ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Congratulations Cardinal Fang!! winner of the Trivia
Thanks so much Fernando Aceves

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cubs Win! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-03-03 11:09 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The Atlanta Braves are going to win this thing in five games. Period! The end! It's over Cubs fans.

Ohhhhhhh please don't say that my brother!

I'm seeing them tonight at Wrigley, in the rain too maybe.

But regarding Rush Limbaugh, Dusty Baker was right, "White Men can't stand the heat."

LOL!!
10-03-03 11:16 AM
Joey

Justin Timberlake is currently banging Cameron Diaz !

Word to your GrandMother !

Jacky Chang !
10-03-03 01:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot >they deserve at least one more WS ring.<

Oh that's a good one Riffy! What the fuck is going on in your head? This is a game. No one "deserves" anything. You don't "deserve" anything unless you "earn" it.

>12 division titles in a row.<

Yeah, and one World series title. Just as many as the hapless Phillies. The Braves play in the weakest division in baseball, and can outspend all of their divisionmates combined. So Ted bought you 12 division titles. What does that prove, other than Teddy knows how to sign big checks with lots of zero's on them. 12 years of beating up on teams that routinely lose 70-80 games. Yeah man, that's really something. HarHarHar.

Riffy, if you are gonna talk smack, you better come bigger than that.
10-03-03 02:28 PM
Joey " Riffy, if you are gonna talk smack, you better come bigger than that. "

Smack ?!?!?!

SMACK ?!?!?!?!?!

Did someone say , " Smack " ?!?!?!?!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

snduskwsdkdaskamkdmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yejo
10-03-03 03:00 PM
Mother baby My teem sux....Red Sox...ughhh. At least we have the Patriots.
10-03-03 03:05 PM
Joey " My teem sux....Red Sox...ughhh. At least we have the Patriots. "

You got the winner there in the Patriots .

Please ....................cheer for my Cubbies ..........................we have been losing for one hundred years .

JACKY CHANG !

|
|
|
|
|
V
10-03-03 03:36 PM
Riffhard Hey SS back up now mate. I was playing the sympathy card with the "they deserve it" line. For the record the NL East is not the worst division in baseball or in the National League for that matter. The worst division would be the NL Central infact(the Cubs division LOL!). Followed by the AL Central and then the AL West. Although I will grant you that the Braves are so good that they often make it look that way. The Braves had the best record in the bigs this year. They had the best interleague record as well. They had more wins against anyone against teams in the NL West and Central. So the fact that they made the NL East look so pathetic is no real suprise.

As for the 12 divisions that Ted "bought" that's not really true either. The Braves salary is only the 9th highest in the majors. It's nowhere near as obscene as the Yankmes,who have no doubt bought a few of their titals. Most of the Braves starting nine are from their own farm system. The exceptions being Sheffeild(big bucks),Giles(small bucks),Fick(small bucks),and Franco(tiny bucks).

I still say they deserve it and yes,they will earn it!

Riffhard

PS-Here's the link for the MLB standings so you can see for yourself where the strongest and weakest divisions are.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings

[Edited by Riffhard]
10-03-03 03:39 PM
Joey

Two words :

Asses Everywhere !

J. Kins !
10-04-03 08:41 AM
steel driving hammer Cubs Win Ronnie!

What I Said.

10-04-03 10:57 AM
parmeda Steelie...
Murphy's...5:30pm....be there!
10-04-03 11:04 AM
LadyJane Pammy...I'm not a huge baseball fan...but I was watching the game last night and routing for YOUR Cubs!!!

Chicago needs a Championship!!!

LadyJ.
10-04-03 06:09 PM
Some Guy Can the Cubs do it tonight, y'all don't want to come back to Atlanta, where we could lay the smack down on yer candy asses. This only applies if we win tonight!!
GO Cabernet Sauvignon!!
10-04-03 08:23 PM
Some Guy Wow, I turned on the TV in the basement expecting to see the game at 730 and damn it was in the 9th inning. So I guess we will lay the smack down on John Cusack's candy ass after all.
10-05-03 01:48 AM
steel driving hammer Ah! Cabernet Sauvignon!

