ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Letzigrund Stadium,Zurich 2/10 - Setlist,Pics And Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-02-03 06:03 PM
steel driving hammer

Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger reacts during the opening song 'Brown Sugar', at the Rolling Stones' last concert of their European tour in Zurich, Switzerland, Thursday, Oct. 2, 2003. (AP Photo/Keystone, Edi Engeler)

Rolling Stones guitarrist Keith Richards performs during the opening song 'Brown Sugar' at the Rolling Stones' last concert of their European tour in Zurich, Switzerland, Thursday Oct. 2, 2003. (AP Photo/Keystone, Edi Engeler)

Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger , left, and guitarist Keith Richards , right, perform on stage during the opening song 'Brown Sugar' at the Rolling Stones' last concert of their European tour in Zurich, Switzerland, Thursday, Oct. 2, 2003. (AP Photo/Keystone, Edi Engeler)

[Edited by steel driving hammer]
10-02-03 06:33 PM
steel driving hammer Can you feel the Sadness?

10-02-03 07:06 PM
Hand of Fate Good review from IORR

Yesterday it was raining, and it was not warm at all. Fall. Then in the morning of the show day the clouds disappear, and I realize this band is blessed with great weather on this tour. In fact there has been no real rain shows at all this summer, knowing there was a slight drizzle in Hamburg, a shower before they started in Prague, and light rain during the first two songs in Zaragoza. But tonight - perfect weather for the perfect rock'n roll band, we all deserve a proper finish of the European Tour.
The Swiss crowd was pretty silent, until Mick asked everybody to sing on "You Can't Always Get What You Want". They were singing indeed! The sound was good, the band was happy, and I was so happy that I could enjoy this show, then go home after four months on the road. So many great memories.

The B-stage was magic. Then I realized this band do not really want the tour to finish. They rocked like never before on the B-stage. Mick was everywhere. Even Keith came all over 2-3 times. And as they finished, Keith was sitting on Chuck's stool, smiling, looking at us like he did not want to leave, having his jacket half off, half on, as it was indeed a hot Street Fighting Man... But he had to go, Lisa was already far into Gimme Shelter. Keith was shaking hands with everybody on his way back. And did Mick really throw his jacket into the crowd? It would have been the first time I have seen it, and I have seen a few shows. May be it is the "tour over" feeling.

At the presentation Mick said he had to do a lot of thanking. He thanked all the 193 people in the crew. And I would join in and say thank you to each and every crew and band member for making this tour perfect. No cancelled shows. They played them all. Family and friends had to wait for three more weeks while the band and the crew took care of unfinished business, i.e. Twickenham I, Amsterdam II and Benidorm. This is not a band that ignores their fans!

Satisfaction and Jumping Jack Flash lasted forever. My favorites. Confetti. Fireworks. Nobody wants to leave even if the lights have been on for a long time. You will never find a fan at a Stones show that is not happy after the show, that is for sure. That's why they are the greatest rock'n roll band in the world, and that's why we will see them again, on the next tour!

03-Oct-2003:00:30 - IORR/Bjornulf
10-02-03 08:02 PM
Poplar
Thank you to everyone who kept us up to date. You kept my imagination running, and that means a lot.

And- of course- thank you Mick, Keith, Ronnie, & Charlie.
you guys are still the greatest.

Till the next time...
10-02-03 08:03 PM
LadyJane Oh Steelie...that first pic of Keith!!

His face speaks volumes....the end is as bittersweet for him as it is for us!!

I'm now going to have a nice Stoli and Cranberry in his honor!!

LadyJ.
10-02-03 08:22 PM
corgi37 Wow, it is sad. It could very well be the end of an amazing era. What an incredible achievement though. Over 12 month tour, at their age, after their long "lifestyle", and still charging outrageaous prices, and still playing to enormous crowds. This has been the 1st tour I've witnessed "online". It was such a thrill to see the progress through the U.S. then be able to enjoy it first hand when they came here to Oz. It was also a brilliant set of reviews from Europe. I was surprised to see a very large number of negative reviews and whinges about set lists, but now that its all over, i would gladly see them perform at their very worst, doing a very short set, than see any other band. EVER. I really feel part of a commnity here. A commnity of Stones fanatics like myself. This band has changed my life. Some say, not for the better (lol). Its been a pleasure to participate in this tour with all of you. But, it aint a funeral just yet. There is heaps more to come. A new dvd set. Simply has to be a new album. ANd before you know it... Another (final probably) tour. We'll all be a little older then, but hopefully not wiser. Hopefully still childish and immature and jumping around the lounge room like dickheads when we play a Stones cd. Love to all.
10-02-03 08:31 PM
UGot2Rollme hey Gazza, sorry about the confusion over the setlist missing Angie....

