ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Autographs Return to archive
10-10-03 06:48 AM
JaggerLips Any idea how I can go about getting any of the Stones autographs? I don't trust Ebay or anything like that because I would never be sure they were 100% genuine. Anyone ever written to them and had any success?

Any help would be appreciated!
10-10-03 06:54 AM
marko Be right place at the right time.
10-10-03 07:01 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
marko wrote:
Be right place at the right time.

So camp outside Claridges then? pretend I am homeless then?
I'd love even just a minute with Mick Jagger I really would. Just enough tiem for an autograph, a chat and maybe even a peck on the cheek, hahaha
10-10-03 07:09 AM
marko Actually,if you live in London,or paris.Or New York.
Go to airport,but then you must know when micks coming,,,,
I say,Heathrow is the best airport to catch Mick.Others
you won�t see when theres no tour.
10-10-03 07:22 AM
JaggerLips Don't live in any of those places, I live in Liverpool. I know someone who lives very close to Mick and Jerry's house in Richmond though.

hahahah this really is pie in the sky stuff!
10-10-03 07:37 AM
Juha

Marko�s advice is the best one. Bill usually answers fan mail. The others 99% sure don�t. I know a person who got a postcard from Ronnie, but that was after special arrangements.
95% of Ebay autographs are rubbish. Before bidding contact an experienced collector who has autographs in his collection. Some old ones (60�s) are ok, but new ones usually are not. It�s sad to see that people are bidding for forgeries. I just cheked eBay and I would bid only for 1-2 set of autographs.
10-10-03 04:49 PM
jb
10-11-03 08:12 AM
MarthaMyDear
10-12-03 01:55 PM
SHINE A LIGHT all i did was wait at the rehearsal hall. they were all very happy to sign....except keith. he's very difficult to get.

but, he saw me there, called me over and voila, he signed AND we had a little chat.

good luck. it's a matter of timing, too. they almost never sign at the hotel...coming to and from.
10-12-03 02:06 PM
SHINE A LIGHT SORRY FOR THE THREE RESPONSES ABOVE. MY COMPUTER IS GOING NUTS.

BUT BEWARE OF THE RECENT SPAM I'VE BEEN RECEIVING.....IT SAYS "AUTOGRAPHS FOR CHRISTMAS". THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW THAT THESE ARE LEGIT.
10-12-03 04:48 PM
Mother baby
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
SORRY FOR THE THREE RESPONSES ABOVE. MY COMPUTER IS GOING NUTS.

You are aware that you can delete your're own posts????
10-12-03 05:18 PM
SHINE A LIGHT yep, but please tell me how.....

thanks.
10-12-03 05:32 PM
Mother baby the little icon on the top of each post, that is supposed to look like a ripped piece of paper, I guess. Click on it...and "unpost"
[Edited by Mother baby]
10-12-03 06:32 PM
SHINE A LIGHT thank you very much. i did it and it worked.

have mercy on me, i just came from shidoobee?????????