ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger and Bowie's underground tapes Return to archive
10-04-03 08:56 PM
cusconola At one point I had seen a German documentary about the Stones, part of which touched on the relationship between Jagger and Bowie. Amongst whatever tomfoolery they did get up to, were recordings made in Bowie's basement studio with what even today would be considered "very explicit lyrics". A sample of these tapes was played during the documentary, and I would very much like to hear the whole thing. I have searched and searched to no avail for them, and would love it if someone could turn me on to any leads.
10-05-03 05:22 AM
egon whenever my friends want to have some 'fun' with me,
they start to talk about the time bowie put is dick up jaggers ass.

and as much as i pretend not to care, i do...

it's hard being a stones fan.
10-05-03 11:54 AM
Monkey Woman Wasn't that German documentary called Let It Bleed? There's a discussion about the (not proved but probable) bisexuality of Jagger. It shows a clip of MJ and Bowie doing the Dancing In The Street video and Cocksucker Blues play throughout. Suggestive but not much more.

Anyway, if Mick and David "did it", it's their business. And why not? Hey, whatever turns you on, baby!
10-05-03 12:26 PM
cusconola O.K. check it out. Anyone who knows anything about glam rock could probably care less about whether or not Bowie and Jagger got it on, after all, that's what glam rockers did. I didn't ask for proof of thier relationship, we all know they were good friends and possibly more. I asked if anyone knows where I can find copies of the tapes they made during this "controversial" time (meaning the time that Angie Bowie definitely did find them sleeping together (if you haven't heard her interviews regarding this, you should, aside from thier candidness, they are quite hilarious)).
I also suggest you get over your hangups regarding whether or not two people slept together 30 years ago.
10-05-03 12:55 PM
Monkey Woman Well, you didn't answer my question either. Don't get me wrong, right? But was that documentary Let It Bleed (the Austrian documentary wich was shown on European TV in July of 2002)? Because, as I said, the "explicit lyrics" were in fact the well-known song Cocksucker Blues, written years before the Bowie shenanigans.

Listen to it and read the lyrics at Keno's website:
http://www.keno.org/stones_lyrics/Cocksuckerblues.htm

"This song was given to London/Decca Records in 1970 by the Stones for their final single that they owed the label. London/Decca refused to release it. It was released in 1983 in West Germany on the album The Rest of the Best as a bonus single, but then dropped from the album after just 4 weeks of it's release. Features only Mick and Keith, but there is a bootleg of the song out there with the entire band playing on it, recorded sometime around the mid 70s."

And we do know some of the material made by Mick with Bowie, it includes the song It's Only Rock'n'roll. Bowie sang on the original tape. They recorded it at Ronnie Wood's home studio and Ronnie wrote it with Mick.

In Ronnie's words:

"Mick (Jagger) and I worked out I Can Feel the Fire (a song on Woody's first solo album) and after we'd done that, he said, Help me with this song 'cause I wanna see how it turns out. So, say on a Tuesday evening: two guitars - Mick and I - and Mick singing lead vocal and David Bowie and myself on backup vocals. Then I overdubbed the rest of the instruments last and it sounded like a good demo. So the next night, we wanted to put it in a more presentable shape so we got hold of Kenny Jones who plays the drums on the actual record. Ah... I ended up with just my acoustic guitar that I laid originally. Keith replaced - RIGHTLY SO - the guitars that I'd done electrically."

http://www.timeisonourside.com/SOIt'sOnlyRock.html

As for wether or not they were intimate... I wouldn't be affronted if they did. As I said, why not? But you can't stop most heterosexual, testosterone-driven guys from shuddering at the thought that one of their beloved Rolling Stones may have been just a little bit of a fag. Oh the horror! That's basically guys for you.
10-05-03 03:32 PM
gotdablouse hum...Angela Bowie actually saw them "sleeping together" as "in the same bed", not having sex as thiw could imply !!!! They had probably crashed after a drinking or drug binge...

As for these Bowie/Jagger tapes, I've never heard of anything in existence or even if there's any material at all. Neither Karnbach or Zentgraf have mentioned it either. Would be good fun to hear that original "IORR" demo recorded at "The Wick" (Ronnie's then residence in London)
10-05-03 06:00 PM
Gimme Shelter On the subject of Bowie. I just got tickets to see him in San Jose on January 27th.
10-05-03 08:52 PM
glencar Bring an ass condom...
10-06-03 05:02 AM
Diedre I can't believe all this professed disgust at some allegation about Mick and Bowie. Poor Mick. Like he's the only potential not 100% heterosexual in the Stones. Or in British rock. Many if not most of the British '60s and '70s guys were into that, practically. You should read Dave Davies' "Kink" book sometimes. The London music scene was just one big mutual admiration society, according to Dave. And there were more ways than a handshake to express it!
10-10-03 07:40 PM
glencar {{{{{{{{{{{{{professing ever more disgust}}}}}}}}}}}}