ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IS THERE ANY CONFIRMATION OF THE NEW SONGS? Return to archive
10-04-03 02:04 PM
Mr T just realized after I got the official word yesterday that I don't recall it saying anything about Well Well or Extreme Western Grip - did I miss something, or has there been no announcement whatsoever besides rumors
10-04-03 02:23 PM
glencar They're tracklisted at the bestbuy.com site so that's good enough.
10-04-03 02:51 PM
Mr T ok - nothing in RS.com or rollingstone.com (the magazine), but they did mention more extra stuff, so hopefully best buy is right
10-05-03 05:31 AM
egon it's true, 2 new songs.

in an official press release mick and keef said these new songs will be even better than 'don't stop'.

a cd single will hit the storex on nov 11th and will include a remix by the neptunes.

furthermore the 2 new tracks will be included on '40 licks cd the 4th edition'

sources close to him said mick's realy excided about the project and shouting "i'm gonna be richer than bill gates" from time to time.
10-05-03 08:35 AM
Bob Tamp Egon, where did you find this info about mick and keith saying the songs were better than don't stop, and a single will be out in stores november 11th. I hope you are right.
Any details if the new tracks are being released to radio prior to the store date?
10-05-03 12:35 PM
egon i was BS-ing
10-05-03 03:58 PM
Shockspeeder HAHAHA.............aaaaaaah HAHAHAHAHAHA!
10-05-03 10:07 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
egon wrote:
...and will include a remix by the neptunes.

Egon, I appreciate the humor in your post, but this part just isn't funny - it's downright scary.

Please, don't do that ever again.
10-05-03 10:51 PM
Mr T "i was BS-ing"

the likelyhood that these songs will be better than Don't Stop is hardly BS
10-06-03 09:02 AM
The Worst
quote:
furthermore the 2 new tracks will be included on '40 licks cd the 4th edition'
Oooooh noooo, pleeeeaaaasssse nooooot another version of 40 Licks! If things go on like this, we will soon have 40 versions. What a sell-out!
10-09-03 06:18 AM
JaggerLips The Germans are on this story too
Here is a little cut and paste efforst which I have translated. Here is the link, don't worry cats the German is pretty straight forward.

http://www.highwire-therollingstones.de/

Zwei neue St�cke aus dem Studio Guillaume Tell, Suresnes, France, vom 13. Mai bis 8. Juni 2002
- Well Well
- Extreme Western Grip

Two new songs from Studio Guillaume Tell, Surenses, France From 13th May to 8th June 2002

Well Well
Extreme Western Grip

I can't wait to hear these songs lets hope they get put on a new studio album. I think they should take Losing My Touch and Don't Stop combine them with Well Well and Extreme Western Grip then they are a 3rd of the way there already. What do you guys think? A 12 track album or a more extensive 15 tracker?

I am still collecting there albums so for me I can wait for a while longer I have 13 albums now

40 Licks
Bridges to Babylon
Voodoo Lounge
Flashpoint
Steel Wheels
Undercover
Tattoo You
Some Girls
Sticky Fingers
Exile on Main Street
Let It Bleed
Metamorphosis
Beggars Banquet

I also have 2 Mick Jagger albums
Goddess in the Doorway
She's the Boss

From what I know there are 44 albums out there but I gather a few of them are greatest hits and live albums as well, I want to avoid them. I only bought Flashpoint for the songs Highwire and Sex Drive.
10-10-03 07:25 PM
glencar Don't be cheap. Buy 'em all.
10-13-03 08:53 AM
JaggerLips Missed off Black and Blue how could I forget that?
10-13-03 10:06 AM
Shockspeeder what about the Neptunes I thought the new song was Sympathy for the Devil. Will that be on a new ablium?
10-13-03 07:22 PM
Mr T "From what I know there are 44 albums out there but I gather a few of them are greatest hits and live albums as well, I want to avoid them. I only bought Flashpoint for the songs Highwire and Sex Drive."

avoiding live albums?

you don't wanna be without a copy of Ya Ya's - there's no excuse for that