ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Stoned" movie. Return to archive
11th October 2006 02:25 PM
guitarman53 This movie on what happened to Brian, is not bad, but the actor's who played Mick, Keith, Charlie, are not very believeable.
This guy, Frank Thoroughgood, got away with murder!!! it was all covered up, & he confessed on his death bed, that it was him that killed Brian? Scotland Yard just thought Brian was a victim of the low people he hung around with, Misadventure, I don't think this is justice! it should be reopened, what do you think?
11th October 2006 03:08 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
it should be reopened, what do you think?

I think they should dig him up!
11th October 2006 03:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot Who cares. Pretty much everyone involved is dead now...and dead a long time.

So...who gives a shit. Really.

It's over. Done. Ain't no one coming back, and ain't no one gonna pay. So what, specifically, is the point in an investigation?

It was a movie. A movie based on a theory. With bad acting(but nice tits!). Get a grip. Movie reality ain't REAL reality....you know what I'm saying?

What are you gonna do? Go before a judge and say, with a straight face, that you want a closed case reopened because you saw a MOVIE that casts doubt on the original case? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that is?
11th October 2006 03:37 PM
Bitch I liked the movie, but the accuracy is questionable. The movie suggests that Brian was murdered, but it could have been accidental. No one will ever know the truth.
11th October 2006 03:57 PM
paddy i watched it yesterday - not bad.the bloke who played Brian was very good i thought.
11th October 2006 04:04 PM
Fiji Joe I thought the movie was OK...Mick was too tall and Bill and Charlie had no lines and did not get laid...not cool
11th October 2006 04:29 PM
GhostofBrianJones For those who do not like Brian Jones or understand the attempt at finding out
what really happened this does not apply. His death was MURDER!! Now all
over the US and maybe other countries this type of investigation whether it is
on Brian or anyone else is very important. If someone you knew or were related
to or had a great interest in and they died in a way that you felt was questionable don't you think you might start to ask questions? For me I would
like to know what the hell happened. No it will not bring anyone back as it
is NOT supposed to. It won't change anything either. But still those of us
who love Brian and enjoyed his music with the Stones and have read countless
books on him (as interpreted by the author) this raises more questions to those
who want answers.

I am sure you would asking the same questions if something happened to
the other current and non-current band members. It does not matter how
long they or Brian had been deceased, if something about it tells you there is
more to it I would think you would want to know. Maybe others don't give a
damn about Brian, but if it was Keith, or Charlie or Mick lying in a coma and
or even deceased their fans would be starting to ask a LOT of questions,
like when Keith was injured in the recent accident he had. Look how many
pages here was devoted to that!! Us Brian fans just want the truth we want
answers. If others don't agree then I that is their right.
11th October 2006 11:14 PM
Paranoid_Android Wasn't Jonsey an MI-5 agent? Isn't that what got him killed?!?
11th October 2006 11:16 PM
GhostofBrianJones If he was he should have gotten rid of Allen Klein AND Andrew Loog Oldam!
11th October 2006 11:39 PM
Zack
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
A movie based on a theory. With bad acting(but nice tits!).

Agree! Sadly, I understand the tits are fake.
12th October 2006 12:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot Dear GhostOfBrianJones...

First, let me say this...I am a huge fan of Brian Jones' musical contributions to the Stones. The Brian era is my fave.

See, I'd love to know what really happened the night that Brian died. We all would. But to suggest a long and costly investigation just to satisfy the curiosity of some fans is ridiculous.

Now, and I want something specific here, to what point and purpose would this proposed investigation serve? And who do you expect to pay for this investigation?

Let's just play make believe for a minute.

Let's pretend that an investigation was conducted, and it actually was found to be a murder case. Let's also say that it uncovers that Frank actually did it. OK, given that...who is going to pay for the crime? How is justice to be served, and on whom would it be served?

Do you see my point?

It wouldn't matter a lick to me who it was that died on that night all those years ago. I would still be saying the same thing now...reopening the case is a monumental waste of time and public funds.

Also, do you realize that a new investigation would have to be based on forensic evidence? And do you know how that evidence would have to be gathered? Brian's body would have to be exhumed. Do you know what exhumed means? It means that they would have to dig up Brian's bones for testing and analysis.

Do you really think that this is something that should happen? I'd think if you were really looking out for Brian Jones' best interests...you'd want him to rest in peace. Let him be. It's not worth the cost.
12th October 2006 02:46 AM
GhostofBrianJones Well at least you do like Brian, which I appreciate if I may say so.

We just want questions answered that is all. If you would check out the
fanclub run by Mr Trevor Hobley and read the forums and his statements
therein you may see the real reason behind all this. The club members and
Mr. Hobley and whoever else is interested is funding this investigation.
The whole circumstances of Brian's death is a loaded with holes. When
the investigation was started things just did not add up. We are just trying
to find out the truth whatever it is. Yes Frank is deceased and maybe some
of his employees might be too. But we strongly feel an investigation is in
order since new evidence has surfaced. I encourage anyone who might be
interested to check out the fan club site and see for themselves.

