ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beaten... Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-10-03 04:17 PM
Zeeta Black and Blue!

What a fuckin' album...just about to go out on the beers and it is really loud as I write this. A great going out album. I am I puff, I nearly wept to Fool to Cry!!!!! Then nearly died dancin' too hard Crazy Mama and Hey Negreta!

Also what do you recon is the best tune to dance about to?????????

Gotta go and get beaten up by some ale!!

See you inn (ha) a bit guys and gals!
10-10-03 04:23 PM
jb
10-10-03 04:23 PM
LadyJane Somebody's off to a great evening and a bad hangover tomorrow!!!

Making me thristy!! Is it 5:00 pm yet??

LadyJ.

PS...joshy...are you having fun with the emoticons??!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
10-10-03 04:24 PM
jb ")
10-10-03 04:24 PM
jb
10-10-03 04:25 PM
steel driving hammer That's Ronnie's album.

Which why it sounds so good.

Taylor couldn't come close to doing those riff twitches on Hey Negrita or Hot Stuff.

SHEEEEK IT UP!
10-10-03 04:28 PM
jb
10-10-03 04:29 PM
Zeeta Hi all,

just readin this fuckin' board its so addictive!!!#

I was mean't to be out fuckin 30 mins ago!!

Bollox! Yeah Ronnie is my idol when wet!!!

Been off the booze detoxin' and all that shit for a week and its VERY boring and I saw absolutely, seriously no health benefits or "feelgood factor" bullshit - drinking fuels the human spirit! EVERYONE GET A DRINK WE SHOULD ALL GET HAMMERED...OH SHIT CRAZY MAMA JUST STARTED TO PLAY AGAIN!!!!! Really gotta go!

Keep it cool guys and have an ace nite i'll be mortled tomorrow!

Im out
10-10-03 04:30 PM
steel driving hammer
10-10-03 04:31 PM
Zeeta

hahahahha!!

Im off1 haha
10-10-03 04:41 PM
stewed & Keefed
10-10-03 04:48 PM
jb
10-10-03 05:09 PM
Factory Girl
10-10-03 06:33 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
That's Ronnie's album.

Which why it sounds so good.

Taylor couldn't come close to doing those riff twitches on Hey Negrita or Hot Stuff.

SHEEEEK IT UP!

Woody only played guitar on Hey Negrita and Cherry Oh Baby. Hot Stuff is Harvey Mandel on lead.

To call it Woody's album is a bit misleading, though he did debut on it. Some Girls, on the other hand...
10-10-03 06:33 PM
Child of the Moon Black and Blue?

Kicks ass, no questions asked.

Hey, Neg-gri-taaaaaa! Hey, a-noooooow! Hey, con-chi-taaaaa! Shakei'tup now!

Y'know one of my favorite parts on that album? During Cherry Oh Baby, when Keith shouts, "Irie!" Sounds like he's getting into it.
10-10-03 06:59 PM
glencar Too short.
10-10-03 07:15 PM
mac_daddy You guys should check "From Rags to Excess" which is Mickboy's 2 CD Black+Blue set. It sounds good, and there are things in there (like the outtake of Fool to Cry) that just absolutely rip!!!

zeeta - pm your addy to me, I have a BRMC show I taped that I wanted to send you, as well.
10-10-03 07:55 PM
Some Guy I really dig Hand of Fate-cause it's on me now, pick me up and knock me right down!
10-10-03 08:12 PM
Prodigal Son It's a great one. A-minus rather than A because it is too short (only 8 tracks and a combined 40 minutes or so? I could go for 2 or 3 more songs-and there was still "Worried About You" and "Slave" cut during those sessions which would've been welcome). **** out of five, in other terms.
10-11-03 12:57 AM
Scottfree Anyone can make an Ale, however, a Lager is a different story.....Course a story I can't tell at the moment.....
10-11-03 04:09 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Been off the booze detoxin' and all that shit for a week and its VERY boring and I saw absolutely, seriously no health benefits or "feelgood factor" bullshit - drinking fuels the human spirit! EVERYONE GET A DRINK WE SHOULD ALL GET HAMMERED...OH SHIT CRAZY MAMA JUST STARTED TO PLAY AGAIN!!!!! Really gotta go!

PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC WHITE BOY!

Damn Zeet! I wish you had made it down to London when I was there.

Yoose cool.

Later

Your fellow ineeb,

sirmoonie
10-11-03 06:46 AM
Zeeta
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC WHITE BOY!

Damn Zeet! I wish you had made it down to London when I was there.

Yoose cool.

Later

Your fellow ineeb,

sirmoonie

Cheers guys, in the word of chief voodoo child of excess - I love you all!!

That mickboy outakes sounds lush le mac I will indeed send you my addy!

It is 11.42 I have just risen from my pit and am eating Cheerios for some reason. I feel like a tourtured raison.

Was a great night - Passion fruit shots - Budvar a reet carry on!

I can't believe you guys in Cali voted in Arnie, its like the whole thing was a film; the voters choose the ending. Do you wanna see a movie star go and win the election - "YEAH lets VOTE" only in Hollywood man!

I coulda been in London that time - bollox!

10-11-03 06:53 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
I can't believe you guys in Cali voted in Arnie, its like the whole thing was a film; the voters choose the ending. Do you wanna see a movie star go and win the election - "YEAH lets VOTE" only in Hollywood man!

let's be clear, not all us Californians voted for Arnold - I sure didn't, and I am pretty sure Cardinal Fang did not vote for the Terminator, either. In fact, I am astonished that this happened, but it goes to show that Republicans turn out more than Democrats, and that they rally around their guy. If that dillhole Bustamante had not broken rank, I doubt we would be in this mess, but that is water under the proverbial bridge now. The thing that irks me most is that, while I tend to be fairly adept at handicapping these things, I was wrong with this one (and the recent Presidential election) - I didn't give Bush or Arnold a snowball's chance in Hell, and I couldn't have been more wrong...
10-11-03 06:59 AM
Zeeta
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

let's be clear, not all us Californians voted for Arnold - I sure didn't, and I am pretty sure Cardinal Fang did not vote for the Terminator, either. In fact, I am astonished that this happened, but it goes to show that Republicans turn out more than Democrats, and that they rally around their guy. If that dillhole Bustamante had not broken rank, I doubt we would be in this mess, but that is water under the proverbial bridge now. The thing that irks me most is that, while I tend to be fairly adept at handicapping these things, I was wrong with this one (and the recent Presidential election) - I didn't give Bush or Arnold a snowball's chance in Hell, and I couldn't have been more wrong...

Yes I know mate - I was not making accusations, you did the right thing not voting for the Terminator. But he is in power - how do you think he will fair, considering he is essentially in charge of the WORLD'S 5th biggest economy!?

Cheers
10-11-03 07:20 AM
mac_daddy I know you weren't - I am just so embarrassed that I felt the need to state the info in the above post loud and clear...

I think he is in way over his head (but then so is the President), and that he is going to find conservatives (like Drier, Riordan and that king of selfish, rich assholes - Warren Buffet), and he is going to act according to their whimsy and advice. In the long run, you just have to hope he doesn't f*ck stuff up too badly - he is out in three years; hopefully he will implode by then, or at least will have proven that he is so unqualified that the voters realize their folly and elect someone else.
10-11-03 08:31 AM
Zeeta
10-11-03 08:50 AM
stewed & Keefed Hey Zeeta, Next time your down south let me and HTM know and we can have a few beers.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
10-11-03 11:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man I was going to suggest that too!

Have a few beers then hit the vodka. Perfect!

Alex
10-12-03 07:07 AM
Zeeta Guys,

I moved to South London about a month ago so just let me know when! I like it here but have not job yet and booze is so expensive here. �2.80 a pint...not like ooopp north where an ale is �1.80!

keep it cool

matt
10-12-03 07:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well London is too expensive for drink. It depends where you go. The cheap places to go are the Wetherspoons pubs. Prices for a pint start around 2 quid.

Yeah Zeeta, we should sort something out. It's easy to get to London from where me and stewed & Keefed are.

Where about's in South London?

Alex

Page: 1 2