ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theater, NYC Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th October 2006 08:56 AM
KG819 Anyone hear anything at all about when the tickets for Beacon Theater in NYC are going on sale? They announced they are playing there 10/29 and 10/31 but they still haven't posted anything about when they are going on sale and how much the tix will be...
8th October 2006 10:10 AM
Gazza The tickets will cost $35 and $50. There has been no announcement yet about how they'll be made available to the public and any on sale date
9th October 2006 10:54 PM
Paranoid_Android http://www.cheappricedtickets.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?html=true&evtid=423587&sortcol=retail&sortord=desc

Here's some info for you
9th October 2006 10:55 PM
Paranoid_Android or try here for the 29th!!!

http://www.cheappricedtickets.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=423586
10th October 2006 03:47 AM
stonesgirl101 Could go on sale any time from now till then....

I'm going to nap a few hours before TM reopens.

*sigh*
10th October 2006 04:03 AM
Flairville I'm on a course all day toda, but it's 20 minutes from home. I can fake illness and be back home within 30 minutes! I hope it's not long now. Ben
10th October 2006 01:07 PM
glencar Please, someone get me a ticket!!!!!!!!
10th October 2006 03:44 PM
monkey_man Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
10th October 2006 03:49 PM
jb AS god is my witness, I will be there for the 2nd (and usaul better) show.
10th October 2006 04:03 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
AS god is my witness, I will be there for the 2nd (and usaul better) show.

cool. I was worried I was the only one that was able to get tix this morning
10th October 2006 05:03 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
AS god is my witness, I will be there for the 2nd (and usaul better) show.

Joshy, if tix go on sale whilst I'm in Chicago, please help me out. I will pay any price up to $2K!!!!
11th October 2006 03:57 AM
jostorm Nothing personal, but I'd be extremely happy if those who boast of the ability to be able to spend from 2000$ to 5000$ on one Beacon ticket get held up by the hand of fate on the night in question.

THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE EXERCISE, YOU MATERIALISTIC NINCOMPOOPS, is that this is meant to be a tiny speck of "give back time" from the Stones to their fans. The tickets are priced at 35 and 50$, which probably means that pretty much every loyal fan will be able to afford the pricetag.
At 40Licks I witnessed "fans" being turned into touts, clubshow tickets for 52Euros changed hands for 2000 Euros or more, or, even worse, were openly auctioned on IORR to the highest bidder, and the unlucky ones who couldn't afford it , went without. It was totally obscene and still makes me want to vomit when I think of it...
Let's face it: things are bad enough with the Stones being such greedy motherfuckers, why wait for Cohl or Ticketbastard or some other glorified tout to fleece us, when we can do that ourselves, thank you very much!?
So listen up. everybody, Josh is prepared to pay 5000$, Glencar 2000$. Ain't that great????

11th October 2006 10:19 AM
polytoxic
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Nothing personal, but I'd be extremely happy if those who boast of the ability to be able to spend from 2000$ to 5000$ on one Beacon ticket get held up by the hand of fate on the night in question.

THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE EXERCISE, YOU MATERIALISTIC NINCOMPOOPS, is that this is meant to be a tiny speck of "give back time" from the Stones to their fans. The tickets are priced at 35 and 50$, which probably means that pretty much every loyal fan will be able to afford the pricetag.
At 40Licks I witnessed "fans" being turned into touts, clubshow tickets for 52Euros changed hands for 2000 Euros or more, or, even worse, were openly auctioned on IORR to the highest bidder, and the unlucky ones who couldn't afford it , went without. It was totally obscene and still makes me want to vomit when I think of it...
Let's face it: things are bad enough with the Stones being such greedy motherfuckers, why wait for Cohl or Ticketbastard or some other glorified tout to fleece us, when we can do that ourselves, thank you very much!?
So listen up. everybody, Josh is prepared to pay 5000$, Glencar 2000$. Ain't that great????

Fuckin' right!
11th October 2006 10:23 AM
Nellcote Buy the dvd
11th October 2006 10:53 AM
jb I don't have tickets yet....I have no idea when they are going on sale, but I requested that my credit card "concierge" obtain a ticket for me when they become available.
11th October 2006 10:55 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Nothing personal, but I'd be extremely happy if those who boast of the ability to be able to spend from 2000$ to 5000$ on one Beacon ticket get held up by the hand of fate on the night in question.

That's catty...and more than a little turd-like...nothing personal
11th October 2006 12:25 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That's catty...and more than a little turd-like...nothing personal

Yeh, I didn't even catch that comment...very uncool...thanks Fiji.
[Edited by jb]
11th October 2006 01:05 PM
throbby So, when does the line form at the Beacon box office?
11th October 2006 01:10 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
So, when does the line form at the Beacon box office?

