depp! Was Ed Wood guy/ay?

NO! Ed was as manly as one can be in a bra and angora sweater. The gripping docu-drama "Glen or Glenda" (starring, written and directed by Ed) goes to great lengths that many transvestites aren't homosexual, and his character is engaged to be married. He just has to clear up his conflicted feelings about his fiance's sweater.

10-13-03 07:06 PM
KeepRigid I would like to request that everyone go pull de string(!) tonight.
10-13-03 07:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot Uh...that would be "pool da strink".

I just saw this ultra cool Schecter guitar...it's the Vampira signature model...has a pic of her from Plan 9 on the body. Comes in a coffin case. I think I must have it.
10-14-03 05:34 PM
Joey " I just saw this ultra cool Schecter guitar...it's the Vampira signature model...has a pic of her from Plan 9 on the body. Comes in a coffin case. I think I must have it."

J.KY !
10-14-03 08:15 PM
glencar Whatever happened to the guy who used to post as (SFD)Short Fat Daddy?