ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Austin fans upset over ticket discounting Return to archive
13th October 2006 02:37 PM
Dan This article made me laugh

http://keyetv.com/entertainment/local_story_285221443.html

Fans Angry Over Discounted Rolling Stones Tickets

Gregg Watson
Reporting

(CBS 42) AUSTIN Some Rolling Stones fans are thrilled the band is coming to town, but outraged they're paying twice the price as others.

Want to see the Stones play Austin, but don't have $100 for a ticket? Well you can find a deal that will get you in for half the price, but it's not welcome news for some people.

“Well I went online immediately went they went on sale." Shari Fraser said.

Fraser was among the first to get her hands on Rolling Stones tickets. With taxes, she paid $230 for two of them.

But now you catch one of rock and roll's greatest bands for $50 a ticket, including t-shirt.

"I feel like I’ve been ripped off,” Fraser said. “I mean I’m sure it will still be a good concert but you know I’m going to be standing there with my hundred and something dollar ticket and someone else is standing there with their $45 ticket right next to me."

Ticket brokers say the concert didn't sell out so there are lots of seats. They received an e-mail saying get four tickets and t-shirts for $200.

"There's only so many people that can spend a hundred plus dollars a ticket to go see a concert," ticket broker Andrew Hentrich said.

At Wild About Music they dedicated a window to the Stones. They're big fans and surprised tickets are discounted.

"Are you serious? That's crazy I can't believe it,” Rolling Stones fan Fred Schmidt said. “I guess that means it didn't sell out."

"I don't think it's going to be their last one I think they're going to be around for a long time and they know their worth it," Rolling Stones fan Anna McBrair said.

Despite this trouble with tickets fans say they will still enjoy the concert

CBS 42’s Gregg Watson tried three times to reach Cap Sports Entertainment, the company handling promotions for the concert. He wanted to ask if they were willing to compensate fans who paid full price, and why are they discounting tickets. But no one ever called Watson back.

A Bigger Bang Tour rolls into Austin next Sunday, Oct. 22. The Stones will play at Zilker Park beginning at 4 p.m.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
13th October 2006 02:40 PM
jb Humiliating..............
13th October 2006 02:45 PM
Some Guy © Tarpism.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)