ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Check it bleeds, drunk as piss Alice Cooper smacking lips with the hootch Return to archive
7th October 2006 01:51 AM
sirmoonie Wow! Que mongo is drunk. He ain't even trying to get up off that floor. Shades of Reverend Smedley.

7th October 2006 06:51 AM
UGot2Rollme great performance, especially the ending. Also like how he sings a bit of American Pie (drove my Chevy to the levy..).
He should of never quit drinking!
7th October 2006 07:50 AM
Taptrick
Guess he decided the brain was better off awake than asleep.

Band is smoking. Alice's timing is dead on.

7th October 2006 08:43 AM
rollmops I am not such if he is really drunk or just acting because when he ends the song he is in control. The ending is quite complex not the usual rock and roll ending where everybody goes wild and hopefully hits the last beat together.
Great performance. I love it!
Mops
7th October 2006 05:00 PM
Gazza supposedly, a hawaii radio station reported that he's the opening act for the US tour closer in Honolulu..
7th October 2006 05:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
supposedly, a hawaii radio station reported that he's the opening act for the US tour closer in Honolulu..

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my nipples .
7th October 2006 05:50 PM
Jumping Jack The famous early 70s German clip and yes, he was totally wasted. He does an interview about that clip on the Prime Cuts DVD.

Much better today than the 70s. :-)
8th October 2006 12:42 AM
sirmoonie Nice to see the Alice fans. My goodness, he was miffed. And the Alice Cooper band was on Fire!!!! Fucking love 70s hard rockers, fucking love it.
8th October 2006 02:32 PM
danielharris627 haha awesome!
I wanna see the original band. They are playing at the alice cooper christmas pudding this year!! Minus glen buxton obviously RIP
8th October 2006 06:50 PM
guitarman53 The original Alice Cooper band was fantastic, Man!! could they rock, I remember seeing them lots of times before 1974, they (expect Neil Smith) were together since High School, they were a fantastic tight band, I remember them before they got into the horrow stuff, A lot of people thought they were gay, I remember one concert when the audience were throwing apples & oranges at them (this was a rock festival where they passed out free fruit called Beggar's banquet) Alice himself was catching this while he was singing, I remember Michael Bruce getting hit on the side of his face (he was playing Organ) the Bass player, Dennis Dunaway, was hiding behind the Amps, this was in Toronto.
8th October 2006 08:08 PM
Jumping Jack I was surprised to learn the guillotine was from a high school play which they used in a 60s high school concert and has been part of the shtick ever since.

Honestly, if you have not seen a full show recently you should go. They are way better now than when the were breaking the Stones 72 records in 1973.

Their show costs less than the TM charges on Stones tickets and rock harder.
9th October 2006 09:27 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Their show costs less than the TM charges on Stones tickets and rock harder.

I may have to attend this concert .

Kins.

9th October 2006 10:13 AM
Jumping Jack Kins, go to the Phoenix show!!! Word.
10th October 2006 05:54 AM
Bitch OK you conviced me to buy a ticket for the Oct 28th show in AC HOB. I got a pair for under $100. It isnt sold out yet.
10th October 2006 06:57 AM
Jumping Jack Coop has bought out the entire HOB restaurant after 3:00 pm for a party. He is either expecting a lot of guests or it is a security measure for those who are coming.

Payback for the Rattlesnake Inn hospitality?

Bitch, enjoy the show!!!
10th October 2006 07:14 AM
FotiniD
10th October 2006 11:43 PM
Bitch HOB Party crashing is now on my "to do" list!
11th October 2006 03:09 PM
SheRat
quote:
rollmops wrote:
I am not such if he is really drunk or just acting because when he ends the song he is in control. The ending is quite complex not the usual rock and roll ending where everybody goes wild and hopefully hits the last beat together.
Great performance. I love it!
Mops

You can tell he's shitfaced because at the beginning, he is actually trying to remember how the song goes--but he's trying to pass it off like he's just riffing.

That's what you do when you're onstage and you forget the words. You FREAK OUT because you can't remember and the adrenaline that hits helps you remember the words and then carries you through the song. This is why sometimes fucked up beginnings make for the best endings live--it's not just that you're trying to make up for it, it's that you've got all that adrenaline AND you're excited you finally remembered the song and this combo really can help you hit a groove.

Notice howe his eye makeup makes him look more sober than he is...I've got to try that sometime.

11th October 2006 03:13 PM
Jumping Jack Bitch - my thoughts exactly!!!
12th October 2006 01:17 AM
Navin I was a bit disappointed to find out that Alice Cooper - the man behind the mask and the band - never did any drugs of any kind in his entire life...maybe only Bill Wyman can claim a similar fate.

Another fact, he's off that demon alcohol for more than 20 years now !!
12th October 2006 10:11 AM
StickyFishFingers If you get the chance to see the Coop in concert - make sure you go because he is such a great entertainer & his group is pretty tight too - they've got the 70's sound down-pat.

[Edited by StickyFishFingers]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)