ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Qwest Field, Seattle, WA - 17th October 2006
© Seattle Post Intelligencer with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dancing In The Street Video Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th October 2006 07:33 PM
deuce Alright, I seem to remember a link to this video being posted in the past 2 months or so, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlklmCDJv0E&mode=related&search=

Video Guide

Bowie pisses me off from 0:37 to 0:39....nice dance, and take your hands out of your pocket.

From 0:41 to 0:43 I kind of hope Bowie trips when he lands

Check out the gayest jump of all time done by Mick at 0:56 - 0:57

1:10 - 1:22 - *Sigh*....

Mick wants to ram Bowie from 1:35 to 1:39. Howe can this be happening?

I hate Bowie's leg kicks from 1:43 to 1:45. Not to mention the way he says Brazil.

2:03 - 2:16 - Now, I love Mick's moves, but...

2:48 - 2:51 - Doesn't help rumors much...

Just a few things I happened to notice. Weird mood for me tonight guys. Oh well, stop in the Loving Cup Bar if you can, we'll crank some tunes
4th October 2006 07:37 PM
BONOISLOVE These people are W-A-C-K-O!
4th October 2006 07:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
deuce wrote:
Just a few things I happened to notice. Weird mood for me tonight guys. Oh well, stop in the Loving Cup Bar if you can, we'll crank some tunes

cool! I heard theres a ton of Stones art on the walls!

please post the "Lets Work" video so I can drink myself to death tonite
[Edited by Saint Sway]
4th October 2006 07:39 PM
deuce Bono?

4th October 2006 07:55 PM
BONOISLOVE My ability to transform into anyone or anything is cause for a grin so wide it could swallow up the whole world.
4th October 2006 08:10 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

cool! I heard theres a ton of Stones art on the walls!

[Edited by Saint Sway]

It's a pleasure!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHByn1Skq7M
4th October 2006 08:12 PM
BOWIE I demand a retraction and I demand this thread to be taken down immediately. Thank you.
4th October 2006 08:26 PM
texile embarrassing video from both bowie and jagger...
it made me cringe then and now.
4th October 2006 08:30 PM
BOWIE
quote:
texile wrote:
embarrassing video from both bowie and jagger...
it made me cringe then and now.

As soon as I watch it I go into spastic convulsions and need to turn it off.
4th October 2006 08:35 PM
stonedinaustralia Saint Sway wrote:

quote:
Soldatti wrote:

It's a pleasure!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHByn1Skq7M

that really is the pits isn't it - it just doesn't get any worse than that

it would be embarrisng coming from any number of "rock 'n' rollers" but coming from mick!! - it just makes you want to weep

the monet i first saw that video was the moment i had to accept that the great mick jagger could actually be very un-cool - a sad time - although the '81 lemon yellow tights also pushed the bounds of credibility

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
4th October 2006 08:39 PM
MrPleasant The "Dancing In The Streets" video...

This is the second time this day that I get uncontrollable giggles.
4th October 2006 08:42 PM
GotToRollMe Incredibly silly video, but I love it just the same.
5th October 2006 05:45 AM
Prodigal Son Wow, yeah this was the downpoint of Mick's solo career. His efforts to tap into the youthful trends in contemporary music were laughably bad on She's the Boss and less so on Primitive Cool. Goddess is the same way, but Wandering Spirit kicks ass. Still, Jagger's 80s vocals were amazing. He was just shouting on every song and really sounded back into the technique of it all, but as this other video proves, his songs were sucky and he's been a pretty weak lyricist for a while. No wonder he wanted to record solo, those songs didn't fit the Stones; the band had too much integrity riding on their work, so it would be suicide. Check out "Lucky in Love."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIvwsKM7T6Y&mode=related&search=
5th October 2006 07:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Incredibly silly video, but I love it just the same.

Me too. Surprised at the flak it gets - its just a bit of a giggle, with the two of them obviously havin a laugh and being able to take themselves not too seriously. And I always liked Mick's shirt..lol.

Its nowhere near as cringeworthy as the Lets Work video nor as ridiculously campy as his over the top poncing and mincing in that silly jumpsuit in the 'Silver Train' video.

