ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones on mend Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-09-03 07:09 PM
Riffhard Yes Gary that is a good answer. If it is not official then no need to start posting it all over the internet. My point is that some people over at Gasx3 and here just add fuel to the rumour mill by stating things like,"I know some pretty bad news concerning the Stones,but I'm not at liberty to tell anyone. So just trust me because I know." That just seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Riffhard
10-09-03 07:11 PM
gotdablouse Well whatever it is, maybe it will force them to put things into perspective a bit and stop milking the fans and focus on recording new music!
10-09-03 07:18 PM
Gazza >My point is that some people over at Gasx3 and here just add fuel to the rumour mill by stating things like,"I know some pretty bad news concerning the Stones,but I'm not at liberty to tell anyone. So just trust me because I know"

that I agree with you about. I've also heard people "in the know" post stuff before thats turned out to be bullshit. Not necessarily through any fault of their own, but because maybe their 'sources' dont know EVERYTHING about whats happening close to the band (and who does? Seems even some band members dont sometimes!) but also because events occur which scupper plans quite often.

>Well whatever it is, maybe it will force them to put things into perspective a bit and stop milking the fans and focus on recording new music!

from what I understand, we might get some sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.
10-09-03 08:34 PM
sirmoonie Elephantisis? Goiternads? Howe syndrome by proxy? None of those would seem to put a band like the Stones out of action for very long.
10-09-03 08:55 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
If you mend it, you could easily bend it...

What Reggae song?

Ketchy Shuby

by Peter Tosh, on the "Legalize It" album
10-09-03 09:05 PM
moy is chuck leavell finally changing sex to see if becoming a lady gets less complaints from the rocks off regulars
10-09-03 09:29 PM
BILL PERKS CHUCK LEAVELL WILL BE LOBOTOMIZED,ACCORDING TO MY SOURCES,BUT WILL BE BACK(UNPLUGGED)FOR THE NEXT TOUR.
10-10-03 02:20 AM
marko What about Billy Preston?
10-10-03 02:43 AM
Monkey Woman I'm glad for the "sick" jokes, because they defuse a bit of the emotion here! Chuck's sex change, indeed!!!

But most of all, I'm glad that Gazza stated it would'nt be life or carrier threatening... And he's right, the less we know, the less wise it is to speculate. So, I'll just send wishes of good recovery to the guy about to have surgery, and hope for the Stones to come back stronger than ever afterwards. Keep care of yourselves, guys, we love you!
10-10-03 04:35 AM
gotdablouse
quote:

>Well whatever it is, maybe it will force them to put things into perspective a bit and stop milking the fans and focus on recording new music!

from what I understand, we might get some sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.

Not just the two new songs on the DVD, right? Anyway that's the best Stones's news I've heard since the "Blimp" conference press 18 months ago when Mick was caught with his pants off, or should I say "no new album off" by the questions of the press!
10-10-03 05:49 AM
Moonisup
quote:
moy wrote:
is chuck leavell finally changing sex to see if becoming a lady gets less complaints from the rocks off regulars

Chuck is a hero, let us never forget that! he is the main part of the stones!!

Rik
10-10-03 06:01 AM
JaggerLips LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS don't you guys know that?? Jeez I will only believe it when I see an actual statement on rollingstones.com or any other respected source like a broadsheet newspaper or something or one of the band comes out himself and says what is going on.

Until then if there is anything wrong with them let's hope it is not life threatening or career threatening even.
10-10-03 07:38 AM
Mother baby
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
We've eliminated that. Pay some goddam attention will ya!

Yes sir. I will try to be more observant in the future.
10-10-03 08:00 AM
FotiniD I agree with Riffhard's posts. What's the point in posts like "I know that it's serious but I really can't say more"? Then why say that in the first place? It is indeed ricidulous.

Regarding respect for the guys' private lives, of course I agree with that, but really, people on this board and generally have spoken about the Stones' love affairs, their drug careers, their houses, their daughters and sons, their childhood, their marriages and separations - do you think it's an invation against their private life if we just discuss a health issue that may have to do with their ability to perform as well? I don't think so.

Anyway, let's hope all this figures out well in the end and thanx to Gazza for the info that it's not life threatening.
10-10-03 09:24 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

Ketchy Shuby

by Peter Tosh, on the "Legalize It" album

Ah!

We do the Ketchy Ketchy Shuby Shuby all night!

Thanks, it's been sticking in my fucking head all day yesterday!

Happy Friday My Brother.
10-10-03 09:44 AM
glencar Maybe Mick's getting Lasik so he can read the lyric sheets better.
10-10-03 09:55 AM
steel driving hammer He has been missing alot of lyrics in 03.

Especially on SMU.
10-10-03 09:59 AM
glencar Right. And those aren't hard lyrics.
10-10-03 10:09 AM
steel driving hammer They are easy aren't they!

LOL, I wanna scuba give it all you got!

Or, I wanna scuba in the mean mean machine!

Yugoslavia, Yugoslavia I'll never stop!

lol.
10-10-03 11:23 AM
jb
10-10-03 11:38 AM
telecaster It is a miracle Mick doesn't have AIDs
10-10-03 11:42 AM
jb
10-10-03 11:44 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

jb you have laryngitis today?
10-10-03 11:54 AM
jb No Tele...I just figured out how to make these little faces and find it fascinating.
[Edited by jb]
10-10-03 11:59 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
No Tele...I just figured out how to make these little faces and find it fascinating.
[Edited by jb]

Which face do you make when you are getting a Lewinsky from the secretary?
10-10-03 12:02 PM
jb How do you make that face?
10-10-03 12:48 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
since the "Blimp" conference press 18 months ago when Mick was caught with his pants off, or should I say "no new album off" by the questions of the press!

You can't be caught with your pants off when it's something you were going to say anyway. The greatest hits package was the deal from the beginning and the press conf was called to announce that and the tour. In fact, the Stones were even surprised themselves with how creative they began once in the studio, even though they hadn't really time to clean up and finish the songs.

(Yes, I'm reacting to something that can seem minor. But the usual ridiculing of everything Mick says and does is getting... ridiculous! Rant opened and closed. Thanks.)
10-10-03 12:57 PM
sirmoonie

Yeahhhh, 'luuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddesssssssssssss...
10-10-03 02:56 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

You can't be caught with your pants off when it's something you were going to say anyway. The greatest hits package was the deal from the beginning and the press conf was called to announce that and the tour

Actually if you listen to the recording, you'll hear at least one journalist ask about the new album in the Q&A session, showing the "disbelief" that the Stones were going to be touring behind a greatest hits package. Mick then said, "uh...no new album just a couple of songs" and you could sense in his voice that he was "eating his words" about never touring without a new album like an "oldies" act. In 1981 he had rummaged through the tapes to avoid that kind of issue...
10-10-03 03:42 PM
Monkey Woman Yes, I listened to it. What's the big deal? The journalist asks a question, Mick answers, perhaps a little annoyed at the guy's inquisitive stance, but that's part of the game. Maybe it's us, the fans, who have high expectations of the Stones and see it as a disgrace when they don't meet with them. Just my two cents...
Page: 1 2 3 4