I love the other Rolling Stones too. I think they are the Greatest RNR Band
in the Universe. Mick has more energy than any young person I know.
Keith looks great and so does Charlie and Ronnie. Let's hope it stays this
way for a very long time.
12th October 2006 03:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot No. That isn't what I said. I said I am a fan of the Brian era...and that I appreciate his musical contributions to the band.

Otherwise I think he was a conceited asshole. He hit women, and ignored his children. I can never ever "like" someone who does that kind of shit.

And who is this "we" that you speak of? You think your obsessive little clique of "fans" has the right to DEMAND that your questions get answered? I hate to break it to ya...but yer not that important.

My advice. Get over it. Move on. Get laid.
12th October 2006 04:59 PM
GhostofBrianJones We or I am NOT demanding anything. We are PAYING for this investigation.
Yes I know BJ hit his women, especially when he was totally intoxicated and/or
drugged up. I can't change that and I don't like it either. You might know
that Keith and Anita got into a lot of physical altercations as well. Read the
books. I think they had a LOT more problems than Brian had and longer.

I do have life besides Brian. He is just a part of what I am interested in.
It is not a question of "getting over" anyone it is wanting to know what the
hell happened to someone I have liked all these years. I realize you don't
see it that way but no problem. To each his own.
12th October 2006 05:05 PM
MrPleasant What's the point in watching a movie called "Stoned" if you aren't stoned? It's like watching the film Titanic without a voodoo doll that resembles Leonardo DiCaprio.
12th October 2006 06:39 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
I encourage anyone who might be
interested to check out the fan club site and see for themselves.

I love the other Rolling Stones too. I think they are the Greatest RNR Band
in the Universe. Mick has more energy than any young person I know.
Keith looks great and so does Charlie and Ronnie. Let's hope it stays this
way for a very long time.

Is that the LARS board where Mick and Keith are known and Prick and Thief?
12th October 2006 06:41 PM
DJAsh Keylock knows what went down. he was "adviser" on the film....

Whats sad is that the there is still a general perception that Brians death was suicide or a drug overdose. A work colleague even said to me, in all seriousness, that Brian died because he drove his Rolls Royce into his swimming pool....
12th October 2006 07:31 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Bitch wrote:
I liked the movie, but the accuracy is questionable. The movie suggests that Brian was murdered, but it could have been accidental. No one will ever know the truth.

CHECK PM
12th October 2006 07:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, fine. Brian was murdered.

But that does not change a damn thing, now does it.

See I've never understood some people's need to know details about another person's death. Why? To what purpose? They are dead...what more is there to know?

I had a guy who was like my brother...actually we were closer than he and his real brother, die last year. Some people say it was suicide, some say he was killed, some say it was an accident. And they all think that I want to know all about their theory. I don't. My Brother is dead. That is all I'll ever need to know. Everything else is superfluous and trivial. I don't need details because they simply do not matter. Details do not change the outcome.

And that is how I feel about the death of Brian Jones. He died. What else is there? The rest of the story is just glitter on a disco ball. And in the end he is still dead.

So go on and chase whatever it is you think that you are chasing. Knock yerselves out with your little exercise in futility. At the end of it the outcome is still the same. Nothing changes.
12th October 2006 08:17 PM
GhostofBrianJones I am sorry you lost your dear friend. It is always a tragedy when someone we
know,love or care about dies too early.

Some people call is closure. They want answers. Not all of us do, and no it
will never bring them back or change anything. It is not supposed to.
But for some people the answers are important, no matter who it is or who
they were.

Please don't snap at me. I am not trying to argue. I am just stating my feelings
and you are expressing yours.
12th October 2006 08:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Closure?

And people don't get enough of that when they close the coffin lid?

I mean, how much more closed can it get?
12th October 2006 08:58 PM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Brian's body would have to be exhumed. Do you know what exhumed means? It means that they would have to dig up Brian's bones for testing and analysis.

Do you really think that this is something that should happen? I'd think if you were really looking out for Brian Jones' best interests...you'd want him to rest in peace. Let him be. It's not worth the cost.

I still say we dig him up!
12th October 2006 09:05 PM
WJ
quote:
Brian Jones Girl wrote:

I still say we dig him up!

Yeah, you are not creepy at all.
12th October 2006 09:36 PM
Soldatti The whole movie was a waste of time, I didn't liked it.
12th October 2006 10:45 PM
killerbitch When a person dies they have no further use for their earthly remains.
So it does not make any difference to the deceased what happens to their
body when they die. If it helps to answer questions, then let them do as they
wish.
13th October 2006 12:55 AM
Bloozehound unless you suffer from insomnia due yourself a favor and skip this shitty boring movie and rent Stoned Age instead

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)