Mick's lip-synched performance in front of hordes of teenagers of "lets work" on Top of the Pops is the ultimate low point credibility wise as far as I'm concerned. I would sooner watch my own autopsy than view that atrocity ever again.
[Edited by Gazza]
5th October 2006 07:52 AM
Gazza
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Wow, yeah this was the downpoint of Mick's solo career. His efforts to tap into the youthful trends in contemporary music were laughably bad on She's the Boss and less so on Primitive Cool. Goddess is the same way, but Wandering Spirit kicks ass. Still, Jagger's 80s vocals were amazing. He was just shouting on every song and really sounded back into the technique of it all, but as this other video proves, his songs were sucky and he's been a pretty weak lyricist for a while. No wonder he wanted to record solo, those songs didn't fit the Stones; the band had too much integrity riding on their work, so it would be suicide. Check out "Lucky in Love."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIvwsKM7T6Y&mode=related&search=

The kid playing Mick as a child in the Lucky In Love video is his nephew (one of Chris Jagger's kids)
5th October 2006 09:19 AM
not bound to please
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Saint Sway wrote:

it would be embarrisng coming from any number of "rock 'n' rollers" but coming from mick!! - it just makes you want to weep

the monet i first saw that video was the moment i had to accept that the great mick jagger could actually be very un-cool - a sad time - although the '81 lemon yellow tights also pushed the bounds of credibility

I didn't listen to the Stones until B2B after that...

The lemon lemon football pants were brilliant - so I have to disagree with you there.

5th October 2006 09:51 AM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I didn't listen to the Stones until B2B after that...

The lemon lemon football pants were brilliant - so I have to disagree with you there.

Lambchop ........................................

Caked !
6th October 2006 03:41 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The kid playing Mick as a child in the Lucky In Love video is his nephew (one of Chris Jagger's kids)

The one who's become a crack addict?
6th October 2006 12:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

The one who's become a crack addict?

I dont think so. Chris has about 5 kids. I do remember one of them getting busted a few years ago, so not sure if its the one you mean. However he would have been older than the kid who's in the video - that song came out in 1985 so he would only have been about, what , 6 or 7 then?
6th October 2006 12:55 PM
TampabayStone Bob looks like he had some face work done in that RS pic. HAve we already covered this?
6th October 2006 07:33 PM
WJ You're eyes do not deceive you; I not only own the 12" single but it's the extended dance mix!
Proceeds went to Live Aid, okay?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
6th October 2006 10:26 PM
GotToRollMe Mmmmmmm...I like that cover. Don't feel so bad - I own the 12-inch of "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)."
6th October 2006 10:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Mmmmmmm...I like that cover. Don't feel so bad - I own the 12-inch of "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)."

I own the 12 inch of BOTH Cat People and Dancing in the Street..!
6th October 2006 10:59 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I own the 12 inch of BOTH Cat People and Dancing in the Street..!

Gazza, yer a man after my own heart...LOL!
6th October 2006 11:03 PM
pdog Mullets ruled the 80's!
10th October 2006 10:56 PM
diamondsgirl which is better

Van Halen's DITS or Bowie/Jagger??

I go with VH
11th October 2006 08:03 PM
texile
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yeah, that happened to me too around the same time, maybe earlier with she's the boss...his whole image tanked after that, he seemed like a wannabe.
i had fallen in love with the stones circa 78 when i was aobut 12 and of course disovered the history up to that point - they epitomised cool and bad-ass to me and to most people..
and then jagger's 80s persona took hold and left me dissoulusioned - i was still young enough to be crushed..
like that dylan line:
'and after you realized he wasn't really where it's at..'
i'm still mystified - the jagger pre-1983, maybe 84...had that coolness you never thought he would lose and than...
11th October 2006 08:23 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
diamondsgirl wrote:
which is better

Van Halen's DITS or Bowie/Jagger??

I go with VH

neither - the original is still the best (imo)- accept no substitute!!

couldn't find a clip of DITS - but here's two other classics for your musical delectation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhcflDSUMvc&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGBSs6sEIJM&mode=related&search=
11th October 2006 10:43 PM
AlexKx I love all versions! They all are classics and rock my world! Are you all just now discovering all the gayness with the Rolling Stones? Oh. Well. Watch the "Hey Negrita" short promotional film (other humans call them music videos) and watch as Mick ends the song dancing in some black mans arms with their legs all in between each other! Nice, huh? They must have just come from church or something...I don't know!
[Edited by AlexKx]
12th October 2006 12:50 AM
Navin Now, he is a dead black man...think they did it for the entire tour, and the name for it was - rockdance or was that shockdance...

Don't mean to offend, but I loved the promo for "Lets Work" when it first came out - I had just started out with The Stones then, and 'Primitive Cool' is still one of my favourite albums, along with all the 80s albums, solo and group...I might be one of the very few who likes the 80s Stones much more than the 60s and 70s Stones.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)