I just might get drunk on that and send you 10 free Stones bootlegs!

You got me Rocking Ronnie!
10-05-03 10:17 AM
Some Guy The Cabernet Sauvignon beat me down. SDH drink up bro!!
10-05-03 11:54 PM
Phog Cubs win game 5!!! Next up: Marlins. Go Cubbies!!
10-06-03 03:21 AM
Prodigal Son Back again. My computer here was fukked up for a week, but now I have returned and was glad to see those Cubbies win. The title-starved Chicago (besides the Bulls and 1985 Bears, absolutely no championships in the last 40 years) needs a World Series and although they aren't even halfway to the 11 victories needed, it's a start. Those Braves are always a good team but they find ways to squander it. Never have I seen a more underacheiving divisional champ dynasty ever. Wow. Since 1991:
1 World Series (strike season of 1995)
4 losses in world series (1991, 1992, 1996, 1999)
2 losses in NLCS (1993, 1998, 2000)
3 div. series losses (1997, 2001, 2002, 2003)
Yikes, it's gotta be the biggest tease ever to be a Braves fan. I see why no one shows up during the reg. season, they know it's all for naught. Maybe Bobby Cox has to go. This has gone on long enough. He's been great, but maybe it's time to move on. 14 years with the team and barely anything to show. In literal terms during the same 12 year stretch, the inferior franchises of the Twins, Diamondbacks, Angels and Marlins have been just as lucky as the Braves when it comes to winning it all while even the Blue Jays have a leg up on them.
But I'd still love the Jays to have that lineup of Atlanta's.
But hey, those Cowboys of mine are 3-1. If they can take out Philly and easily stomp on the Lions, they're in a great spot, 5-1 on top of the East with a min. of 5victories down the stretch assuring them a div. title. Oooo, still a long way to go and a tougher schedule ahead, though.
GO CUBS!
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
10-06-03 08:17 AM
parmeda
quote:
Joey wrote:
Two words :

Asses Everywhere !

J. Kins !

Allow me to correct that...

Two words:
Kerry Wood!
10-06-03 08:55 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Atlanta is going to win this thing in five games. Period! The end!

She caught the Katy, and left me a mule to ride
My baby caught the Katy, left me a mule to ride
The train polled out, and I swung on behind
I'm crazy 'bout her, that hardheaded woman of mine
Man my baby's long, great god she's mighty she's tall
You know my baby's long, great god she's mighty my baby she's tall
Well my baby she's long, my baby she's tall
She sleeps with her head in the kitchen and her big feet out in the hall
And I'm still crazy 'bout her, that hardheaded woman of mine
Well I love my baby, she's so fine
I wish she'd come and see me some time
If you don�t believe I love her, look what a hole I'm in
If you don't believe I'm sinking, look what a shape I'm in
Well my baby caught the Katy, left me a mule to ride
The train polled out, and I swung on behind
I'm crazy 'bout her, that hardheaded woman-
hardheaded woman of mine.
10-06-03 09:38 AM
steel driving hammer

Michael Jordan hugs Chicago Cubs' Moises Alou in the locker room after the Cubs beat the Atlanta Braves 5-1 in game five of the National League Division Series at Turner Field in Atlanta Sunday, Oct. 5, 2003 .

Chicago Cubs fans flood into the streets surrounding Wrigley Field in Chicago Sunday, Oct. 5, 2003.

10-06-03 09:50 AM
Joey

Two words :

" ASSES EVERYWHERE !!!!! "

" Cubs in six over Florida Ronnie "

Christ , we're going to play the Yankees in the World Series - YES !!!!!!!!

Jacky Chang !
10-06-03 11:33 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
Joey wrote

Christ , we're going to play the Yankees in the World Series - YES !!!!!!!!

Jacky Chang !

I hope your right, young Joseph. The odds of getting past Oakland or Boston are even. Actually, the AL championship will have 2 of the 4 best teams in baseball. The loser tonight and Atlanta are the other two. Short playoff series give anyone a chance to win and the Cubs have as much chance as any with the Wood, Prior one two punch.
This post season has the makings of one of the best whether your team is participating or not.

The Stones and baseball, it doesn't get any better.