It was a beautiful night in Zurich....

I will post a more comprehensive review tomorrow, but needless to say it was fanastic seeing the Stones again tonight.. highlights were a maddening version of Midnight Rambler, with Sympathy and Gimme Shelter very close behind...

Mick embraced Charlie on the B'stage. looks like they were about to ballroom dance! Mannish Boy was a la El M'Combo, i.e. HOT! glad I could phone you into that one..

overall, it was a very good show, maybe a little too heavy on the war horses from my opinion, but on the other side, also kind of emotional, as Keith said before Slippin Away..

Well, I guess if it has to end, it might as well end here..(or something like that)

Zurich crowd was average compared to other 4 cities I've seen on this tour, but I don't think that influences the band much anymore these days..

Let's just hope they return again!!!!!!!

-----------------------------
-------------------------------

Keep on rollin!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 44 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Profile | PM | IP Logged

Admin Options:
Delete thread | Open/Close thread | Rename thread | Stick thread Back to ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

10-02-03 10:51 PM
Child of the Moon A big thanks to the Stones is certainly in order. I'm like everyone else here - happy but sad. And yes, that pic of Keef above says it all: "Thanks." Just a heartfelt "thanks."
10-02-03 11:35 PM
Madafaka Thank you all that made possible keep us informed. I never get tired to say it: Rocks Off is the best Stones place in the whole world. I'll miss the online info... This is a sad day! But still we have to the Stones
Cheers!
Max.-
10-03-03 03:23 AM
Jumacfly I agree boys, there s a kind of nostalgia this morning, thinking about this great summer we had in Europe....one more big thanks to Gazza and you all for your reviews, pix and funny posts.... for the first time in my life i ve seen the stones 3 times in a week, had a keith pick , met many fans , and was also glued behind my pc every single morning....and i liked it ,liked it, yes i did...

Keep on rollin

cheers
JU
10-03-03 09:21 AM
steel driving hammer

10-03-03 09:28 AM
UGot2Rollme Great pictures, especially of Keith!
----------
just reflecting a little more on last night's show, with Midnight Rambler and Mannish Boy my top two highlights - Mick really had the blues mojo going good - I love it during the slow part of Rambler when he growls, "well well,", and then everybody say "Ow!" he was really into it last night - and before the heavy guitar came into M-Boy, he sang "everything going to be allright" with all his heart.

What a band, what a great show they've been putting on over the last year... I get the feeling that they're not ready to pull the plug on this hot stuff quite yet!

10-03-03 04:04 PM
luxury1 Wow--I cant believe it either, Keith. I have goosebumps from a cold chill. My first tour "on-line." Thanks so much, the Unholy Trinity, for keeping us all connected round the world. It has been a tour to remember for sure. Dont you guys feel like "you are off the road" for a while too?!
BUt of course the Stones will be back. And so will we.
10-04-03 10:37 AM
bootcover

10-04-03 12:00 PM
Monkey Woman Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing!!!

To see a video featuring extracts of Brown Sugar and Angie from the Zurich concert, here's a link to a Swiss news website:
http://194.6.181.128/sfr/swissinfo.html?siteSect=105&sid=4305483

To see the video, click on the link "It's only rock n'roll... but in Zurich, 42'000 fans like it!"
10-04-03 01:39 PM
LadyJane Thanks for the link, MW!!!

Bittersweet, though, bittersweet!!

LadyJ.
10-07-03 09:27 AM
JaggerLips Yes what a tour it was, I just wish that I would have gone than more than just one concert. I have a feeling this won't be their last tour I mean they still have so much to offer and the Stones ain't Rolling any slower.
I saw them for the very first time this September and I feel there is unfinished business. I am just remembering how sad I felt when I saw the Stones leave B Stage at the MEN in Manchester and watching them walk through the corridor and with Mick being the last person I saw before the doors were closed behind, of course I knew they would be back on the main stage but for me it was the realisation that that night had to end, you never want it to though.
I love them so much more than I did when I first got into them just less than a year ago, but I feel as though I have been a fan for longer than that.
Sorry for sounding cliche but their music is the only music I feel I can understand totally, David Bowie being my second understanding.

To round this all off THANKS MICK, THANKS KEEF! THANKS RONNIE AND THANK YOU MR SNARE MASTER CHARLIE WATTS!
I LOVE YOU!
IT'S ONLY ROCK N ROLL BUT I LIKE IT LIKE IT YES I DO OH WELL I LIKE IT
10-13-03 11:57 AM
jb
10-14-03 08:52 AM
steel driving hammer
Page: 1 2