When the shit hits the fan?
11th October 2006 01:13 PM
Saint Sway When will they announce that they have cancelled these shows?
11th October 2006 01:15 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
When will they announce that they have cancelled these shows?

Funny, but I was thinking the same thing...I think the Clinton show is a done deal, but I am also concerned that the 31st could be a no go. I guess I'll go up to $7500 if needed.
11th October 2006 01:27 PM
Saint Sway JB, $7500 to see any show on THIS tour is just retarded.

WHY???

You know its the same old set lists, right? You've already heard Keith botch the intros to every song...You've already paid good money to see Ronnie wave in your general direction... you've seen Mick's neon silk, glitter assless jackets.... you've heard Blondie's maracca work at its zenith... and you've already had all your favorite songs smothered with horn arrangements... So why would you overpay for any show again?????? WHY??
11th October 2006 01:29 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
JB, $7500 to see any show on THIS tour is just retarded.

WHY???

You know its the same old set lists, right? You've already heard Keith botch the intros to every song...You've already paid good money to see Ronnie wave in your general direction... you've seen Mick's neon silk, glitter assless jackets.... you've heard Blondie's maracca work at its zenith... and you've already had all your favorite songs smothered with horn arrangements... So why would you overpay for any show again?????? WHY??

My last Stones show ever in all probability....I need to do this...Jewish guilt.
11th October 2006 01:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

My last Stones show ever in all probability....I need to do this...Jewish guilt.

True. Louisville was a mess. You cant allow that to be your last Stones memory.

Tomorrow there will be 24K frost bit Stones fans wishing they hadnt made Chicago their last Stones show.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
11th October 2006 04:18 PM
monkeyman62 Lets hope its the wrist bands for the beacon, the only fair way
11th October 2006 04:22 PM
jb
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
Lets hope its the wrist bands for the beacon, the only fair way

Life is not fair.
11th October 2006 08:09 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

i feel your pain...
11th October 2006 08:29 PM
Paranoid_Android ANYWAY...a friend who works for the Shubert Organization in DC inquired about tickets thru his NY office and said that it is rumoured(or in the works) that the Beacon show on 10/31 will be a Box Office Only sale event...perhaps this is why we haven't heard anything yet, either on RS.com or Ticketbastard
11th October 2006 08:35 PM
Gazza Fucking shameful if it is. Basically it gives no one outside NYC a chance of getting tickets and confirms that the entire sweetener for getting people to pay for a fan club membership was 100% bogus
12th October 2006 03:24 AM
jostorm Gazza: just breathe in deep, and now out, and in again, that's it, just breathe evenly, good......!
It will be the usual clubshow-setup: biggest number of tickets sold through RS.com to people with haemorrhoid-inducing legacy membership, and with a maximum number of two tickets per person, the guest having to be named not at the time of purchase, but with a naming deadline a few days before the show. Then both need to turn up at the box office within 48 hours before the show, where they will be handed out the tickets and have their tamper-proof armbands fixed to their wrists and warned that if the armband is damaged at all at the time of entry into the theatre, then the ticket is invalidated.
Then there will be another, smaller number of tickets sold to loyal fans queueing at the theatre itself,strictly one ticket per person queueing, and on the day of the show further tickets will be released to the people queueing at the theatre. Some tickets, of course, will be set aside for VIPs.
Applying ADDA, jb will pay $7500 to his credit card concierge for the trouble of getting the ticket, and a further 25000$ for having the credit card concierge's arm cut off by his surgical concierge to remove the armband undamaged and fit a state of the art prosthesis. Not sure which procedure will be applied to attach the undamaged armband to his own wrist, but, being one of God's chosen people, I'm sure he'll think of something.... Perhaps he has a magical concierge, too?...
Of course, he could always buy a ticket from one of the touts who will be auctioning his second ticket on ebay, but that would be considerably cheaper and offer less monetary kudos and oportunities to brag about the pricetag, therefore he will opt for Plan A.
I can't make any predictions about the setlist on the night,I shall leave this matter to the usual setlist-whingers, but, if they are filming the concert, I can predict that all phones and any "spotted" recording equipment will be confiscated at entry to the club during very comprehensive searches and metal detectors, and that every time a camera/phone flash goes off during the concert, no matter where, at least 4 security guys will descend upon the perpetrator from nowhere and unapologetically deposit the offender's arse onto the sidewalk outside.
If I get any further information from my glass ball, I shall let you know....
[Edited by jostorm]
[Edited by jostorm]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)