Rick
10-06-03 11:39 AM
Joey " Short playoff series give anyone a chance to win and the Cubs have as much chance as any with the Wood, Prior one two punch.
This post season has the makings of one of the best whether your team is participating or not. "

MaxMeister , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and tickle you with my erect nipples .

You are much loved by the Joey !

D.J. Jercee Joe !

10-06-03 11:45 AM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Short playoff series give anyone a chance to win and the Cubs have as much chance as any with the Wood, Prior one two punch.
This post season has the makings of one of the best whether your team is participating or not. "

MaxMeister , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and tickle you with my erect nipples .

You are much loved by the Joey !

D.J. Jercee Joe !

JOEY! Do they have a Happy Hour? How is the food?

Chicago Sun Times 10-06-2003

The sign outside Buddie's tavern at Clark and Aldine read, "Cubs on TV! Welcome!"

Despite the video golf game, the deer head on the wall and a dartboard by the front door, Buddie's is not what you'd call a sports bar.

While it's just a few blocks south of Wrigley Field, Buddie's caters to a largely gay clientele and is far better known for its legendary Long Island iced teas than as a hot spot for the shot-and-a-beer crowd.

But Sunday night, as dozens of patrons wearing Cubs jerseys and caps cheered along to the Cubs-Braves game blaring from six TVs, Buddie's was every bit a sportsman's hangout.

"All right! Yeah!" patrons screamed as Alex Gonzalez homered in the top of the second.

"How butch is this?" Chris Wisniewski, seated under the deer head, said at the top of the fifth inning.

Wisniewski and friends Roy Cortes and David Long have watched the series religiously.

Buddie's, the only gay bar in this stretch of Clark Street, is the best place to take in the game, Cortes said: "The street boys come in here, and they're drunk, and they'll hug anybody."

Turning their attention back to the game and specifically to Braves pitcher Mike Hampton and his "indecisive" facial hair, Wisniewski said he could use the help of the Fab Five from TV's "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

Make no mistake, Wisniewski, Cortes and Long are serious baseball fans, not like the boys a few blocks away at Roscoe's on Halsted -- where the game was on, but the volume was off, play-by-play replaced by throbbing dance music.

"Bunch of queens," Wisniewski said. "I bet they have a sign they hold up that says, 'Cheer now.'"

No signs were needed at Buddie's when umpires ruled that Cubs centerfielder Kenny Lofton trapped a ball in the bottom of the sixth.

"He caught it! It hit the glove!"

"That's a double play, baby!"

Three-innings later, when the last pitch hit Cubs catcher Damien Miller's mitt, the red strobe light flipped on and the stereo blasted Kool and the Gang's "Celebration."

Long ran out the door onto Clark Street, picked up his friend Jocelyn Boyd and spun her around, screaming.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Who would have thought?" Long shrieked, before turning around to go back into Buddie's.

10-06-03 12:17 PM
Joey " Buddie's, the only gay bar in this stretch of Clark Street, is the best place to take in the game, Cortes said: "The street boys come in here, and they're drunk, and they'll hug anybody." "

Tele ................................

Great Howard Carter like find !

Hug Me .

" Tie me up and call me Suzi Ronnie "

D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
10-07-03 10:55 AM
jb Marlins #1.....sorry Pam, Tele, SDH, but the fish have the magic...Ifany of you come down her for a game, please call.
10-07-03 10:59 AM
telecaster Happy belated Yom Kippur jb.

Cubbies will do it in 6

"Squish the Fish"

"In Dusty We Trusty"

joey if Buddies is too crowded check out "The Manhole"
a couple of blocks away on Broadway

10-07-03 11:03 AM
steel driving hammer The Cubs have Magic Slim who loves deep battered fried fish.
10-07-03 11:15 AM
Joey

The CUBS are DEFINITELY going to the SERIES !!!!!

Bet the RANCH !!!!!!!!!!

Cubs in six and my Baby Steelie rolling in it up to his elbows in seven .

...........................Huh ?!?!?!?!?!

" Bite Me Ronnie "

Jazzy Joe !
10-07-03 11:17 AM
jb We are setting play-off attendance records..over 65k..were #1!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4